Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I have a 780 GTX, 16GB of RAM, and a i7 3.5ghz Intel processor. I still had issues with it myself. Even after the update.

Mind you I ran Tera, TSW, FFXIV: HW, WoW: WoD, GW2, and many other MMOs at max settings with little drop in frames from my 60 cap.
    That's odd, you have very similar specs to me, mine is the same although I'm only on 8GB RAM and I'm having no issues at all. Back when the game came out it ran atrociously but now I'm on smooth 60 on the "High" preset.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    *snip*
    I'm in a raiding guild with my wife and they were just trashing all the 'new' and 'free' players complaining about queues and said that serves them right for not paying for the game. It's like...umm...ok...did you want your game to die?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm in a raiding guild with my wife and they were just trashing all the 'new' and 'free' players complaining about queues and said that serves them right for not paying for the game. It's like...umm...ok...did you want your game to die?
    Heh, sounds a lot like the community SWTOR and some other games I've played/observed when transitioning to F2P. Then again, the WS community seems awfully similar to the SWTOR community in many regards for some odd reason.

Deleted
    You mean there are people on the internet that think they're superior to others because of what they choose to spend their money on!?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Heh, sounds a lot like the community SWTOR and some other games I've played/observed when transitioning to F2P. Then again, the WS community seems awfully similar to the SWTOR community in many regards for some odd reason.
    Yea, pretty much every MMO goes through exactly that when they Transition to F2P. Hopefully it'll pass quickly and overall F2P will be super beneficial for Wildstar. It would be nice to see this game do well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the same in GW2 when the base game went free to play

I have a 780 GTX, 16GB of RAM, and a i7 3.5ghz Intel processor. I still had issues with it myself. Even after the update.

Mind you I ran Tera, TSW, FFXIV: HW, WoW: WoD, GW2, and many other MMOs at max settings with little drop in frames from my 60 cap.
    That sounds bad
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    You're referring to presentation over actuality.

Like for instance, the 'spellslinger' is often presented as old west gunslinger with magic imbued into his bullets. Even the latest trailer shows as much.

Then you get into the game and you feel like you're shooting pellets of light at people. It's not very attractive at all in the end.

It also doesn't help that there is this bizarre mix of fantasy and sci-fi that makes no earthly sense. You've got blasters and the likes, yet rather than your stealthy killers using something like a sniper rifle (which they have snipers in the game) you're going up as close to people as possible to stab them with claws. .-.

Got one tanky class that uses a sword while the other uses a massive, futuristic cannon weapon and can hop into a mechanized suit of armor.

I really thought the game was going to be more of like a really low-tech sci-fi adventure, akin to Alien or Aliens with magic, grit, and humor thrown in. Instead it's super sci-fi with elements of medieval. Very jarring and odd.
    Maybe that's it. I keep feeling like the game I want to play is in there, somewhere. But what's actually there just doesn't "fit" very well with what I keep expecting to see.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm running an i7 with a 770 and 8 gigs and have not noticed issues graphics wise. Just the horrible lag.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I've seen the same in GW2 when the base game went free to play
    Yea, but I feel like it passed fairly quickly overall. Especially considering the conversion of a sub game to f2p isn't really the same as what gw2 did. But yes, a lot of people tend to have negative knee jerk reactions to player who play for "free".

10+ Year Old Account
    SO I created my first character and its just sitting there. I clicked enter game, but the character creation screen is still up. My guy is moving and animated still, but I cant click on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    SO I created my first character and its just sitting there. I clicked enter game, but the character creation screen is still up. My guy is moving and animated still, but I cant click on anything.
    It takes a while to pop into the game world right now due to how overloaded the servers are, I hung on that screen for around 5 minutes late last night.

How does salvaging work in this game? My inventory is filling up and tutorials only say to drag items on the salvage icon (which it doesnt say where it is, but I think its the one next to delete item button). Yet, this can't be done. It is unusable. So it is not lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    I logged into my 50 with a zero stat thing on my head and ilvl 5 shoulders, the hell was I doing, have to remember where the rep vendors are now

As to the lag, most seem to think that it has something to do with looting/XP, which certainly holds up, you only lag when you kill something or buy/sell
    Not true, I logged in last night and got destroyed by 1 monster because I couldn't attack, it literally took upwards of 20 seconds to attack.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    How does salvaging work in this game? My inventory is filling up and tutorials only say to drag items on the salvage icon (which it doesnt say where it is, but I think its the one next to delete item button). Yet, this can't be done. It is unusable. So it is not lag.
    You can't actually salvage until you hit a certain level. It's stupid. I think it's level 10 or 12 now, but you'll get a quest when you can do it. Also, some of the starter gear isn't salvageable. Once it is available, the easiest way is to click on the salvage icon which gives a list of all things to salvage.

Once addons are fixed, there are things like Scrappy which are far better than the default UI for that function.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Been almost 15 minutes now. Should i exit the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Been almost 15 minutes now. Should i exit the game?
    Might want to come back and try again later.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Maybe that's it. I keep feeling like the game I want to play is in there, somewhere. But what's actually there just doesn't "fit" very well with what I keep expecting to see.
    I know how you feel and I think I figured out my main issue with the game.

The combat and UI. The UI is a cluser fuck unless u use addons and the combat feels like it wasn't to be a hybrid of Hotkey/Action and I just don't like it. Oddy enough I enjoyed the combat in GW2 alot even tho its kinda the sameway.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Why? That's strange :/ Hopefully they will survive initial rush of players and calm down and try to see the good things with the transition =(

I've tried playing for a couple of hours
    but i dunno, control feels weird to me, like... it's supposed to be more "flowing" than WoW, but actually feels more clunky because the way the hit boxes work and centering the target..

maybe i'm missing addons or some configurations that make this better :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm so I just logged in with no queue, surprising.