Poll: Do you like this idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Isle of Quel'Danas

Ok, I got to thinking of old zones from BC, and I was thinking that Blizzard could bring back the isle of quel'danas by continueing the storyline of that place with a new blood elf enemy, or maybe blizzard could phase the zone to make it so that in the beginning it starts out all torn up, and wrecked. Then as we complete the new daily quests for making the isle of quel'danas a sanctuary or something that has an alliance side, and a horde side (kindof like Dalaran) and you complete the daily quests over and over again untill the zone has gone through all the phases and the zone is 100% phased into a *safe* place for players to do whatever they do in every other city. I'm not too sure what people will think of this, but I sure hope blizzard will take this into consideration.
    If it's red, it's dead, so therefore please save yourself the trouble of trying to run.

I want a way to access the awesome kickass version of the Sunwell that you get to see in the Battered Hilt questline. That's all I want.

Lorewise, it's pretty much a Blood Elf only place now that the Sunwell is back online.

Besides, what would they redo that area for? It has no bearing on the story of Cataclysm and we don't really need it for anything either.

I don't like the idea for 2 reasons. 1) being a sanctuary area, that would mean that alliance and horde can't attack each other. The constant ongoing battle was what made the original QD such a great place (in my eyes).
    2) You said:
    the zone is 100% phased into a *safe* place for players to do whatever they do in every other city.
    If they were to make it like org and SW then no one would go there because it is out of the way. To create an incentive for people to go there, Blizzard would have to make the city like Dalaran and Shattrath and I really don't want one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I don't like the idea for 2 reasons. 1) being a sanctuary area, that would mean that alliance and horde can't attack each other. The constant ongoing battle was what made the original QD such a great place (in my eyes).2) You said:
    If they were to make it like org and SW then no one would go there because it is out of the way. To create an incentive for people to go there, Blizzard would have to make the city like Dalaran and Shattrath and I really don't want one of those.
    dunno about the bolded. The only reason most people went there was because it was the area with the most daily quests to do/aquire/turn in.

I like it, sorta. I want them to introduce when it make sense, and not as fanservice. Maybe have it as the new Belf starting area? Who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quel'Danas had its day in the sun. Its empty now and I would rather see blizzard spend time making new zones. Same with the Bloodelfs. Their story arc was sorta covered in BC and now that the corruption of their leader Kael, and the purification of the sunwell have been covered there isn't anything left.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    dunno about the bolded. The only reason most people went there was because it was the area with the most daily quests to do/aquire/turn in.
    Not if you were on a PvP server.

There could be some High Elf vs Blood Elf unrest perhaps?

I think it would be awesome if this was the new Blood Elf hub, they eventually get tired of seeing the destroyed empty Silvermoon and being too lazy to fix it, they move into Quel again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want a Blood Elves vs High Elves confrontation...
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

the island was badass on a PVP server. doing dailies with friends, watching eachother's backs while questing. and of course the ganking raids, annoying, but sort of fun too. to make it a neutral hub would be a sadness. this is why i hated the argent dailies so much.
    but i can't imagine it being re-used unless they made SWP higher level content again, like Naxx. which i wouldn't object to either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elfs don't deserve anything but genocide

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShaggy View Post
    I think it would be awesome if this was the new Blood Elf hub, they eventually get tired of seeing the destroyed empty Silvermoon and being too lazy to fix it, they move into Quel again.
    Would definitely love that idea. Sunwell Plateau was always ne of my favorite areas of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgnumbers View Post
    Blood elfs don't deserve anything but genocide
    So do trolls with poor language skills.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Quel'danas was/is fun but I am rather done with it. The zone is compact and small and really doesn't have much room for an ongoing storyline in an MMO setting. It would become cluttered, just like the Gnomeregan and Echo isles events are on the first day of release.

It provided us a storyline given in several intervals during the sunwell highlight with a small bit of aftermath if you did the Quel'dalar quest. The Quel'dalar questline shows that the area is under quarantine by the Draenei peacekeepers while the elves are rebuilding. There is also a new event going on, the many pilgrims that belong to either Quel'thalas elf faction.

If blizzard would add anything new to that place it would feel out of place and disjointed. It has no relevance to wrath of the Lichking nor to Cataclysm then, only to the old old Burning Crusade. It would be fanservice to a fairly minor fanbase of Quel'danas.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Not if you were on a PvP server.
    Let me put it more clearly.

If there weren't so many dailies in such close proximity or it wasn't required to get into SWP for a time then why would as many hapless targets of either faction be in such close proximity?

The only thing I can see them doing is adding a phased version for a low level BE questing zone.

Isle of Quel'Danas was a fun place, dailies and world pvp. It made your dailies less boring and the game more fun. But I'm not sure your idea will work. World pvp died with the introduction of the flying mounts.

And Isle of Quel'Danas with flying mounts wont give the same experience

Edit: Talking from a pvp server perspective

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think anything needs to be done with it. We don't need a new hub city - we're back in the old world, let's use the old cities that have been neglected while we all buggered off to Shatt and Dalaran.

That said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymion View Post
    Their story arc was sorta covered in BC and now that the corruption of their leader Kael, and the purification of the sunwell have been covered there isn't anything left.
    You do realize one of the current racial leaders and city bosses turns out to be part of the Twilight Cult, right?
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bpl0807 View Post
    sanctuary
    That single word proves that this is a terrible idea.