Issues with playing rift!

Having an issue playing rift. The video isnt working properly. Right when i logged in for the first time, there were no visible objects or floors. All i could see was the sky and npcs. Posted SS with this thread

No SS visible, probably because this is your first post on the forum sadly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps, just perhaps, you should post this elsewhere. Perhaps RIFT's forum. You know, the forum populated by all of their players, their devs, etc. not on a WoW fansite.

On a slightly more friendly note, did you try and restart your computer then try again?

Damn thats too bad..
    Well ill try and describe it.
    No floors/walls or defined objects
    Instead of floors you just see a lava red color in the distance

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Perhaps, just perhaps, you should post this elsewhere. Perhaps RIFT's forum. You know, the forum populated by all of their players, their devs, etc. not on a WoW fansite.
    Perhaps, just perhaps, you shouldn't post with that sort of hostility. >>

@OP: Have you removed the old drivers and updated to new drivers? What videocard are you using by the way?

Deleted
    this is an mmo forum no?

Honestly I know nothing when it comes to computers. So im not sure how to check which video card, and I tried to update the video driver but dont think i was successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    this is an mmo forum no?
    Read the FAQ. This site is named MMO-Champion, and is a fan-site dedicated to World of Warcraft.

Edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...rules_offtopic
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-06-20 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Read the FAQ. This site is named MMO-Champion, and is a dedicated World of Warcraft site.
    True, but this is the computer forum. So far as I'm concerned this thread's legit. :U

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    True, but this is the computer forum. So far as I'm concerned this thread's legit. :U
    Ah, well of course anything related to computer issues and questions belong here I reckon. I was speaking more in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    this is an mmo forum no?
    Have you seen the "Off-Topic" part of the forum?
    Obviously not..

There might be something corrupt in the install. I believe there is a way to repair the game itself, you might want to try that. If messing with your drivers doesn't help.

I had an issue with that when I had either AA or AF enabled. Can't really remember what fixed it, vga driver or a patch... Either way, it's gone now. But try to change your AA and AF settings in-game.

(As I'm writing this I'm getting a feeling that it might have been an issue caused by Catalyst Control Centre (Control panel for ATI graphics card) trying to override in-game settings.)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
    Thats the video card... i think?

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 05:14 PM ----------

nvm thats the driver

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    I had an issue with that when I had either AA or AF enabled. Can't really remember what fixed it, vga driver or a patch... Either way, it's gone now. But try to change your AA and AF settings in-game.

(As I'm writing this I'm getting a feeling that it might have been an issue caused by Catalyst Control Centre (Control panel for ATI graphics card) trying to override in-game settings.)
    Would you mind reminding me what AA and AF stand for? I know nothing of computers. thanks

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 05:24 PM ----------

Fixed it!!

Kinda messing around with video settings.
    And when I unchecked 'Low Quality Renderer' and restarted game. Everything was fine.
    Just out of curiousity.. If thats what I had to do, what was wrong?