Hints and tips Disc Healing in 4.0.3

Hey all.

I've been Shadow/Disc since early ICC, and have not healed at all in Cataclysm. I was Disc before but I am now VERY rusty. Suprise suprise, my guild is requiring me to use my off spec untill we recruit more healers.

About 30 mins ago, during a raid, I benched myself because I am embarressed about the numbers, and simply because I am not quite sure how to do it anymore

Erm. Any chance you could give me some helpful advice as to how to heal as Disc in raids?

I searched before posting this, but found little to help me, and I wanted an answer based on recent raiding and talents/specs etc.

Here is my armory. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zarus/advanced

Please be aware, a lot of the gear is from my main spec. Spirit allows me to share some pieces obviosuly.

Any help here is greatly appreicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

What healing role are you filling in your raid? Without that info, its difficult to give you a concise answer.

We had a Pally and a Holy Priest as well. Pally was on tanks. I was filling in here necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne View Post
    We had a Pally and a Holy Priest as well. Pally was on tanks. I was filling in here necessary
    I'm assuming this is a 10man raid and from the looks of it you are raid healing. First off, I realize your gear is for shadow, but as I'm sure you are aware, you need all your pieces to have SPI in order to have the sustainability to heal T11 as a disc priest.

Unless you are focusing single targets, talents like Grace & RH aren't very useful. May I suggest taking points from here and putting them into 3/3 Darkness. DP always seemed like a waste of a talent point in PvE to me, but others disagree. Personally, I would take that point of of DP & the extra point from dropping Grace & RH and put it into SoL if you plan on actually using your AA/Atonement talents. There are other ways to move points around, but I would def pick up 3/3 Darkness at the least.

While there are many little intricacies to raid healing as disc, you can't run from the fact that PoH does all your heavy lifting for any raid wide damage. Its a one stop shop. As such, your secondary throughput stat priority should be haste>mastery>crit.

Personally, if I were brought in when the raid needed an extra raid healer, I'd have my second spec as Holy. Way more choices for healing on the move and higher AoE throughput in general.