Page 1 of 3
LastLast

State of Mind- Replacement Ideas

With the upcoming 4.1 change to Chakra, making it last until canceled, I thought it might be fun to see what ideas we could come up with to replace the current and soon to be useless, State of Mind talent points.

Here's a couple of my ideas, and feel free to add yours if you have some as well.

1) Reduces the cooldown of Divine Hymn by 3/5 minutes. (similar to the new Tranquility CD change)

2) Increases the healing done by your Holy Word: Sanctuary by 25/50% and reducing the mana cost by 15/30%. (similar to soothing rain talent)

Have fun!

soon to be useless
    Little late on the boat for that one.

How about:
    Causes your Heal, Smite, Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending to increase the duration of your current Chakra by 3/6 seconds.

Oh, wait...

Buffing the healing done for Sanctuary is a bad call, it really is. Dropping the mana cost is cool but on a knife's edge (finding a happy medium between "expensive bonus" and "I should have this down all the time". It's not supposed to be efficient.) Reducing the cooldown of Divine Hymn, while theoretically awesome, would probably have the spell nerfed hardcore... even though it already is (They gave it to Druids, because Druids don't have other cooldowns).

State of Mind, 1 rank
    Reduces the cooldown of your Desperate Prayer by 30% and it can be used while stunned. Your Lightwell now adapts to your different Chakra states:
    Serenity: It no longer breaks on damage taken
    Sanctuary: People healed by your Lightwell also pulse 20% of the ticks' value to targets within 8 yards.
    Chastise: 10% of the damage taken by the target is given to the Priest, like a weaker Hand of Sacrifice.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-03-23 at 05:46 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    State of Mind, 1 rank
    Reduces the cooldown of your Desperate Prayer by 30% and it can be used while stunned. Your Lightwell now adapts to your different Chakra states:
    Serenity: It no longer breaks on damage taken
    Sanctuary: People healed by your Lightwell also pulse 20% of the ticks' value to targets within 8 yards.
    Chastise: 10% of the damage taken by the target is given to the Priest, like a weaker Hand of Sacrifice.
    Maybe talenting into State of Mind could make Lightwell like the one seen in...

IDK about the DP while stunned deal. GS is already your ass save while being trained within a stun duration, and if your smart you should be in range of your lightwell.

I like the concept of LW changing based on Chakra state, but I don't think it can be "on the fly," as it were, technically. If it did three different things, you'd need three different animations and the "state" it is placed in would more than likely be the "state" it would stay in for the full 3min.

I like where your going with the Serenity bonus, but I thought of this as another idea: Serenity bonus should instead change the LW HoT to a DH that also applies a 10% healing received buff for 5sec., but only allow one click every 15sec or so by a single player. In essence, once anyone clicks the LW, it cannot be clicked again by anyone for 15sec. "Temporarily Depleted/Recharging animation" needed.

Sanctuary bonus is op [though I like the concept, it would mean a substantial re-balance of the holy tree], even if the 20% were to be reduced to 5%. I'd give the HoT a straight up bonus, either X% stronger or Xsec longer.

Chastise: Activating LW in Chastise state causes it to take 50% less damage, attackers become dazzled by staring into the light, becoming disoriented for 3sec, and it becomes an irresistible allure to the priests' enemies, temporarily transferring all threat from the priest to the LW while it is active.

I like the ideas.. But if the LW were to act as a weak Hand of Sacrifice, lets just say 5 people click on say... Magmaw right before an aoe and it hits the priest, you're probably dead.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    increased duration of body + soul and reduced lifegrip CD? make it follow on from B+S instead of chakra and call it improved B+S? :/

or move it over and call it improved revelations and increase the crit granted by HW:serenity by 5/10% and improve sanctuary some how. and also make chastice usable in any chakra state (and interupt boss spell casting)

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Maybe talenting into State of Mind could make Lightwell like the one seen in...

IDK about the DP while stunned deal. GS is already your ass save while being trained within a stun duration, and if your smart you should be in range of your lightwell.
    Fair enough. The point I was making though was giving Holy a more accessible Desperate Prayer, which would need to be deep enough in the tree to not imbalance Discipline.

I like the concept of LW changing based on Chakra state, but I don't think it can be "on the fly," as it were, technically. If it did three different things, you'd need three different animations and the "state" it is placed in would more than likely be the "state" it would stay in for the full 3min.

I like where your going with the Serenity bonus, but I thought of this as another idea: Serenity bonus should instead change the LW HoT to a DH that also applies a 10% healing received buff for 5sec., but only allow one click every 15sec or so by a single player. In essence, once anyone clicks the LW, it cannot be clicked again by anyone for 15sec. "Temporarily Depleted/Recharging animation" needed.
    I agree that that's probably how it would work, and I like your idea for Serenity.

Sanctuary bonus is op [though I like the concept, it would mean a substantial re-balance of the holy tree], even if the 20% were to be reduced to 5%. I'd give the HoT a straight up bonus, either X% stronger or Xsec longer.
    Fair enough. I just really liked Trauma and the Dragon Scale, and I'd like to bring them along for the ride some how.

Chastise: Activating LW in Chastise state causes it to take 50% less damage, attackers become dazzled by staring into the light, becoming disoriented for 3sec, and it becomes an irresistible allure to the priests' enemies, temporarily transferring all threat from the priest to the LW while it is active.
    Completely useless in PvE, but it's a hard counter to Army of the Dead, the Elemental totems, Treants, and people who don't macro their pets. Not to mention making it actually last its duration could be cool. My idea was more trying to find a reason to prop it up in both PvE and PvP, even if you're only in Chastise for a short time (a reason to hard switch before a phase change, as an example)

There needs to be a way to start an arena match in Chastise though. Holy Nova added as an added trigger, maybe?

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I like the ideas.. But if the LW were to act as a weak Hand of Sacrifice, lets just say 5 people click on say... Magmaw right before an aoe and it hits the priest, you're probably dead.
    Give it the "cancel on too much damage" clause, or tie it into the "cooldown" thing that Spiritus had.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-03-23 at 08:51 PM.

state of mind: your guardian spirit has a 1/2% change to refresh its duration every time the target takes damage.

Deleted
    could we have it as a one point talent doing exactly what the old glyph of guardian spirit used to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    could we have it as a one point talent doing exactly what the old glyph of guardian spirit used to do?
    These are some great ideas. Let's see, how was that worded? If not used, didn't it lower the cooldown to 30 seconds or did it just reduce it by a minute or something? I can't remember but I remember it was a very nice glyph during TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    That won't work since Guardian spirit is higher up the tree than State of mind. The talent needs to do something chakra related I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Completely useless in PvE, but it's a hard counter to Army of the Dead, the Elemental totems, Treants, and people who don't macro their pets. Not to mention making it actually last its duration could be cool. My idea was more trying to find a reason to prop it up in both PvE and PvP, even if you're only in Chastise for a short time (a reason to hard switch before a phase change, as an example)
    Yeah, I admit that when I wrote the "Chastise" one all I could think of was the other day when I was in a BG running around like a locomotive of the pet train. Must've had 2 hunter pets, 2 dk pets, a pack of treants, a water elemental, and a felguard on me. It was really out of control and I think there needs to either be some hard counter for pet stacking or at least require the pet to remain at least within 100yds of its owner or in LoS. Again, it isn't one pet by one person focusing someone down, or one person sending a pet to one target to distract or CC. Its when 7 people all "auto" send their pets on the healer with all the pet talents set to auto fire with no real way of shaking them, and with no effort needed on behalf of the pet owner [yeah fade sometimes works and I can blow my PS on em, but really? use my major instant CC tool to clear pets that are just going to run right back for me at the end of the fear no matter what distance I put between them and myself?].

Also it isn't completely useless in PvE. I could see it used to position adds that are out of taunt range of the OT.

But, yeah, not my best idea.

personally i think holy is zomg fine. in not really in need of new toys. so i purpose state of mind just get a buff to reduce chakra's CD to 10 or 15 secs.

making it much easier for switching states in pvp. which will entice me to take the revelation talent. which i currently don't because it REALLY sucks not having the right holy word when you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post
    These are some great ideas. Let's see, how was that worded? If not used, didn't it lower the cooldown to 30 seconds or did it just reduce it by a minute or something? I can't remember but I remember it was a very nice glyph during TBC.
    What?

Guardian Spirit and glyphs didn't exist until 3.0, when TBC was over and we were stepping into Wrath.

For the record, what it did was "If your Guardian Spirit expires without triggering its effect, the cooldown is reset to 1 minute". Unfortunately, as awesomely hot as it is, it's as equally OP in the current environment. As much as we'd all be playing with ourselves over the thought of getting it back, it's just not going to happen.

And as Tyleiran said, Guardian Spirit being the end point in the tree, a talent dedicated just to that isn't likely.

Deleted
    I'd like to see some Divine Hymn CD reduction. Maybe 90secs/180secs. It's not that a powerful spell to only let us use it once per encounter (normally).

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything will do to replace State of Mind. How about: "1/1: A random glowing animal now follows the priest wherever he/she goes. This animal does nothing." See, that's still more useful than State of Mind.
    Reducing the cooldown on Hymn of Hope isn't something I can see happening. Druids got a lower Tranquility because they needed a way to get people up fast. Holy doesn't need this.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    personally i think holy is zomg fine. in not really in need of new toys. so i purpose state of mind just get a buff to reduce chakra's CD to 10 or 15 secs.

making it much easier for switching states in pvp. which will entice me to take the revelation talent. which i currently don't because it REALLY sucks not having the right holy word when you need it.
    You only need 2 Holy Words in PvP: Chastise and Serenity. So here's what you do: you DO take Revelations and be in Serenity for the largest duration of the fight. You let the Chakra buff go as low as you can before refreshing it. Now, if you need to Chastise quickly you either press the Chakra button and Chastice, or you the awesome macro that cancels Chakra and casts Chastice.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    You only need 2 Holy Words in PvP: Chastise and Serenity. So here's what you do: you DO take Revelations and be in Serenity for the largest duration of the fight. You let the Chakra buff go as low as you can before refreshing it. Now, if you need to Chastise quickly you either press the Chakra button and Chastice, or you the awesome macro that cancels Chakra and casts Chastice.
    As of next patch, a big part of this isn't even necessary because you don't have to worry about the duration or timing refreshes at all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Anything will do to replace State of Mind. How about: "1/1: A random glowing animal now follows the priest wherever he/she goes. This animal does nothing." See, that's still more useful than State of Mind.
    best yet by far

Using holy word: chastise on your lightwell causes the lightwell to detonate, killing all gnomes within 30 yards.

Great change imo

I think a great state of mind replacement would be to make Hymn of Hope act more like resto shammies Mana Tide Totem. Now here me out on this before you go crazy. Blizzard has gone all bring the player not the class, yet in some ten man guilds it is hard to get a resto shaman. I think mana tide is a big buff to go without on the healing side. So I think state of mind should be changed to say something along the lines of "Hymn of Hope now increases party and raid members spirit within 40 yards of the caster, gaining 400% of the caster's Spirit, lasts 12 secs, 3 min CD." This would act more as an aura than as a channeled spell. What do you all think?
    I like fat chickens and I don't know why; Charbroiled on a spit, or fried; When a Boom walks in with a big fat waist; Stripped down and ready to baste; You get HUNGry; Hope the meat ain't tough; Cause you noticed that the bird is stuffed; Deep in the pan he's stewin; I'm hooked and I can't stop droolin; Oh Baby, I wanna get with ya; And fix you fo dinna; Weight Watchers is just starvin; But that butt you got; Was made for carvin...!