10+ Year Old Account

Opinions on an RP idea.

Ok, I was thinking of starting an RP (Open or closed, not sure, probably open.) That revolves around the two sides of the Grey family fighting over the Forge of Souls. The Forsaken side under Causis the Tainted's command will assemble in Icecrown with any Horde adventurers who are interested. The Alliance will be under Arinite of the Grey and assemble in Dalaran. Causis at the behest of his Banshee Queen has been asked to round up willing volunteers to investigate and study the forge, bringing with him Forsaken alchemists and researchers as well as warriors and other Grey family members. They search for some "solution" in the forge, perhaps a malicious attempt to become more destructive? Arinite has overheard reports of Forsaken movement in Icecrown from Argent Crusaders. (Will work on that.) Under this newly found suspicion, Arinite rallies the Alliance Grey family and mercenaries to look into this. Worried that the Forsaken could find something more devastating the plague or the valk'yr.

Arinite and Causis will be NPCs in this RP. Horde members will investigate the Forge of Souls and defend it as well, from both Scourge and Allies. The Alliance will eventually come to the forge and attempt to root out the Forsaken. ***You do not need to be a member of the Greys to join this RP.***

So, these are my thoughts so far, I know its not much. However, if there's anything you'd like to add, share or comment on please do so. This is my first time proposing an RP and working off models from Elyaan and Chonar; not suggesting my lack of filling is from them .

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, however if it's still guarded by the Argent crusade this can be more of a stealthy mission. However, I assume the Scourge still roam the halls because Bolvar gets lonely. So, players would probably fight the Scourge first, then opposing faction and then both. It will be a fruitful melee!

Well I'd like to see it. Not sure if I could personally bring a character along if it's stealthy... but I mean really I'd have to see a bit more detail in terms of what in general (not specific as to not ruin the plot) the mission would be like, what characters would be preferred, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Well I'd like to see it. Not sure if I could personally bring a character along if it's stealthy... but I mean really I'd have to see a bit more detail in terms of what in general (not specific as to not ruin the plot) the mission would be like, what characters would be preferred, etc etc.
    Same with me. I have three characters that could be potential choices. (One that could join either side depending on which version of him I bring) A few more details and I'll be able to decide : )

10+ Year Old Account
    The mission details are as follows: Horde forces will arrive in the Forge of Souls first (Mode of transport up to you.) and engage residing Scourge units. Scourge units will be under the command of a death knight and lich. It will act much like a dungeon with 2-3 bosses (dk, lich, large mob.) Horde characters will proceed through the forge while Forsaken soldiers will respond to reports of incoming Alliance forces. Allies under Arinite will elicit the help of the remaining Alliance skyguard, left behind to protect Alliance interests. The skyguard will be attacked by a Forsaken air unit (zepplin and scourged gryphons) the battle will result in the Alliance forcing a landing for repairs. Captured Forsaken will reveal that the Grey family is investigating the Forge of Souls. On foot the Alliance heroes will battle Scourge on their way to the Forge. The Horde will secure the Forge and fortify it as heroes defeat the final obstacle, knight commander Sevenvoids. A mysterious benefactor will reveal themself and grasp a key from the corpse. Forsaken forces then will receive a distress call, "Alliance inbound." Horde players will engage the Alliance on multiple platforms as the benefactor secures their interest. The Alliance must secure the Forge and determine the Forsaken interests. However, once the Horde vs Alliance fight is over another enemy will appear, in vast numbers. It will be up to the heroes how to proceed, will they work together or apart? Who's the benefactor, what do they want? How will the heroes react to the obstacles, why is the Scourge so dominant in this area still? All of these questions will be answered later.
    **This is subject to change, but this is the general idea. I hope you like the ending, I plan for it to be epic, and you know me. :P**

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading a bit more of your details, I'd have to say it sounds like a fun RP. You can count me in.

Well, since Time Lost has been stopped for now, and seeing as this is basically a PEWPEW WN TEH SCOURGE & ALLIES, I'd like to bring Sal.

As Aragorn said in the Lord of the Rings, "You have my blades."

10+ Year Old Account
    Great! This will be an epic adventure full of fighting.

On a note of silliness:
    You be aragorn and I'll be Eddard Stark from GoT. Madgod can Sheogorath, "Cheese for everyone!" And Nonfictionless could be Gimli.

Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post

On a note of silliness:
    You be aragorn and I'll be Eddard Stark from GoT. Madgod can Sheogorath, "Cheese for everyone!" And Nonfictionless could be Gimli.
    Doesn't that mean you die and have your head impaled on the top of a keep?

Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post

On a note of silliness:

Fuck that.

Arguably I have the beard for it, too. Not as epic as Sir Gimli's, but it has been known to make women swoon and to scare small children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very well, in light of this. You the Madgod, born in the fires of oblivion and forged in the heavens shall be reborn. Rise now, for you are now to be known as Sarah Palin! Wear your beard with pride!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just kidding lol, no harm meant. :P

And yes Shadow Cleave, I am a ghost that gives advice in return for love from my fans.
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-04-29 at 01:50 AM.

I am too, obviously.

In any case, looks like things'll be picking back up again around here in fairly short order!