Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Velen should become the new Archbishop of the Alliance!

We all know the current Archbishop is a twilight cultist and a traitor to the alliance! the question is... who should lead us? who should lead the thousands of humans, dwarves, and worgens in the way of the light?

i propose that the prophet Velen should be our new archbishop of the alliance, spreading the light to all is the draeneis thing its what they do. yes he is a prophet which is techically a higher rank, however that rank is no differnt than king, queen, high priestess, arch druid, ect in terms of what this game is about. having him as arch bishop puts the draenei in a more prominate position in the alliance and leads to lots of new possiblities

VELEN FOR ARCHBISHOP!
    (btw no current lore on major differences between draenei light and human light for all we know the light is always followed the same regardless)

btw some 1 put this in the wow forums for me please

btw read this so i dont have to explain the holy light is a god every 2 seconds, but rather is an idea
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Light

btw Velen should stay in Exodar to lead his people, we can have several alliance npcs who are faithful tot the light walk around and listen to velens lectures

The Prophet Velen
    <Archbishop of the Alliance>
    btw here is an alternate story i also found interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    What I would like to see is the following. Some progressive human priest felt called by the Light to take a pilgrimage to the Exodar, where he becomes Velen's disciple. When this priest returns to Stormwind, he is a changed man: enlightened by the lore and wisdom of the Draenei, and eager to spread his enlightenment around. Because he is charismatic and full of conviction, this priest becomes popular, especially among the poor and disenfranchised lower classes of Stormwind on account of the fact that he preaches the Draenei way of a close, personal connection to the Light rather than the old human way of reaching the Light through the Church. People are largely tired of the old ways of the Church, and have lost faith in the Church as an institution because of Benedictus. Because of his popularity and the potential that he has to help bring the Alliance together and reinvigorate people's faith, this priest becomes the new Archbishop. As Archbishop, he begins a slow reformation to bring the Church's teachings closer to draenei wisdom, and openly acknowledges Velen as the Light's true prophet and the source of these new teachings that he is bringing to Stormwind. But because the new Archbishop is a charismatic human, from a Church background and born and raised in Stormwind, people feel secure in his leadership and don't react to the new ideas with xenophobia.
    (lets call him Lartin Muther)

although i dislike the safe and secure ...../yawn feeling of the last sentence i overall like the idea. its a martin luther reference (not king jr... the first guy we learn about with that name in the history books)

btw Velen would be in this idea archbishop of the alliance not the church of stormwind.... the chuch or sw can have a human or a dwarf (i prefer the guy i will name lartin Muther) while velen is now the leader of all while the dwarves humans, worgen humans and draenei keep to there own light and cultural exchange with each other. the archbishop of stormwind would answer to Velen ARCHBISHOP OF THE ALLIANCE!

do not forget, this is simply an idea. i am not speculating, i am not demanding. i am not even using lore to prove my point since its litereally a cool suggestion for draenei lore and new story arcs..... if u think any differntly from this paragraph ur a fool, trust me on that 1

btw ty for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-08-15 at 07:14 AM.

I second your nomination of The Prophet Velen. Hear, hear for my /waggle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that position a human thing and isn't Velen not even a member of the Church of the Light?

Woo Ping for Archbishop.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-08-11 at 05:24 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Isn't that job a human thing?
    racist

but no i mean dwarves and worgens also follow the same holy light as the normal humans (worgens are no longer human so they are seperate)

the draenei worship the same light with the naruu as the teachers and the guides

but its basically the same light

VELEN FOR ARCHBISHOP..... HE CAN STAY IN EXODAR THOUGH

However the Exodar should be hovering above SW and have teleporters to EVERY single zone. But, fir reals. I totally agree with Eltrollo. Been supporting you for the last two or three days now.

Velen is not a member of the Church of Holy Light, nor will he ever be.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise.
    What a wonderful world such would be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overland Broken View Post
    does not matter

the alliance needs to be united and putting velen in this position would give the draenei a stronger connection to the alliance and add so much more lore

it leads to followers of the holy light of all alliance races (nps) to walk in exodar discussing the holy light and velens teachings, he is far more wise and knowledgeable of the holy light than the previous arch bishops of all the human kingdoms combined

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 03:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rüster View Post
    However the Exodar should be hovering above SW and have teleporters to EVERY single zone. But, fir reals. I totally agree with Eltrollo. Been supporting you for the last two or three days now.
    only the past 3 days? i havnt changed at all :P why only the past 3

Quote Originally Posted by Overland Broken View Post
    /high five, you noticed something nobody else has

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    We all know the current Archbishop is a twilight cultist and a traitor to the alliance! the question is... who should lead us? who should lead the thousands of humans, dwarves, and worgens in the way of the light?

i propose that the prophet Velen should be our new archbishop of the alliance, spreading the light to all is the draeneis thing its what they do. yes he is a prophet which is techically a higher rank, however that rank is no differnt than king, queen, high priestess, arch druid, ect in terms of what this game is about. having him as arch bishop puts the draenei in a more prominate position in the alliance and leads to lots of new possiblities

VELEN FOR ARCHBISHOP!

btw some 1 put this in the wow forums for me please
    k doing it right now

EDIT: it expired RIGHT when i was gonna post it Grr
    Last edited by Undeadprotoss; 2010-08-11 at 03:50 AM.
    Yea yea....

VELEN FOR ARCHBISHOP..... HE CAN STAY IN EXODAR THOUGH
    This would really defeat the point of him being archbishop. He has to guide the people of Stormwind (the biggest congregation of light followers) in their beliefs, so if he gets the job he's moving.

I support this motion however if it can't be Velen, It'd be pretty interesting if they promote a lesser known character like Arator, he's got a lot of potential being the child of two very well known Alliance heroes and I don't believe it mentions that a Paladin can't be archbishop only that they have to be a follower of the holy light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    This would really defeat the point of him being archbishop. He has to guide the people of Stormwind (the biggest congregation of light followers) in their beliefs, so if he gets the job he's moving.

I support this motion however if it can't be Velen, It'd be pretty interesting if they promote a lesser known character like Arator, he's got a lot of potential being the child of two very well known Alliance heroes and I don't believe it mentions that a Paladin can't be archbishop only that they have to be a follower of the holy light.
    it wouldnt defeat the purpose if he stays in the exodar
    it allows for new draenei lore to be made with pilgrim npcs going to listen to velens lectures

He is busy leading his people, he really doesn't have the time, or the willingness to become a human leader. So no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Not Velen, since he's already got obligations to his people, but maybe some other Draenei guy. I like the idea of a Draenei being Archbishop.

15+ Year Old Account
    ITT: fanboyism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    He is busy leading his people, he really doesn't have the time, or the willingness to become a human leader. So no.
    hey his main job is to lead his people and teach the teachings of the naruu aka the holy light... im sure humans dwarvesm and worgens can join in the stands and listen

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 04:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    ITT: fanboyism
    i dont have a single draenei toon, but would love this

I'm all for Velen doing something. Anything, really.

does not matter
    You suggesting for a man of faith to change his affiliation simply because it would be the rational thing to do? I wonder how that will play out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its impossible.
    Imagine a Dalai Lama becoming new Pope lol
    Its something more. You cant so easy merge it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic013 View Post
    Its impossible.
    Imagine a Dalai Lama becoming new Pope lol
    Its something more. You cant so easy merge it.

thats asking a buddhist to be pope

asking velen to be pope is like asking an orthodox christian to lead catholics..... yes its crazy however ingame the holy light is worshiped basically the same way by all those who follow it. main diff is the draenei learn from the naruu

10+ Year Old Account
    thats asking a buddhist to be pope

asking velen to be pope is like asking an orthodox christian to lead catholics..... yes its crazy however ingame the holy light is worshiped basically the same way by all those who follow it. main diff is the draenei learn from the naruu
    its not so simple - even in game
    there are to many differences even in worshiping the same god (within the same religion) and you tell me that ppl of SW would unite with someone different and accept a different race and religion?
    I smell heresy and riots. Thats all.
    I know that you would love that 'because'. But no.
    Thats mabe a game but even though its not 'perfect' world.
    Last edited by Heretic013; 2010-08-11 at 04:41 AM.