10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Sorry to bring this back up, but I read this article that tries to defend the other stupid one and it comes across as just as inane. It's the most transparent attempt at validating someone else's writing that it makes itself and the other article look even worse. It's pretty disheartening to see someone feel the need to validate poor writing and job performance with an equally dismal showing. Especially when it's primary line of reasoning is to invalidate the opinions and interpretation of others.

Basically it equates to saying: "Sure people might write stupid things, but you should never, ever call them out on it because there's no point! You are idiots and you look stupid".

Massively has lost pretty much all credibility with me at this point. Seems like it's more important to be more important than your readers and teach them how to be proper sheep instead of being real.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...-like-wildsta/
    It may be a bit transparent in defending other pieces of less-than-worthy work but the general point still has merit I feel, yes it's obvious that it happens but that doesn't make it any less annoying. I'd happily be rid of this growing trend of defending games, especially ones that aren't even out yet, from any amount of criticism even when it's mostly constructive. You get painfully stupid people thinking they need to create a layer of impenetrable positivity between the Dev's and anyone with an actual opinion, essentially just becoming yes-men as if thats going to help create something worth playing.

PS: clearly this dude reads MMO champ. I hope he reads this and realizes he just wrote an entire article in order to defend hack writing and ineptitude. Way to follow suit like a champ.
    What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Only fools play multiple MMOs at the same time. It's very time taxing to acquire progress and gear in one MMO alone, you do that in 2 or more and you'll always be a noob in both of them. Jack of all trades master of none.
    Just had to post to say.. What? Did that really happen? MY head hurtz now

Also if CB3 is starting soon I can get back to hoping they pick me

I guess I'm a fool since I play more than one MMO at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Just had to post to say.. What? Did that really happen? MY head hurtz now

Also if CB3 is starting soon I can get back to hoping they pick me
    Stress testers probably get priority.

/sigh

I kinda play 2 mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

/sigh
    Damn those stress testers. Let me switch places with you, c'mon. Those tests must be very...stressful for them, they need a break.

I have 3 MMO's and 2 ARPG on my computer.

Rift, NW, Gw2, PoE and MH

I am officially classified as a moron.

/sigh
    Yea

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I kinda play 2 mmos.
    Yea.. I currently play 4 with a 5th one occasionally.

Also on topic. Apparently the Devs have money on their minds: vine.co/v/hBQ30M1i0FH

Also my phone is being stupid and won't let me grab the twitter link for you guys
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-06-18 at 07:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am officially classified as a moron.
    WoW
    GW2
    Rift
    Tera
    Firefall
    Unnamed Beta MMO
    Maplestory
    (Recently uninstalled SWTOR, NWO, LotRO)((LotrO actually got messed up and needs to be reinstalled))
    Also have Diablo 3, TL2, Terraria, and Minecraft to add to the collection of games that never end, plus at least 15 steam games.

I think I may try out the rest of NCSoft's MMO's sometime soon as well.

I'm the biggest fool of them all apparently.
    BAD WOLF

No we classify you as a douche-bag

whatever that means....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    You get painfully stupid people thinking they need to create a layer of impenetrable positivity between the Dev's and anyone with an actual opinion, essentially just becoming yes-men as if thats going to help create something worth playing.
    The exact same thing you just described (and they criticize) is what is happening in these articles in regards to the writers. Just some food for thought. Seeking to validate something by bringing down something else is the worst way to go about things. Also, the behavior described in these things is always a minority of people. Even in regards to the WoW killer statements on MMO's, it's muttered by a couple of people and then quoted 1000 times by dissenters.

It's actually the dissent that skews the perception. In this case, the article is not good. Instead of writing a more professional article, or *gasp* admitting that it was awful, the response is to attack people, labeling them fanboys and saying that their voice doesn't matter so they should be quiet.

That view certainly has no merit.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 03:02 PM ----------

whatever that means....
    I tell it how it is. People don't like that 99% of the time. And yes, I know that's not what you meant. To what you meant, you're thoughts are unfounded as I'm telling you it ain't so. I'm right there with the rest of them....
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-06-18 at 07:02 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Also I fixed the link, I typed it wrong the first time ><

vine.co/v/hBQ30M1i0FH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also I fixed the link, I typed it wrong the first time ><

vine.co/v/hBQ30M1i0FH
    hehe funny

WoW
    GW2
    Rift
    Tera
    Firefall
    Unnamed Beta MMO
    Maplestory
    (Recently uninstalled SWTOR, NWO, LotRO)((LotrO actually got messed up and needs to be reinstalled))
    Also have Diablo 3, TL2, Terraria, and Minecraft to add to the collection of games that never end, plus at least 15 steam games.

I think I may try out the rest of NCSoft's MMO's sometime soon as well.

Not a fool, tho I would say it's highly unlikely you play all your games fully each week.

Currently I am playing Marvel Heroes, World of Warcraft and Warframe. On any given week one game has my focus and the others not so much.

I have far more games then that installed but I don't know anyone who puts in meaningful time into more then one MMO, simply because they are designed to dominate your time in a way that other games do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmoplayer111 View Post
    Not a fool, tho I would say it's highly unlikely you play all your games fully each week.
    What does fully mean? You can't finish a MMO, that's sort of the point. You might not be able to put as much time as you feel like you should if you play more than one MMO, but really you shouldn't let your personal limitations or hang-ups be the basis for how you judge other people.

Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    hehe funny
    What's even more funny is I totally thought they were hinting at the business model reveal, but they were not Got my hopes all up and everything lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmoplayer111 View Post
    Not a fool, tho I would say it's highly unlikely you play all your games fully each week
    All? No. More than one? Yep.

There's a strange correlation between learning to let go and enjoy games again that actually makes you more productive within the game. Instead of spending hours poring over research and external sites, planning raids,managing people, I just get on and do whatever I feel like. At the end of the week I've accomplished far more than I would have when I played practically 24/7.

The caveat being that most games are at a point where there's far more to do than I ever can accomplish now, which is a blessing and a curse. If they had this much when I first started playing MMOs, I'm not sure I would have ever emerged from my apartment.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well there are two WildStar subreddits like r/wildstar and r/wildstaronline.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:39 PM ----------

While I like most of massively's articles, I am just not a fan of the Nexus Telegraph ones. I'm not a fan of most podcasts either. Guess I'm just not the blogging type.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:43 PM ----------

New patch notes incoming?

https://twitter.com/CRB_Scooter/stat...40590040535040

Another sign that CBT3 is near?
    I remembered David Bass used to be the SWTOR CM, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    It's not a sub forum. It's a tube forum.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I cant play more than 1 MMO, because I go super hardcore into progression(10-16 hours a day at most hardcore) and I dont want to fucking do it again in another MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Correct. Iirc it was David Bass, then Stephen Reid, Joveth, and now Eric Musco. David Bass is actually how I found out about Wildstar in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I cant play more than 1 MMO, because I go super hardcore into progression(10-16 hours a day at most hardcore) and I dont want to fucking do it again in another MMO.
    That is a really good thing to know about yourself

I play WoW and Rift I have full raid gear in WoW and partial in Rift still gearing up.