Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Let's not derail this thread into another Wildstar vs WoW debate.
    All of your posts have been about WoW and how you think Wildstar is making the same mistakes, which would be fine except you keep bringing it up. Your latest post was completely not constructive and only served to rehash the Wow vs Wildstar debate which has been hashed to death and there have been multiple warnings in the thread to cut it out. Please post more constructively and avoid game vs game debates.
    You might have a point if Wildstar was not like WoW classic. But it is. And the fact that in the statement posted earlier, which I did NOT bring up first, developers state that they worked on WoW classic and want to avoid it's mistakes makes it all the more ironic. And it goes to show that comparing Wildstar and WoW classic, and how those design choices ended up, is very much on-topic and also informative.

Stating opinion as fact doesn't actually make it fact. You were asked by a moderator to leave the WoW discussion out of this topic, so please do so. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-04-23 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    You might have a point if Wildstar was not like WoW classic. But it is. And the fact that in the statement posted earlier, which I did NOT bring up first, developers state that they worked on WoW classic and want to avoid it's mistakes makes it all the more ironic. And it goes to show that comparing Wildstar and WoW classic, and how those design choices ended up, is very much on-topic and also informative.
    somehow i dont think you and the developers share the same opinions on what would be considered a failure in classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

Stating opinion as fact doesn't actually make it fact. You were asked by a moderator to leave the WoW discussion out of this topic, so please do so. --Sj
    There are obviously a lot of similarities between the two, I guess I don't understand where your drawing the conclusion that that is a bad thing. Vanilla wow was one of the most successful games of all time despite its flaws.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    somehow i dont think you and the developers share the same opinions on what would be considered a failure in classic WoW.
    Meh... The proof always ends up being in the pudding. Before the end of the year, perhaps, we'll have an answer whether yay or nay. Like the second post in this thread assuming WSO stood no chance against TOR. Time will tell and it may certainly not end up saying what you expect it too. So whether he is fishing again, or not, doesn't really matter. We just don't know yet, though I certainly do like what I've been seeing and reading from Carbine.

Maybe a studio has finally learned the right answers from WoW's lessons.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we can stop talking about WoW for like the 100th time after 2 moderators have told us to stop. There's only so much talking about how similar or not they are before it makes everyone's head explode. Let's prevent the Headpocalypse please, thanks.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, these comparison's, claims, and defenses are brought up with EVERY SINGLE MMO that comes out ever. It's not productive conversation as it leads to over hype or needless bashing of either game.
    BAD WOLF

is there something like level-scaling in PvE or are there low level zones which get uninteresting once you're out of it's level-range? If so, is there something that makes it interesting to return to those lowie zones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    is there something like level-scaling in PvE or are there low level zones which get uninteresting once you're out of it's level-range? If so, is there something that makes it interesting to return to those lowie zones?
    there is no level scaling..

hopefully we get a reason to go back with rep grinds, crafting, paths, unreachable area's before cap etc but if we dont get much of that id be happy with alot of "end game" area's.. there is 23 REGIONS on the official website with only 4 of them named so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Maybe we can stop talking about WoW for like the 100th time after 2 moderators have told us to stop. There's only so much talking about how similar or not they are before it makes everyone's head explode. Let's prevent the Headpocalypse please, thanks.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, these comparison's, claims, and defenses are brought up with EVERY SINGLE MMO that comes out ever. It's not productive conversation as it leads to over hype or needless bashing of either game.
    This is a WoW fansite, so the WoW comparisons will never ever stop because fanbois are the most annoying people on the planet.

Anyways, I'm glad there's no leveling scaling(I'm assuming). I hated it in GW2, It didn't make going back to lower level zones anymore enjoyable to me.
    There has to be another way to get people to go back to lower level zones. Maybe PvP events(then level scaling would make sense)?

My understanding is there will be events which happen in lower level zones so higher level characters will have to go back to those zones to do them. Also during the demo there was one mob MANY levels higher than me in the zone I was running around in, so maybe there will be world boss type things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This is a WoW fansite, so the WoW comparisons will never ever stop because fanbois are the most annoying people on the planet.

Anyways, I'm glad there's no leveling scaling(I'm assuming). I hated it in GW2, It didn't make going back to lower level zones anymore enjoyable to me.
    There has to be another way to get people to go back to lower level zones. Maybe PvP events(then level scaling would make sense)?
    I think, at the very least, rifts Mentor system would be a good idea.

I like to do 100% of the quest in a zone while leveling up to get the "full experience" and over leveling everything is always... disheartening? boring? I don't know.

I enjoyed being able to always be level appropriate in GW2 and Rift.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

I think I have another possible solution. Instead of the same old same old of having your gathering skills level through harvesting higher level nodes in higher level zones, perhaps all nodes could level your gathering no matter what. Then, have area-specific nodes and have every crafting material be viable for endgame. For example, there's only silver and gold. Silver you can only get in Northern Wilds and Gold in Deradune. But both can then be used to craft different things with both being viable for endgame. Perhaps, though, instead of 1 piece of silver for a lower level item, you need 10 for a higher level item. Something to that effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed something but, why should higher level characters need to go back to lower level zones? Besides socializing of course.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Maybe I missed something but, why should higher level characters need to go back to lower level zones? Besides socializing of course.
    Because, like with many other games, lower level zones usually become a vast wasteland after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Because, like with many other games, lower level zones usually become a vast wasteland after a while.
    Which is the problem with "leveling zones" and leveling in general.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Which is the problem with "leveling zones" and leveling in general.
    That's true. One thing I've noticed while playing The Secret World is just how many people inhabit all zones due to the fact that everything gives the same XP no matter how powerful you are.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Because else you have only one or two zones to play in, when you are max. level. Not much variety. In GW2 each zone is relevant when you are 80. There is a problem that scaling doesn't work well at the moment, but those huge bosses have great potential once they get more interesting and harder to kill. I love doing a metaevent-chain in a 35-45 zone (harathi hinterlands)... so much fun and pretty epic. I get scaled to an appropriate level and have a decent experience which I can't have in other games once I'm past that zone.

Furthermore: there are lv.1-15 zones for each race. I can experience the zones as they are intended to be experienced because of backscaling. In other games I would have to make a new character to relive that feeling.

Anet has to work on those scaling issues, it works fine at some points, but then... come on. Still back-scaling is great in theory (and quite often in GW2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That's true. One thing I've noticed while playing The Secret World is just how many people inhabit all zones due to the fact that everything gives the same XP no matter how powerful you are.
    Its that and the fact that you can repeat the quests if you desire and continue to "level" your character long after you've built up a completely endgame functional "deck" (ability loadout). Of course those features could easily be adapted into another game, especially if they do something akin to Rift's Planar Attunement (a feature I absolutely love).

Also, mentoring would be totally rad. I didn't like GW2's auto downlevel as much as the Mentoring where I had an actual choice to rampage through a lowbie zone as a behemoth or scale back to a normal hero.

In games that I have played that had the mentoring option, they hardly ever took that option. I quite like the down leveling but it seems I'm in the minority.

What would even be better is to have no levels at all.

I am with you Doozerjun on the down leveling, I really like that system. Having no levels at all would just make people hit the problem we get at max level right from the get go. The problem is, if you aren't leveling how are you improving and making your character stronger? I'm not sure an mmo where your only way of making your toon stronger is through gear right from the beginning would be very fun. But then I don't hate leveling the way some people seem to.

Yeah, my opinion on no levels is very much in the minority as well I know that. GW1 handled that really well I thought. While there were levels, there were very few. 95% of the game was at max level and progression revolved around cosmetic and skill acquisition. This is completely offtopic I know but I'm always in hope that there will be another mmo that follows that model.