Quote Originally Posted by Soularpower View Post
    How is the PVP in this game? Me and some friends looking for a game to play some PVP / coop stuff with and we ran across this.
    If pvp is your focus then forget about this game. Gear tramps everything and there is nothing other than a lame buff to try and balance low-gear players vs high-gear players. The result is that you get in a pvp map and you literally have noobs with white gear from the starter zone vs people completely decked in raid gear and guess what happens then. The only way up is to bend over and take it repeatedly for about 3-6 months until you have a reasonable set and you don't spontaneously explode as soon as someone else looks at you.

Then your second problem starts: you farmed/got farmed like a grade-A masochist for that long in order to acquire a gear set and then you decide you want to use different weapons or a different built that utilises different stats! I mean one of the selling points of TSW is the Ability Wheel, right? Oopsie, back to farming for another 3-6 months, and you better not decide that you want to try a 3rd built, God forbit!

For a game that offers one of the best and most innovative and flexible ways for building your character in an MMO, they sure as hell made certain that it's all for nothing with the way they implemented their gearing system, at least for pvp.

PvE on the other hand, for a million other reasons, is an extremely enjoyable experience if you are into this kind of settings and story and I would 100% recommend it.

Can anyone tell me if EU players can play with US players.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if EU players can play with US players.
    Yes they can. You can play with your friends cross region and cross dimention. Simply add them on your friends list, right click and choose "Meet Up", and you play on the same "instance" they do.

Hey guys.

Having watched the latest Extra Credits vid, I am currently very interested in TSW. However, I haven't really heard anything about it. Is it because it's just not very good and everyone forgot about it? Or is there something to the game that can make it worth playing?

I'm fairly okay with the idea of dropping the 20 quid or so it takes to buy it, since its B2P. However, I do have some other questions. Is it P2W? Ie, does not subscribing, like in SWTOR, incur serious penalties? Additionally, does the game have an active playerbase, or would I be playing in a ghost world? Also, is there a trial or way to give it a shot without paying?

I really don't know anything about the game and can't find much info. I can find the main selling points, but I'm clueless as to how they work, if they work, etc. I've never heard anyone speak about this game or tell me anything about it, and I can't find much discussion on it. But it does look interesting, especially based on the Extra Credits episode.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

It's not P2W. You can buy experience and ability point boosts to level you faster and let you unlock more skills faster, but it doesn't provide any advantage over playing the game normally.

As for restrictions, you basically get the full game with the first 4-5 content patches in it, subsequent patches need to be purchased through the store.

No trial that I know of. I haven't played in a while, but whenever I played I'd always come across some people. I'm not saying that zones are packed, but there were usually people milling about at quest hubs and out in the world.

I highly, highly recommend picking it up. While the quality varies a bit and the combat is pretty average, it's easily the most interesting MMO released in recent years. The world is fantastic, with themes carrying through each zone reinforced by the zone itself. The quality of the writing and voicework is IMO the best of any MMO, and better than most story driven single player games to boot. And with the classless system, it gives you a ton of freedom to build your character how you want, and eventually unlock the ability to perform any role.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-03-07 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's now P2W. You can buy experience and ability point boosts to level you faster and let you unlock more skills faster, but it doesn't provide any advantage over playing the game normally.

As for restrictions, you basically get the full game with the first 4-5 content patches in it, subsequent patches need to be purchased through the store.

No trial that I know of. I haven't played in a while, but whenever I played I'd always come across some people. I'm not saying that zones are packed, but there were usually people milling about at quest hubs and out in the world.

I highly, highly recommend picking it up. While the quality varies a bit and the combat is pretty average, it's easily the most interesting MMO released in recent years. The world is fantastic, with themes carrying through each zone reinforced by the zone itself. The quality of the writing and voicework is IMO the best of any MMO, and better than most story driven single player games to boot. And with the classless system, it gives you a ton of freedom to build your character how you want, and eventually unlock the ability to perform any role.
    Thats a typo surely? TSW is not anywhere close to P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Yeah it's a typo lol.

TSW is not P2W in any way. You can't buy SP(skill points), which you need to use better weapons, ect.

The population is decent, but you won't be seeing many people while leveling. Most who play TSW have been playing for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Indeed >.<

It's kinda sad to see an Extra Credit episode that was not even about TSW, bringing more people to the game than Funcoms promotions. TSW is the best game people wont play.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    It's kinda sad to see an Extra Credit episode that was not even about TSW, bringing more people to the game than Funcoms promotions. TSW is the best game people wont play.

The combat is straight up WoW style but without the fluidness and polish. That's one of the biggest flaws in mmo's today.

Most people disliked the combat. Also the game is a bit on the more difficult side when you're new. A lot of people just quit when they couldn't get passed a certain zone.
    It took me days of researching to be able to setup a build so I would not get my ass handed to me while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    The combat is straight up WoW style but without the fluidness and polish. That's one of the biggest flaws in mmo's today.
    TSW combat is actually really good, however I do agree that is not as polished as in WoW. The problem is that people approach TSW combat like they do in WoW. Movement is very important in TSW, not just avoiding the bad stuff, but avoiding melee, LoSing etc. I see people in Kingsmouth or even in Blue mountain, standing still and pressing 3 button because that's what they do in WoW and end up dying. Then they get frustrated and quit. The game does not make a good job at explaining how some of it's mechanics work, the importance of adjusting your build on situation etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The combat is very clunky, cool game, but combat ruins it.

Tokyo is almost here.

Also Issue 10 is going to have a "love hotel" and just to let you know it is in fact exactly what you are thinking

Time for the return of blow jobs!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    TSW combat is actually really good, however I do agree that is not as polished as in WoW. The problem is that people approach TSW combat like they do in WoW. Movement is very important in TSW, not just avoiding the bad stuff, but avoiding melee, LoSing etc. I see people in Kingsmouth or even in Blue mountain, standing still and pressing 3 button because that's what they do in WoW and end up dying. Then they get frustrated and quit. The game does not make a good job at explaining how some of it's mechanics work, the importance of adjusting your build on situation etc.
    Possible, but it's not the reason I don't like it. I love all the stuff you described, it's just that it feels really clunky in TSW. GW2 for example does it waaaay better. Still very nice game though.

I'm really interested in buying this game now that it's B2P, however I would really love to check it out first.

Also would you say that it's CPU intensive like many MMOs (WoW, Rift etc)?

If any kind soul could P.M. me a spare buddy key I would be really really grateful!

Thanks,
    Obi

Yes, it's CPU intensive and the game chugs along more often than not. It's one of the lesser optimized engines for MMO's : /

As for buddy keys, I don't believe they provide those anymore. IIRC they removed them with the B2P transition. I'd highly recommend just picking it up when it's on sale for 50% off or something. It's absolutely worth the price of admission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Time for the return of blow jobs!
    Nice, I always wanted to give my character STDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see any good sales on this? I see Amazon has it for $25, but nothing cheaper thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Nice, I always wanted to give my character STDs.
    Personally or through guidance? .