Poll: Rate Tol Barad

Thread: Rate Tol Barad

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rate Tol Barad

What do you think about Tol Barad?

Personally, it's a terrible design. All the defenders need to do is stand in 1 base and it's good game.

What would make this design work is if there's only 1 graveyard for defenders at Baradin Hold (central structure).

I've had several ideas for original battleground designs (check signature).

Deleted
    Tell your raid this; L2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tol barad is currently being dominated by the defenders, we can't ever seem to win. I like the concept, of course, but when you storm Slagworks, kill the horde and then sit at the flag, the Horde (Some times) Can ress and zerg you whilst you are still getting health back etc. The Graveyards are the problem here. I agree with the central GY approach for defenders tbh.

What would make this design work? Give attackers some sort of advantage a la Wintergrasp. i.e. Destroy those 3 towers ( that right now there is no point in destroying) makes it so attackers only have to cap 2 bases. Or keep everything the same but instead of a 1:1 queue ratio make it a 1.5:1 in favor of attackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself together with a few fellows from my previous 5v5 team usualy tell everyone to zerg the towers then sit back in two of the bases wile we zerg the entire horde teams last remaining defence position. Think of it as a reversed "protect galv with your buds" tactic
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Terrible terrible horrible design. Zerging and turtling are the opposite of pvp. There is absolutely no skill or strategy involved. If you're defending, turtle one. If you start losing that one, run to one of the other bases that no one's guarding since the attackers have to zerg. Cap new base, rince, repeat.

Absolute waste of time.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 05:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zewrath View Post
    Tell your raid this; L2P.
    And what, pray tell, are you going to tell a random group of strangers to learn to do against a massive turtling? Besides call for more people for your zerg? L2Post something constructive.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I'm on defense, I rate it 10/10.

If I'm on offense, 3/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, maybe the flags take a slight bit long to cap, last Tol Barad before the servers went down, we had all three bases locked down with 8 players split between them, all 8 of the horde players zerged one base and we lost.

It's hard for three (or four) of us to fend off 8 horde. Whilst because they have the most players, they're already capping it anyway! I mean.. whaaaat.

Edit : Now I know you'll say "Oh just send some more players over to wherever is being attacked." But no-one seems to listen, and some just stay in the middle. Bah.
    Last edited by BOBL1N; 2010-12-15 at 05:19 AM.

it's just a battle where u need 2 manage with what u have
    pump a few sieges on the towers 2 distract them(make 2 people do that)so the defending people have 2 spread their forces more as they don't want longer game time and those bastards have 1mil hp so takes some dps 2 be taking down quickly
    others attack the bases leaving 3-4 people behind and zerg their main defence and the other bases will report if there is an incoming
    in some way it's kinda a ab fight with a few things added and well people need 2 listen ofcourse wich most of the time won't happen

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head to fix it would be to make it so whoever has the most flags by the time the counter goes down wins. That at least forces the defenders to split up.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
    If I'm on defense, I rate it 10/10.

If I'm on offense, 3/10.
    If I'm on defense, I still rate it low. Turtling and zerging are no fun whether you're winning or losing.

Deleted
    10vs10 is fun

I for one, i like it Very nice, at my server it's pretty much balanced, maybe deffers have a slight advantage, but hey, so do alliance when they have it

Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    it's just a battle where u need 2 manage with what u have
    pump a few sieges on the towers 2 distract them(make 2 people do that)so the defending people have 2 spread their forces more as they don't want longer game time and those bastards have 1mil hp so takes some dps 2 be taking down quickly
    others attack the bases leaving 3-4 people behind and zerg their main defence and the other bases will report if there is an incoming
    in some way it's kinda a ab fight with a few things added and well people need 2 listen ofcourse wich most of the time won't happen
    Unfortunately the allies in control of Tol Barad on my server have learned that all those towers are an extension of time to earn more HKs. They know their is no point in defending them so they let them go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxton View Post
    Unfortunately the allies in control of Tol Barad on my server have learned that all those towers are an extension of time to earn more HKs. They know their is no point in defending them so they let them go down.
    Yeah, we have the same problem.

It would be better if there were flag caps like AB. If you have 5 guys fending off 10 in a stalemate, the team with 10 guys eventually "wins" control of the base despite the fact that the five are better players.

Also, herbs and mining nodes should despawn. Honestly some of the best pvp i've had in TB is for herb nodes.

I like it. Also, it isn't a design flaw, as it is the actual group/server's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Two Words:

Thankyoublizzard- Fuckvehiclebasedobjectives.

I think it's halfway a horrible design and halfway an amazing design.

It's awful because of the way defenders are set up to have a massive advantage.

It's amazing because it's a MASSIVE pvp battle otherwise; no vehicles to get in the way of anything. It makes me quite happy.

That said, I think it'd be better if the attackers would 'permanently' hold a base after they have held it for, say, 3 straight minutes. After 3 minutes, extremely strong faction NPCs would spawn at the base to hold it. They are killable, but it would essentially waste all of the time for the defending team to do so and retake the place. This would actually make the extra time gained from destroying the towers useful, for starters. Defenders could continue to spawn in the center in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That said, I think it'd be better if the attackers would 'permanently' hold a base after they have held it for, say, 3 straight minutes. After 3 minutes, extremely strong faction NPCs would spawn at the base to hold it. They are killable, but it would essentially waste all of the time for the defending team to do so and retake the place. This would actually make the extra time gained from destroying the towers useful, for starters. Defenders could continue to spawn in the center in this case.
    I love this idea! It would make it so much fun! Also, what's the player cap in Tol Barad, anyone know?

we've won it twice, allies only get it cause of tuesday reset and then we take it back