Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    (Goblins do require less haste rating to reach this first softcap).
    Why not including the actual number?
    Gobelins need 788 haste rating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    Why not including the actual number?
    Gobelins need 788 haste rating
    Aye, a lot of new shamans are goblin these days - if you could include Haste breakpoints for both goblins and non-goblins (up to the 9th Riptide tick!) it would be helpful for those not knowing what rating they should go for.

I'll update haste softcaps for racial specifications in a few days when I get back home.

i've got a question about the glyphs.
    I'm using earth shield, earthliving weapon and riptide.

Riptide is a no-brainer. earthliving weapon is kinda clear too, especially during raidhealing.
    But I'm wondering if glyph of lightning (yes, the 4% extra damage one) might be better for a telluric currents build.
    I'm currently trying out this build going for as much healing rain as possible and earth shielding one of the tanks as a bonus. So basicly, the shield is to make the other healer's life a bit easier.

I understand that it's only 4% more damage and 10k lightning bolt get's 4160 instead of 4000 mana back but seeing the amount of time some fights have to dps and the mana healing rain costs, it seems like a smart choice. But not not glyphing earth shield seems like a wrong move, especially in 10 mans. Any advice?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you already figured it out for yourself. I wouldn't glyph lightning bolt personally - can't see it being worth it. I don't think the mana gained in any way could replace the healing lost.
    Reddfoxx the Warrior | @ReddfoxxMX | SWTOR Sentinel Reddfoxx, Marauder Reddfox @ The Harbinger Server

Don't glyph for LB. If you absolutely wanted more mana, drop glyph of ES for glyph of WS. I don't want to say that if you glyph LB that you'll gimp your healing, because you won't. It's the same situation as WS. However, you won't always find those situations to toss LB's to make the 4% worth it.

All in all, keep the glyphs you have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great guide. Only thing I feel is missing is a breakdown on gear by slot. I'm currently trying to gear my shaman up in heroics A detailed breakdown on trinkets would also be awesome.

Everyone says Riptide is a no brainer, but I so rarely see it go full duration without other healers bringing riptide targets up to full before the full duration goes out that the glyphed ticks are almost always overheal for me. As my earlier post, does anyone have any data that says otherwise? I don't know how to pick out this data and point a finger at it; this is just through observation.
    Obviously you're not a golfer...

Quote Originally Posted by kaldyr View Post
    Everyone says Riptide is a no brainer, but I so rarely see it go full duration without other healers bringing riptide targets up to full before the full duration goes out that the glyphed ticks are almost always overheal for me. As my earlier post, does anyone have any data that says otherwise? I don't know how to pick out this data and point a finger at it; this is just through observation.
    Eh. Riptide over water shield if you have no mana problems. ELW is probably better than RT especially in 4.1. With the 4pc you should never have RT chilling off CD anyway so you should always have it up on 3 targets.

Note: Updated Stats section (specifically regarding Haste) to specifically show haste breakpoints (soft caps). Goblins require less haste than other races. I noted this specifically and gave them their own haste breakpoints as well.

Also:
    @ Smartie--
    As I stated in the gearing section, I was a little bit lazy with it. Doing a gearing section takes a ton of time. I mostly made my decision to do it the way I did was due to the fact that a lot of people are into raids and heroics now. However, Instant did a great job in the older guide (Found Here -- Clicky). You'll have to scroll down to the end. He gives his opinion and it's all pretty well and good. It may be a tiny bit out of date, but that would only be in regards to MTT.
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-03-19 at 03:07 AM.

I'm having a few issues during Nefarian fights on 10 mans guys....Im healing Ony's tank and almost always getting OOM during the job =(

Whats your guys spell rotation for this ? Because dmg on tank are so fast and we have to keep people up after eletrocutes also !

Any advice ??

My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azhaela/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
    I'm having a few issues during Nefarian fights on 10 mans guys....Im healing Ony's tank and almost always getting OOM during the job =(

Whats your guys spell rotation for this ? Because dmg on tank are so fast and we have to keep people up after eletrocutes also !

Any advice ??

My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azhaela/simple
    HW as much as you can and use GHW when they get around 60% or lower.

How we do it is we have one healer on Nef tank, one on Ony tank, and one floating. The floating healer is mostly responsible for healing the raid after electrocutes.

You will run low on mana there isn't really any way around it. Luckily P2 isn't as bad and neither is p3 on your mana. Try to use your tide early on in p1 so you have it up again when you jump down from the platforms. You'll then have it up yet again towards the end of the fight.

edit: Drop glyph of healing wave and get glyph of stoneclaw totem. You will take MUCH less damage from electrocutes. You can also move the 2 points you have in cleansing waters into ancestral resolve. That's yet another 10% less damage you take.
    Last edited by Hypernetic; 2011-03-21 at 04:09 AM.

Rodrigo

As a Shaman Healer I have found the Tsunami deck to be the best possible trinket for any occasion, if you can get your hands on one it will be a big improvement on regen. I have found straight Spirit trinkets to be Lackluster...JOAR and the like kill your healing strength and to an extent regen if you have someone providing replenishment. I in addition to this use a TC build and rotate a few LB's in now and then but if you watch your mana and dont freak out and overheal you should be fine without it. If you find the tank hovering low and needing to heal him up just before that Electrocute you may want to reforge toward more haste and mastery. Crit can be nice but it has RNG whereas the other two you can count on every time. I am in a different situation as I heal the Kiter (Frost Dk) and not a dragon tank but both take a pretty good pounding. I'm not sure about your healing set up as a raid either. If there is a priest or druid on the kiter and raid you may ask them to throw a HOT or a Bubble on your tank now and then. And if your strictly tank healing that fight you may want to drop your ELW weapon glyph for WS if your still having mana issues. Just play with your stats and keep at it you'll find a mix that works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the above:

Tsunami is a GREAT trinket for resto!
    Jar is, and will always be, a trinket giving you nothing but Regen. (It's a horrible trinket if none of you (you+other healers) go OOM)

I haven't bought Tsunami though.. main reason being I got the heroic Jar.. and I do need the extra mana it provides. If Mana Tide worked like it used to pre-cata I'd go with FoM + Vibrant Alchemist stone instead.. but alas.

But aye - if you can't get your hands on heroic trinkets, Tsunami gives a great bang for the buck!
    Last edited by Revelations; 2011-03-21 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks all for all the replys...IF u take a look at my armory now u'll see a few changes. After some research at lifingroup5 blog I reforged some Mastery and did some reggeming too...

I'll think about get the Stoneclaw Glyph and re-spec to Ancestral Resolv also !

TSUNAMI card is my dream, but very expensive on my server (Around 20k)...I'm really not sure about spend all this money (basic its ALL my money) in a trinket that COULD be replace very soon with 4.2 aproaching...

About TC build...I really dont feel myself confortable with it...not sure If I could handle this kind of build hehe I'll prob give a try soon and see if Its really work hehe But it's really DO NOT make my style to be honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    I agree with the above:

Tsunami is a GREAT trinket for resto!
    Jar is, and will always be, a trinket giving you nothing but Regen. (It's a horrible trinket if none of you (you+other healers) go OOM)
    I run with those two. Mana always seems to be somewhat of an issue for all our healers, despite bringing TWO resto shamies. So a very BIG mana tide from me is always welcome. With high-end gear, you don't notice the loss of int so badly, I feel (I had the alchemist's stone before I got JoAR). And I'm gemmed and set up for mana battery as it is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
    About TC build...I really dont feel myself confortable with it...not sure If I could handle this kind of build hehe I'll prob give a try soon and see if Its really work hehe But it's really DO NOT make my style to be honest
    I'm not too fond of that build myself, but I have it as one of my specs. For some encounters, I'd almost call it mandatory now that I've tried it for some. Unless you need instant ghost wolf (e.g. it's golden for Atramedes and Conclave, and helpful for Ascendant Council and Valiona, ), it's worth a shot. When bosses have vulnerable phases, there we go! Or Chimaeron last phase... excellent for providing a bit more raid dps. Also, there's always a bit of time to throw an LB or two there.

I even played Nef with my TC spec. Not because of TC (I think I only threw one LB at Ony shortly before phase transition ^^) but because I could afford the points for Ancestral Resolve by not speccing into magic dispells for this spec.

I couldn't imagine playing a hitcapped TC spec all the time, so I need my two heal specs. I also use my non-TC spec for PvP... not ideal but very much usable what with ghost wolf and heal-on-dispell
    Last edited by Seriss; 2011-03-22 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I couldn't imagine playing a hitcapped TC spec all the time, so I need my two heal specs. I also use my non-TC spec for PvP... not ideal but very much usable what with ghost wolf and heal-on-dispell
    I cant imagine not beeing hitcapped - not because of LB hit but most for interupts - happy they are about to change that but till that try to waste dps on some encounters in ten man HC when it can be done by you solo and you will see the difference (currently done 7/13 HCs)

as for the TC build - I also cant heal without it - been trying and it realy doesnt work for me - when I heal I want to see the heath bar actualy move which I dont if I cast HW - only time I use HW is on chima from obvious reasons but else .... Sadly I see many logs with shamans who use a lot of ChH (ten man) but I somehow rather use GHW - got the feeling in times I use ChH the ppl are not going up fast enough so even in aoe parts of the fight (Feud, Frost super abbility, Electrocute etc.) I go with GHW.

PS: maybe thats why I find mastery to be the best secondary stat - been going with crit and then with haste builds but got the best feeling results with mastery (even thou both haste and crit are better for LB obviously - but so far was fine with my mana pool this way)

Ok, my 2 cent's about TC:

I'm running the 2/7/32 TC spec since Tuesday, and must say I'm loving it ! The regen is very good and all bosses have some 'easy' phase to spam bolts

90% of the fights I'm topping metters with a good distance from second place (and no, I'm not #1 overhealing ^^)

I highly recomend everybody to try it at least 1 time, if u didnt so far =) Worth it !

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I take an Ele sub-spec with the 3% crit and 10% reduced mana cost, then 1 or 2 points in the spirit to hit talent, depending on my spirit at the moment. I find the regen to be awesome, especially if macroed with Berserking. The greatest downfall is the loss of instant ghost wolf, but a skilled raider should have no (or very very infrequent) need for instant ghost wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyhealz View Post
    Personally, I take an Ele sub-spec with the 3% crit and 10% reduced mana cost, then 1 or 2 points in the spirit to hit talent, depending on my spirit at the moment. I find the regen to be awesome, especially if macroed with Berserking. The greatest downfall is the loss of instant ghost wolf, but a skilled raider should have no (or very very infrequent) need for instant ghost wolf
    2/3 concussion is better.