Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    15 a month for unlimited gameplay, you can play it as often as can/feel like. That's cheap. One night out to dinner costs that or more. A non-sub game is going to run you 30+, that wont be near as time sinky. Best part about WoW is that you can suck your friends into it and make it just as social as going out to eat. Obviously you should do things outside as well, but honestly, WoW, for being able to play it any time and as often as you could ever want, is a good deal.

The real regret lies in the areas of paying for it when you don't play, or having no self control and becoming a basement dweller over it.

I bet that if you take that same amount of cash, go back in time, never purchase WoW, you'd have blown it in 1-6 months. Let alone over a year or more.

If you had fun, it served its purpose.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2011-03-18 at 07:13 AM.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Yeah wow is a great game, I convinced myself I would switch to rift, but now im playing both. Still cant put wow down.

Deleted
    Cheapest addiction you'll ever have I know people who smoke £40+ a day on ciggies.

Deleted
    To me, WoW is so much more than a choice of entertainment and a game. Since it is very populated and social I have got to know many amazing people. One can't put a price on that. It's like breaking up with someone you've dated for 2 years and start to count the cost of all the gas money, gifts, etc. I mean, although it might be a bad break-up and you somehow in that fury feel like you've wasted time and money I doubt it's all in waste tbh.

If anything I'd see this scenario as something to QQ about: When it comes to WoW I know many people losing contact with IRL friends due to prefering to game. -That- I agree would be great loss, and something to regret later on.

yea what a waste of money who would even think to spend any amount of money on a simple hobby, ot good for you i hope you found whateverthefuck it is that fills that time you would have now otherwise wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it..

$15-$20 per month is ALOT cheaper than $30+ every weekend getting wasted at some grubby bar then spending the next day regretting it, only to do it again the following week.

Or even spending much more on a regular basis into another hobby.

You would still turn around in the end and say you could've done more with that money, regardless of where it went. It's human nature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Alright bro, I challenge you to give me examples of something you would've obtained as many hours of joy and entertainment from as you did with WoW for that money. Do you know what they say about time? Time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted.
    Roflol..joy? Maybe..but entertainment? /facepalm and silent cry

Well, I've spent a similar amount of my ex GF, and if anything, that was a waste. I'd rather be using that on WoW even though I hardly play anymore. At least you'll have your battle.net account forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we be honest here? I went to dinner with my girlfriend for our 2 1/2 year anniversary at the Jean-Georges Nougatine in the Trump Hotel and spent more in 1 night then you did in 3 years. That is not much money to be whining about lol

thats not bad actualy...before i started playing WoW, i played alot of console games and spent way to much on them quite literaly £100 a month upto £400 a month at the xmass period, after starting WoW though my spending on games went right down to zero some months and i was only buying game time for wow and the realy big titles for consoles.

You think you wasted a lot of money on a game. Try calculating how many times you have drove somewhere and knew it was totaly pointless. Tell me what the total gas bill is there. Now calculate how many more times you will to that since you don't have wow to occupy you....