15+ Year Old Account

Points of Interest [NEED HELP - REVIEW PLEASE!]

Now, in order to make the Thread Elyaan is making be as successful as possible, I'd like to ask people to give feedback on this one so that we can improve the upcoming sticky.
    Just a word from the creator.

Basically, I just thought something like this could be useful
    I hope everybody likes it, and I'll leave it open for comments if you feel like I should add something, if you dislike something, or basically anything regarding this Topic.
    If this topic turns out well, Ill un-sticky a lot of things so that we can have a clean forum/board.

Yours Sincerely,
    ~Bahumut5

Important notice:

We get a lot of reports, and a lot of people seem to think they should not be banned. I hope everybody will take their time to read the rules, so that people understand what they or others did wrong.

Mails with "I was unaware of the rules" will not be tolerated anymore, and will not even be taken into consideration if you request to get unbanned with such a silly reason. The rules are clear.
    Those people that have a High Amount of Common Sense might not need to read the rules, because the rules are very default.

Rules of the Forum
    Read these first!
    By reading these rules, you can avoid being banned. Its highly advised that you read these rules before posting anything. You are here to enjoy the forums, and so are others, so lets do our best to keep it nice and clean!

These rules count for every single forum (some exceptions with the addition of Off-Topic forums).
    Every forum Moderator (Different Moderators for every forum in case you didn't notice) CAN add rules to the forums they Moderate. Make sure you read those rules as well.

MMO-Champion IRC
    Because Dinnerbone said so!
    What most people might not know, is that MMO-Champion has a very active IRC Channel. This channel has some useful tools, like fast updates of Blue Posts, or a uhm... useful tool to challenge someone in the IRC channel with a Rock, Paper, Scissor match!

Join the extra live community now!

Properly reporting

There are lot of reasons to report something, but reporting something in a proper way can be hard. Here are some topics that might help you out.

How can I help the forum?
    By reading this post from Dinnerbone! (cookies included)
    Dinnerbone made a Guide that explains how you can properly use the "Report to Moderator" button. Reading this can, and will help Moderators a lot!

Bad bad Adds
    This is what you should do
    Ever noticed some bad advertisements on MMO-Champion? Boubouille made a nice little Guide about what to do in those cases.

On MMO-Champion, User Moderates the Moderators!
    Well, not really. But if you do have a complaint about a Moderator or some Moderators, we would appreciate it if you could say so in a mail to the following address instead of making topics about this subject.
    Mail to this address

Now as we all know, people hate Moderators. The only time people notice Moderators is when we Ban, lock or delete, and this causes the wrong impression. Even though this is to make the forum more pleasant for the others, some might see this as a direct assault and as a "Power Hungry" act. Due to this, we noticed some "Hate" topics popping up, which tended to end up in a Full Out Flame War. Which is the reason for why we'd rather have mails instead of Flaming Threads.

Read this post for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines
    You might have noticed a lack of Avatars recently. We all know how annoying it can be that your page loads slowly. And then the fact that Avatars that you thought looked Pwetty disappeared. These Guidelines explain how you can avoid these situations.

Resize your Avatar
    Because every now and then, size does matter
    Avatars are restricted to a maximum file size. Here is a nice guide made by Mr_Bojangles on how shrink the size of your Avatar, so you can still use your favorite one.

Your own custom made Signature?
    Yes you can! With the help of these artists
    Every now and then, you come across some of the most impressive artists on the Internet. Well Lady's and Gentleman, these artists are doing requests now! The most impressive Signatures are made in this thread! Ask nicely, and they will create a custom made Signature especially for you.

Useful Topics

Add-ons & UI
    Introduction:
    The Add-on and UI section can be very useful if you are looking for new add-ons, need some advice, saw that awesome screen shot and wondering where they got that add-on. This is the place to be for all Add-on & UI advice and/or questions!

Link to the Add-on & Macro Forums

UI Questions?
    Don't post "LF UI add-on", rather ask it here
    Threads like "Looking for xxx add-on" are very short threads that are deleted after 2/3 posts (because thats when the answer is given). Coldfury made a nice Thread where you can ask anything you want! (as long as it's UI related)

Fix my UI
    Sorry, I can't. But these links might help
    List made by Moderator Olison Schmolison. It contains a nice amount of tutorials that might help you with your UI problems.

Computer Information
    Introduction:
    Want advice for a new computer? Is the low amount of FPS killing you? Are you desperately looking for a place that has Software AND Hardware information. Than this is the place to be! From tweaker's, to security admins, you know this is the place to be if you have any questions regarding your Computer!

Link to the Computer Forums

Ain't taking my keys!
    How to clear your PC from key-loggers
    A nice and very helpful Guide made by Logicaly which helps you to clean your PC from Key-loggers! (Nasty bunch, you don't want them).

Games and... well... even more games!
    Introduction:
    Want to talk about something else than WoW? Its not as satisfying as it used to be and you need a break? You need more killing spree's than WoW can provide?
    Don't get those divorce plans on the table yet! Start looking here!

The Video Games Forum

Profession
    Introduction:
    There you are, just walking down the street. When all of the sudden!
    *BAM*
    Exodar just crashed. But whats that? Suddenly, there are all these kinds of jewels, and the people finally seem to understand that they can craft gold into armaments. But... is it smart? Should you go with the flow and craft jewels, or is it better to get that Alchemy Flask Bonus?
    All your questions about Professions are answered here!

Link to the Profession Forums

Professions... wait... what?
    Profession Overview
    A nice sum-up of Professions made by Shamanic telling you all the upsides and downsides of the certain Professions.
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-02-04 at 12:00 PM.
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Points of Interest

Update: 5th March 2010.
    Dawwwwwww

I thought the point was to "clean up" the forums.
    Your post, although quite creative in its format, is just as messy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wakez
    I thought the point was to "clean up" the forums.
    Your post, although quite creative in its format, is just as messy.
    Which is why we still have the other stickies on the forum
    There are plans for improvements in the upcoming site upgrade though. Also, this mostly just a test to see if such a topic would work.
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-02-04 at 11:11 AM.
    Dawwwwwww

It's not very clear to understand this theme....

Thanks. Although, I must agree, this is somewhat...cluttered.

You should consider not writing "Introduction:"

It becomes apparent that the introduction is after the title/sub title.
    So one can only presume that the words after the title/sub title would be the introduction.

That's how I would make it easier to read.

Also when accounts are banned, It would be in your best interest to actually e-mail the person who got banned and give them an explanation of why they got their account banned.

It just seems unprofessional to not e-mail the person who got banned with a reason or explanation, of course they should not of done what they may have done. But how are they to know what they done if you have not e-mailed them and told them?

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/Jaqerainey/raineynezmoth1.jpg

While I personally think this is a fantastic idea, I'm not sure it will motivate those who choose to ignore the stickies to actually read them. And it is fairly obvious how many people just flat out ignore any and all stickies which is sad in it's own right. Best example of this is the class forums.. There are so many threads a day that are very simply answered in the respective stickies that if I were a Mod I would feel as if the work I put into them is wasted. :-\

Edit: Reworded a blech-y sentence.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

You can eat AND drink at the same time...oh..forum points of interest, never mind I withdraw my statement

8)

Bahumut5, I think you don't have any information in there about the Role Playing Forum :c!
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    Which is why we still have the other stikies on the forum
    There are plans for improvements in the upcoming site upgrade though. Also, this mostly just a test to see if such a topic would work.
    SPOILER ALERT.

How is a raven like a writing desk?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    Bahumut5, I think you don't have any information in there about the Role Playing Forum :c!
    He doesn't need to. We almost have the same rules. Of course, there should be a warning there telling people that beyond those flood gates, lays Hell itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bahumut5, you lie, the rock, paper, scissor game is deactivated on mmo-champion, its still active on another, secret, channel tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolord View Post
    I agree!
    ^^ filler.

15+ Year Old Account
    Update: February the 4th.
    We are currently looking for ways to improve the General Forums with a similar sticky like this. This sticky has been updated with new links and I've removed some stuff that no longer mattered.
    Eventually, this sticky will be removed and replaced by one that Elyaan is creating right now.

Now, in order to make the Thread Elyaan is making be as successful as possible, I'd like to ask people to give feedback on this one so that we can improve the upcoming sticky.
    Dawwwwwww

People seem far too lazy. Might aswell just post up the new one...