Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The Rani, or Romana.
    Don't know who it is, not truly at least. Still betting on new baddie or Old Victorian Clara.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-08-26 at 09:39 PM.

I feel like Old Victorian Clara (conjecture, not a spoiler, imo) is too out of place. She's literally one iteration of a million-iteration person. What makes that particular one so special? Why would she think the Doctor is her boyfriend from their brief encounter in The Snowmen? You should know what's under the spoiler tag by now, folks, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel like Old Victorian Clara (conjecture, not a spoiler, imo) is too out of place. She's literally one iteration of a million-iteration person. What makes that particular one so special? Why would she think the Doctor is her boyfriend from their brief encounter in The Snowmen? You should know what's under the spoiler tag by now, folks, lol.
    The details I've been told about the finale and stuff on the set makes it seem likely. I decided to put it as a spoiler because the "guess" uses spoilery info to justify itself.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-08-26 at 09:44 PM.

I hope that's not the case because that would be so appallingly weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Can someone explain the relevance of this please:

http://danssmith.tumblr.com/post/955...e-garden-right

All the tumbltards seem to be in the know and collectively orgasaming over it.
    Basically the same reason the Tumbltards started nerdgasming when they "Spotted" that Clara's spaceship (in Asylum of the Daleks) was almost identical to the one we last saw the Doctors daughter in, leading them all to be 100% sure that Clara was the regenerated Doctors Daughter.

Which is to say, they've still, after this many seasons not worked out that sometimes the BBC likes to reuse prop/set/locations and it doesn't ALWAYS mean that the two are connected, sometimes it just means the BBC likes to save some cash moneys .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Basically the same reason the Tumbltards started nerdgasming when they "Spotted" that Clara's spaceship (in Asylum of the Daleks) was almost identical to the one we last saw the Doctors daughter in, leading them all to be 100% sure that Clara was the regenerated Doctors Daughter.

Which is to say, they've still, after this many seasons not worked out that sometimes the BBC likes to reuse prop/set/locations and it doesn't ALWAYS mean that the two are connected, sometimes it just means the BBC likes to save some cash moneys .
    or that time they freaked out about "rose returning" because they reused the same beach that was in bad wolf bay during matts first weeping angels episode :P

they reuse locations alot. most of the time it means nothing.

however :P a certain graveyard :P that might be something.

also if you guys remember during filming of the finale they found those museum podiums and tombstones featuring gallifreyan writing and it said something along the lines of "rest in peace, this time we promise" or something similar to that.

if shes the rani that would explain why there are items with gallifreyan writing on it.

- - - Updated - - -

"Deep Breath was the highest rated season premiere to date in the US on BBC America.

In its 8:15pm premiere, Deep Breath delivered 2.2 million total viewers, rising to 2.58 million with Live+SD Cume. From 8:00-10:00pm, Doctor Who ranked as the #1 program in all of cable among total viewers and A25-54. BBC AMERICA was the #1 network and Doctor Who was the #1 show in all of television on Twitter and Tumblr for the day.

Equally, Canada [via] saw record numbers with 805,000 viewers, the number 1 program of the day on all among the key A25-54 and A18-49 demographic, and the most-watched Space episode this broadcast-year-to-date, reaching nearly 1.4 million viewers overall.

In Australia [via], Deep Breath averaged 1.187 million national viewers becoming the highest rating drama of the day and the eighth highest rating program of the day overall."

WOOP WOOP

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/deep-breath-record-overseas-ratings-65979.htm
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to watching Deep Breath....I really enjoyed it though some bits were a bit off key. I really didn't like Vastra and Jenny this time around ("shall we have them mention again that they're married to show how progressive we writers are?") but Strax was brilliant, as always. Laughed out loud at the "melt him in acid" line. But the bit that really annoyed me was the cameo...it was totally unnecessary, imo Matt Smith's exit was perfect, to bring him back, even for a brief scene, so soon just cheapened it and worse, it made Clara look like a weak character. At the end, it finally looked like she was going to accept the 12th as the doctor, but suddenly flip flop and she needs the 11th to call her from the past and reassure her...but whatever, it was good to see Matt Smith as the 11th again, I sure do miss that raggedy-man.

I'm really looking forward to how the season goes and in particular, what direction they go with the mysterious woman in Heaven.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    it made Clara look like a weak character.
    That was largely the point.
    At the end, it finally looked like she was going to accept the 12th as the doctor, but suddenly flip flop and she needs the 11th to call her from the past and reassure her...but whatever
    She was actually about to leave him, which is why she apologized and then said she doesn't know him anymore after asking if she was home. Essentially she was going to stay home and let him go his own way.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That was largely the point. She was actually about to leave him, which is why she apologized and then said she doesn't know him anymore after asking if she was home. Essentially she was going to stay home and let him go his own way.
    Hmm, I see what you mean, but I meant it more along the lines of that they made her appear weak in this moment, after an entire episode of showing her slowly coming to terms with it, and that it was bad writing done to shoehorn in the cameo to deliver a deus ex moment. That's my opinion of it anyway.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I see what you mean, but I meant it more along the lines of that they made her appear weak in this moment, after an entire episode of showing her slowly coming to terms with it, and that it was bad writing done to shoehorn in the cameo to deliver a deus ex moment. That's my opinion of it anyway.
    Oh I agree to a much lesser extent. I think it was for the legions of new viewers that came with Smith's tenure. Do I think it was needed? No. Did I still like it, well yeah, but that's because I like Smith. It would have been fine if Clara had made that realization herself. It was nice that they gave him a brief moment of connecting with her via that scene though...where he said he didn't need to listen because he said it all. That did serve a great purpose to connect him to his other selves, even though this was 'the big one' as far as regens go.
    BAD WOLF

i think its fine.

matt is the doctor, matt will always be the doctor. capaldi is also the doctor, he will always be the doctor.

it was one of the most literal scenes and something we havent ever really had in who outside of multi doctor stories.

THEY are the doctor, they both are and always will be one and the same.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Time heist...well wasn't expecting that :S
    Last edited by Arlee; 2014-08-27 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    How does that crap keep leaking?
    Last edited by Arlee; 2014-08-27 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Can we not talk about episodes that haven't officially aired please, even just saying stuff like "well wasn't expecting that" provides a bit of a spoiler.
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2014-08-27 at 01:44 PM.

Please keep in mind mentioning anything thing about anything that hasn't been officially released is a spoiler. Even when talking about conjecture that uses unreleased things as part of the reasoning, or even if you just saying a leaked episode/scene/script/etc was awesome/crap/surprising/etc. That's why spoiler tags exist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    How does that crap keep leaking?
    When the 5 first scripts leaked, the 5 first episodes were also leaked (on the same server). The scripts were "released" all at the time, but not the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    When the 5 first scripts leaked, the 5 first episodes were also leaked (on the same server). The scripts were "released" all at the time, but not the episodes.
    I'll be glad when we get past the leaked bits... I never know if the spoiler tag is covering something from last week's episode (in deference to those who haven't seen it) or is a spoiler about future episodes from some weak-willed person who couldn't wait and watched the leaked stuff.
    Last edited by Khime; 2014-08-27 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    weak-willed person who couldn't wait and watched the leaked stuff.
    Damn those people! :S

On another note my birthday today, got a tardis dressing gown from my grandmother (also watches doctor who) i plan on making tardis noises as i enter rooms now :S

That your TARDIS bathrobe doesn't make those sounds on it's own is a serious product fail!

I want the 4th Doctor scarf bathrobe, personally. My TARDIS cookie jar makes the VWORP VWOORP sound when it's opened but it regrettably does not hold infinite amounts of cookies. So that was disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    My TARDIS cookie jar makes the VWORP VWOORP sound when it's opened but it regrettably does not hold infinite amounts of cookies. So that was disappointing.
    I have that cookie jar, but I just wanted it to put on my work desk so that every time I go home I'm leaving with TARDIS noises.
    BAD WOLF