Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Middle class, yet I hate my childhood. Been depressed since 2nd grade (12 years total now).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    My parents are not from the Netherlands so when they came here they were pretty poor, i have also grown up (and still am) pretty poor.
    Never had much nice things in my life as all their money would go to my 2 little sisters(they became spoiled brats however)

Lol, im sounding pretty spoiled when you look at kids who dont even have a home or food

Anyways, did you live poor/moderate/rich?
    Yes, I did. But it has made me a better person and made our family stronger together. I appriciate what I get very much, and just small amounts of money are great to get.
    I've been through more tough times then I want to think about, one of them was cancer, and many many other things I couldn't even begin to write here nor would I want to due to their private nature.
    Life still hands me lemons today, but I've learned to make lemonade by now.

a pool would've been great.anyway tbh pretty much yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I did. My mom was disabled so she couldnt work, and we lived off of government help we got, and her verbally abusive BF. He paid for what she couldnt, which wasn't much at all. But we lived.

I'm still poor, but I'm 20 years old, and a lot of 20 year olds are poor :P
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Grew up in the middle class. That's right...the class that gets screwed over the most.

Why you ask? Because the rich have enough money to afford everything they need, and the poor mooch off of the middle class through government aid and taxes. The middle class (alot of times) makes just enough money to NOT qualify for any help or aid, but not enough money to do alot of things that they need in life. Does that mean they never get anything? No.....it just means they have to struggle quite a bit to get by.

On a related note:
    It always burns me up to see the lazy douchebags who are on Medicaid come into the ER, smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day, drinking beer everyday, have no job, sit around and watch TV all day getting fat, don't take care of themselves, then come into the ER like they own the place and expect you to fix all their problems and wait on them hand and foot and if you don't, they are extremely rude and obnoxious and threaten to sue you over a hang-nail. And it's MY tax money that's paying for them to be there. Yeah......fucking assholes. All of them.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2011-05-13 at 08:22 AM.

My parents had joint custody of me and my brother since I was 3. My mom is on the higher end of upper/middle class but my dad has always been pretty poor and in debt. It seemed totally normal at the time and worked fine, but looking back it was sort of odd having nice things, good meals, etc half the time then living in a significantly less wealthy household the other half. From the people ive met on both sides and both demographics, I'd have to say I get along with poor people a LOT better. Some rich people just complain about some of the most inconsequential bullshit you could imagine, at least in my experience.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2011-05-13 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    a pool would've been great.anyway tbh pretty much yes.
    At first I thought you meant a "poll" >.>
    Anyway, OT, yes. Something along the lines of my parents losing their appartement when I was 7 (I had lived with my grandparents until then), and lived in various rented appartments all the time, usually 1/year. They were in debt most of the time (they weren't alcoholics or idk what, they just didn't have their way with money) and I could never afford to go in the trips my class would organize.

Things got slightly better when I was 14-ish, we moved to my grandparents' town (which was half the country away from where we'd been living) and money wasn't *that* much of an issue anymore, we had a roof over our heads and food.

When things were starting to get better, my father made cancer and passed away within 2 years (that was 2 years ago)... Which made me realise, I haven't had much throughout my childhood, but I had it all...

Deleted
    Grew up broke as fuck, but im well off now and it hasn't changed how i view things, if i have it i'll spend it.

Deleted
    Hm my parents and my grandparents both are rich, so i never think about money which is a good thing, but still i think i would be a completely different person if i had grown up in a poor family.

Been poor my entire life, still am, but I'm the first person in my family to go to college, so hopefully, I can help change that. |:

10+ Year Old Account
    Always have been and still am. It sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should put a poll on this

Made by dubbelbasse

Parents were middle class and now I am too.

Hard work has been drilled into my mind as important since the age of 13 (first paper route)
    I still work hard, but I don't know why.
    The unemployed 'earn' about as much as I do and the rich roll around in more money then they deserve and when that runs it, they take it from the middle class..

But hey, at the end of the day, I fall asleep in 5 seconds, physicly tired and mentaly content with myself.

Deleted
    Wasent realy poor but more like middle class, lived with my mom and iv been on vecation 2 times with her. Didnt have any video games or stuff like that, played with my pokemon cards intill i started to make my own. Im 14

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what to call it really, not poor, not rich. Dad earned on average $50 an hour.

my dad made a lot of money but he wasted it on stupid shit like boats (we didn't live near water), a huge house, and I don't know what else but the money was going somewhere and I never felt like we were anything but poor. We never got anything for christmas or for birthdays. Mom and dad were never around for anything. Well, mom was kinda but dad wasn't EVER. My dad was an alcoholic and a work-a-holic. My brothers and sisters were bullies. My childhood was me sitting front of the NES or SNES and trying to pretend my shitty life wasn't real. I would escape in Mega Man 4 or Mega Man X and believe I was this hero that sacrificed himself to make everything better........I still do that to do this day but the game is WoW and I don't live at home anymore, I am engaged and my fiance has a 5 year old son. Now I AM the hero. =]

Sorry I got a little off topic

Compared to third world countries? No.
    Compared to my countrys average? Yes, no doubt.

I'm somewhat better off now, but a house, car, wife and two daughters keeps the bills coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    I grew up rich, though sometimes I wish I didn't...

It's so dull and uninteresting if you got most stuff you want, then again you make life fun yourself; which is what I am attempting to do by the day.

I will give my life for the nation. ~Naoto Kan. SNN

Rich Theres a reason i race change my DK twice a week, and server change all my chars twice, thats 8 chars...

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i grew up poor. Poor at the level that i couldnt eat fresh fish or beef steaks, mostly cooked paste, bread and legumes. They bought our first car when i was 8, and it was a rusty old Fiesta (80`s). Also we never made holyday vacations out of our city until i came back from the military

Now my mother managed to pay his house after 28 years and after several years working i got my own house with my wife & daughter, and things fare good for us. But crisis happens and looks like we are falling on a blackhole again. The place where i worked for 12 years gone out of business, leaving mom and I unemployed

Soon its gonna be 2 years unemployed so far, and things are getting rough. I dont know how much longer ill be able to afford my DSL connection :S
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.