Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Disc Priest Addons

I'm currently looking for some good healing addons for a Tank/Raid healing Disc Priest. Im looking for pretty much anything that can help with my overall healing experience. any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would recommend running power auras or a similar addon for tracking procs especially rapture for Disc.
    After that it is really up to you. A customized buff mod can be helpful in watching stacks of evangalism/watching for ability procs and more.

For healing addons in particular I would recommend Healbot if you are new to setting up a healing mod. Its very user friendly and lets you modify heal bars, tooltips, and includes keybinds with ability to macro trinkets and CD's.
    For more experienced healers, Grid is a very very good mod. Its a little intensive to set up at first, but it is probably the most versitile mod out there for healers.
    Also World of Logs or Recount for the lesser version--to track your spell usage during raids and help you min/max your playstyle!

Hope this helps : )

Grid and Healbot are popular addons.

I personally use Healbot. It works similarly to Grid, I think.

How it works is it gives you a bar for each person in the raid (you can choose how to arrange the bars; vertically, in groups, by class etc). The bar shows you the person's health and icons showing buffs and/or debuffs they have.

You can click on the bar to cast a spell on the person that bar belongs to. You can hold down the control, alt or shift keys as you click to select different spells.

So, for example, you can have:
    Click = Flash Heal
    Shift+Click = Heal
    Ctrl+Click = Pennance
    Alt+Click = Shield
    Ctrl+Shift+Click = Greater Heal
    Alt+Shift+Click = Renew
    Ctrl+Alt+Click = Binding Heal

You can also do all that with right mouse clicks for another 7 spells.

Having 14 different spells you can cast on someone by left or right clicking while holding down between 0 and 2 control/shift keys could seem quite overwhelming at first, but you get used to it quite quickly.

Also, the bars change colour to indicate various things such as if the player has a disease or a curse that you can remove.
    You can add custom things so that, for example, if someone gets a particular debuff, their bar turns a user-definable colour. This is useful for some boss fights where you must put get extra healing on someone due to a special debuff.

Grid and Healbot can also show other healer's incoming heals to help you avoid overhealing.

The addon doesn't choose your spells for you, but it's extremely good at conveying a lot of information to you.
    Last edited by ContentsMayVary; 2011-01-29 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    Dont forget Decursive

I never managed PowerAuras to track rapture, so I'm using a special add-on, called Rapture - really helpful. My mana gains grew up significantly.

and +1 for Healbot. I like it more than Grid, because it's more visual for me, especially when it comes to dispelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    what ive been using recently is Decursive and well as Quartz (just to track spell casting lag), thanks a ton for all of the suggestions so far, i really appreciate ya!

Vuhdo - Tracks the time on Shield, Amount on Shield, Weakened Soul debuff, and time on DA, on all Targets. (along with other healing/debuffs information)
    ForteExorsist - Track all cooldowns (ratupre, penance, IF, PI, and length of debuffs on self.)

Using mouse over macros to heal with is highly recommended.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

I personally use VuhDo, but Healbot Grid+Clique are also fine raid frames for healing.

As others have mentioned, power auras is fantastic for tracking CDs, though I recommend Ignela's Rapture for tracking rapture.

Other standards include Bartender for hotbars & Elkano's Buff Bars for buffs.

Vuhdo --- Use as raidframes, has built in click system. Faster then healbot with stronger libraries. Less set up time then Grid+Clique.

GCD --- Circular cast bar and cooldown tracker placed around your mouse. Great when using vuhdo as people seem to like to glue their eyes onto the heal bars.

Decursive -- Single click decursing.

Deleted
    Is there any addon for disc priests or all classes that warns your raid and/or target that you cast (for example) Pain Suppression on him???

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxius View Post
    I'm currently looking for some good healing addons for a Tank/Raid healing Disc Priest. Im looking for pretty much anything that can help with my overall healing experience. any help would be greatly appreciated!
    There's plenty of healing addons out there, most of which people have suggested, Healbot is by far the most popular as it doesn't take long to master so you can heal at your best pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Is there any addon for disc priests or all classes that warns your raid and/or target that you cast (for example) Pain Suppression on him???

Thanks!
    Announce is a good addon for that

I use RSM for announces on my cooldown usage.
    I use Power Auras to monitor Power Infusion cooldown and Pentance cooldown.
    I use Grid (explained)
    I use PoM tracker to monitor where my PoM is raid wide, and how many stacks are left on it.
    I use the Rapture add-on, as mentioned above.
    Everything else is just macros and my UI preferences.

Deleted
    What the hell is RSM. Full names please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunally View Post
    What the hell is RSM. Full names please.
    I don't know if he misstyped it or he just uses another addon, but I use RSA, Raeli's Spell Announcer. It works great. Here you got the link:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/rsa.aspx

I used to love vuhdo, but lately I have this issue where it won't let me put in spells because it gives me a spell is ambiguous error, happens even with "flash heal". Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by mrdrsrow View Post
    I used to love vuhdo, but lately I have this issue where it won't let me put in spells because it gives me a spell is ambiguous error, happens even with "flash heal". Any ideas??
    Only time I've had issues with Vuhdo not letting me enter a spell was from macros named after the spell you are trying to use. So make sure you don't have anything like that going on and you shouldn't have any issues.

I totally recommend Vuhdo. I was a huge Healbot fan in WOTLK but came to find it really lacked the ability to customize anything and it was just retardedly slow. I only recommend using it as a beginner... Vudho, I think after trying all other add ons blows everything else completely out of the water. Especially since it lets you tie macros to scroll up and scroll down. Might seem intimidating to set up but just search up a walkthrough video on Youtube and you're golden. Decursive also started getting on my nerves so I got rid of that and just dispell completely inside Vuhdo which actually has made me a 1000 times faster. I'm guaranteed to dispell 2-3 times more then everyone else... which means I'm usually the one assigned to dispell. I also find Vuhdo is incredible as far as quickness goes and makes snipe healing really easy so I get stuck doing that as well.

I also would check out Power Auras... that seems overwhelming at first too but you can totally benefit from it on managing cooldowns. They have the coding already set up for ya on priest blogs so just google with cooldowns you want to play with. I took a few hours to set it up but the effort has paid off.

Quartz is very nice to see your cast times with a way better looking bar then the default.

Rapture is amazing and totally recommended as well to manage your mana regen ability.

RSA as stated earlier is an EXCELLENT way to announce cooldowns and is completely customizable.

I could never think of raiding without these tools and have all the information I need in front of me to do a good job. Nothing ever breaks down either! Its great. Hope this helps... I know its a lot of repeat but helps emphasize certain add ons I'm sure!

is there an idiots guide to setting up a complete grid setup for raid and 5 man healing? I am completely overwelmed by this addon

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pasque View Post
    Only time I've had issues with Vuhdo not letting me enter a spell was from macros named after the spell you are trying to use. So make sure you don't have anything like that going on and you shouldn't have any issues.
    All I do is go to the spell tab, type in 'heal' and it says warning macro name "heal" is a ambiguous to a spell name.. Please rename macro.

I have absolutely no macros named for any of these heal spells. It also does it for flash heal, binding heal, and renew.
    Last edited by mrdrsrow; 2011-02-02 at 04:39 PM.

I have been using Vuhdo for the past several months. While the configuration interface is a bit confusing, overall it works extremely well for healing. I love being able to see not only the time left on my PW:S, but how much strength it has left as well. I also have indicators set up to show POM stacks and Grace as well. I highly recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an extensive thread in regards to healing frames, but I believe it is several pages deep by now. Grid, Vuhdo and Healbot will all do about the same things for you. Grid does not show icons on raid frames and both Vudho and HeLbot do. Vudho responds faster (so I have been told) than Healbot.
    I have used all three and always go back to Healbot just because it is the easiest for me to view quickly and continue to keep my eyes on the raid.
    You can set up dispels on all three raid frames or like someone said download Decursive.
    If you plan on using Power Aura visit Danners post at Tales of a Priest, he has links to his UI and set PowerAura add ons for priests.
    Good Luck and happy healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    There is an extensive thread in regards to healing frames, but I believe it is several pages deep by now. Grid, Vuhdo and Healbot will all do about the same things for you. Grid does not show icons on raid frames and both Vudho and HeLbot do. Vudho responds faster (so I have been told) than Healbot.
    I have used all three and always go back to Healbot just because it is the easiest for me to view quickly and continue to keep my eyes on the raid.
    You can set up dispels on all three raid frames or like someone said download Decursive.
    If you plan on using Power Aura visit Danners post at Tales of a Priest, he has links to his UI and set PowerAura add ons for priests.
    Good Luck and happy healing.
    Grid DOES SHOW icons, debuffs and whatever you want on raid frames. You just need to download a couple of light addons. It requires some time setting it up, ok, it's true. But once you know Grid, you need only 5 minutes and the final result is the best cuz it's 100% customizable. And if you have some alters, you just load the profile.