Thread: Brain Teaser

Brain Teaser

Blizzard decided to establish a Ring of Honor for each server. Using an indecipherable formula based on unverifiable data about unimportant achievements, Blizzard chose the top nine players on the Twhiny Never server. A plaque was placed in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, honoring the chosen, including a Hunter. The players were presented on the plaque in 3 rows of 3. Given the clues below, can you meet the Boredalt challenge of determining the layout of the studs on the plaque: which class each plays, his race, name, and the guild for which he plays (each is in a different guild, with one player in the <Bullies>)?

1. The <Poetic Wussiness> player isn't the paladin honoree or the rogue. 2. The plaque has the <Latin Conceit> player between those of Whinythepewpew and the shaman in one row. 3. The Gnome and Draenei, neither of whom plays for <Military Reference>, have never reported another player, while Blizzfink does it every day. 4. The <Rebellious> player is presented to the immediate right of the Troll Scarygmgirl on the plaque. 5. Honoree Issheashe is to the immediate right of Mrobvious. 6. The Orc’s picture is directly above that of the <Jocular> star on the plaque. 7. Neither the Tauren nor the Draenei plays a shaman. 8. The <Arrogance> player's picture is directly above that of Epeenflex. 9. The Undead player is a Mage. 10. Honoree Emocider's picture is between those of the Draenei and the paladin in one row. 11. Whinythepewpew is not a priest. 12. The picture of the honored rogue, who isn't Draenei, is directly above that of honoree Blizzfink, who doesn't play for <Latin Conceit>. 13. In one row, the <Supreme> player's picture is to the right of that of the warlock, who isn't honoree Imauserirl. 14. The Dwarf doesn't play for either <Military Reference> or <Rebellious>. 15. The Human's picture is in the same row as that of the warrior honoree, who isn't a member of <Jocular>. 16. In one row, the Gnome's picture is between those of the priest and the <Poetic Wussiness> player. 17. The Night Elf's and the <Self-Deprecation> player's pictures are in the same row. 18. In one column, Honoree Slashtwostfu's picture is directly above the Tauren's picture, which is directly above the <Military Reference> player's picture. 19. Mrobvious isn't a druid. 20. Blizzfink plays neither priest nor paladin.

Is anyone else concerned that this is more mindfuck than braintease? Like seriously, my brain hurts from this.

It's not incredibly difficult, i'm working through it. But its annoying because there is no grid so you have to make all your own resources.

The block of text was hurting my head so I stopped reading after the first paragraph ><

the gnome, in the library, with the candlestick!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The block of text was hurting my head so I stopped reading after the first paragraph ><
    Same I would like to continue but the enter button is your friend!

Edit: Copy and paste in word and then adding some lines myself could help but too much work for me.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasscus View Post
    1. The <Poetic Wussiness> player isn't the paladin honoree or the rogue.

2. The plaque has the <Latin Conceit> player between those of Whinythepewpew and the shaman in one row.

3. The Gnome and Draenei, neither of whom plays for <Military Reference>, have never reported another player, while Blizzfink does it every day.

4. The <Rebellious> player is presented to the immediate right of the Troll Scarygmgirl on the plaque.

5. Honoree Issheashe is to the immediate right of Mrobvious.

6. The Orc’s picture is directly above that of the <Jocular> star on the plaque.

7. Neither the Tauren nor the Draenei plays a shaman.

8. The <Arrogance> player's picture is directly above that of Epeenflex.

9. The Undead player is a Mage.

10. Honoree Emocider's picture is between those of the Draenei and the paladin in one row.

11. Whinythepewpew is not a priest.

12. The picture of the honored rogue, who isn't Draenei, is directly above that of honoree Blizzfink, who doesn't play for <Latin Conceit>.

13. In one row, the <Supreme> player's picture is to the right of that of the warlock, who isn't honoree Imauserirl.

14. The Dwarf doesn't play for either <Military Reference> or <Rebellious>.

15. The Human's picture is in the same row as that of the warrior honoree, who isn't a member of <Jocular>.

16. In one row, the Gnome's picture is between those of the priest and the <Poetic Wussiness> player.

17. The Night Elf's and the <Self-Deprecation> player's pictures are in the same row.

18. In one column, Honoree Slashtwostfu's picture is directly above the Tauren's picture, which is directly above the <Military Reference> player's picture.

19. Mrobvious isn't a druid.

20. Blizzfink plays neither priest nor paladin.
    All of that aside, I believe there might be a few missing details. This is just the whole "so-many-people are sitting at a table, who is sitting where?" problem but with a team or guild name, I can't tell which, added it. That second variable makes this almost impossible without more facts.

Also, in fact 12, Draenei can't be rogues in the first place. And there are 10 classes, not 9, so it makes it even more unclear of who is what.
    Last edited by Slideshow; 2011-03-30 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slideshow View Post
    Also, in fact 12, Draenei can't be rogues in the first place. And there are 10 classes, not 9, so it makes it even more unclear of who is what.
    Thanks that helped a lot with the different lines. I am assuming that this discounts DK's as a class.

Moved to Fun Stuff.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Thanks that helped a lot with the different lines. I am assuming that this discounts DK's as a class.
    What's a DK?

in line 12, it says the rogue isnt a Dranei.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    What's a DK?
    Someone that lives in Denmark duh.

OT: Looks interesting, I'm gonna try this out

This is the same as that Einstein one isnt it? With the houses and the countries. I worked that out, Ill write this down, give me something to do tomorrow in school.

Deleted
    42 ! Colonel Mustard with candlestick! Blue. No yel--Aaaaaaaarrrgh!

be a lot less frustrating if you spaced out the clues