Also I forgot to mention... There were a lot of questions about consoles on the survey. I am wondering if perhaps they are thinking about expanding into console as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also I forgot to mention... There were a lot of questions about consoles on the survey. I am wondering if perhaps they are thinking about expanding into console as well.
    Possible.

Would make patch day hell though.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

On the one hand, I'm all for allowing as many people as possible to play your game. On the other though, I fucking loathe when PC games have to make console concessions. We end up with horrible UI design like we see in DCUO and Defiance (though it's improved over time) and a lot of other console concessions in terms of controls or certain systems that lead to what feels like a watered down experience : /

Not to mention the current inability to deploy patches rapidly on console due to the certification process they need to go through. So if they want to keep parity between the clients they'd need to constantly delay the PC patches while the console ones went through certification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay the survey asks about computer specs! I can finally update my system info!
    hai Arlee! *waves frantically*

i hope they don't give me negative points for filling in specs that don't match my current one, since the harddrive of my actual pc is currently broken q_q
    can a webpage check the operating system of a user..?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    On the one hand, I'm all for allowing as many people as possible to play your game. On the other though, I fucking loathe when PC games have to make console concessions. We end up with horrible UI design like we see in DCUO and Defiance (though it's improved over time) and a lot of other console concessions in terms of controls or certain systems that lead to what feels like a watered down experience : /
    agreed. maybe having two versions, with dedicated servers for each, would work. but i guess that kinda defeats the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post

i hope they don't give me negative points for filling in specs that don't match my current one, since the harddrive of my actual pc is currently broken q_q

agreed. maybe having two versions, with dedicated servers for each, would work. but i guess that kinda defeats the point.
    don't worry about the specs too much. They'll continue on with getting those who stress test'd in and I expect a few more based on their changes, but won't be many. I filled mine from iOS - it won't run too well on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Female draken, female granok and female mechari were not available to test either.
    Yeah i know, despite me wanting to make a sexbot called EDI. Dibs on that. They probably didn't have all the models and animations ready to play.

I REALLY hope to god they NEVER EVER put Wildstar on consoles. That is doomed to fail horribly and damage the game. imo.

I'd accept a console version if it wasn't cross platform with PC, and the graphics/gameplay arnt dumbed down in the slightest.

I'm also expecting the console version of ESO to fail horribly. Paying a sub, and paying a xbox gold fee/PS plus will turn off many(still not sure if you actually need to have PS plus/xbox gold to play it though).
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-11-04 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not PS but Xbox you need.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I REALLY hope to god they NEVER EVER put Wildstar on consoles. That is doomed to fail horribly and damage the game. imo.

I'd accept a console version if it wasn't cross platform with PC, and the graphics/gameplay arnt dumbed down in the slightest.

I'm also expecting the console version of ESO to fail horribly. Paying a sub, and paying a xbox gold fee/PS plus will turn off many(still not sure if you actually need to have PS plus/xbox gold to play it though).
    PS4 you don't have to pay PS+ to play online required games like MMOs.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

>_>

Because people need another reason to buy PS4, right? huehuehue
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    >_>

Lol ikr. Was just about to say that.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain they wish to release on consoles too, maybe not with PC but later on.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post

A webpage can check the operating system and the browser version you are running if you got cookies enabled, but it cannot check your specific hardware without your permission.

Signed up as well, it looks really interesting, maybe it would be the one mmo to regain my interest where I lost it couple of years ago.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    >_>

ill get one but i know alot of people are very annoyed by last weeks Q&A which told people for the first time that it wont.. play music cd's, be able to stream from the pc, it doesnt support mp3 or mp4 files, doesnt support external storage and probably more. most of which could be done on the ps3..

more on topic.. i dont think it will ever come to consoles and ive taken a few similar questionnaires and they ask similar questions.. its probably more for NCsoft than it is for carbine (the console part).
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-11-04 at 10:14 AM.

>_>

What reason is there to buy one? Is there a good thread to find out why?

Yes I am serious. I don't own any consoles hence I am obviously not the target audience. I do have a bazillion blu-rays around.

As to the game going console, hope to hell not. I cannot tell which is worse, console to PC ports or PC ports to consoles. Oh wait, yeah I can, the first is worse than the second but not by much
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    What reason is there to buy one? Is there a good thread to find out why?

Yes I am serious. I don't own any consoles hence I am obviously not the target audience. I do have a bazillion blu-rays around.

As to the game going console, hope to hell not. I cannot tell which is worse, console to PC ports or PC ports to consoles. Oh wait, yeah I can, the first is worse than the second but not by much
    only three reasons to get one imo 1) play with friends, 2) exclusives, and 3) dont want to upgrade your PC

anyone know what final fantasy on ps3 is like compared to the pc version?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    only three reasons to get one imo 1) play with friends, 2) exclusives, and 3) dont want to upgrade your PC

anyone know what final fantasy on ps3 is like compared to the pc version?
    The PS3 version of FFXIV is pretty poor. I play on PC with 3 friends who play on PS3 and there are some group battles where they can't even see enemies because they haven't loaded in yet. The graphics are very washed out, view distance is terrible, and everything takes much longer to load. One of those friends went from PS3 to PC once he was able to upgrade his PC abit and he said he would never go back to the PS3 version, it's a huge improvement if your PC can handle it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffon23 View Post
    The PS3 version of FFXIV is pretty poor. I play on PC with 3 friends who play on PS3 and there are some group battles where they can't even see enemies because they haven't loaded in yet. The graphics are very washed out, view distance is terrible, and everything takes much longer to load. One of those friends went from PS3 to PC once he was able to upgrade his PC abit and he said he would never go back to the PS3 version, it's a huge improvement if your PC can handle it.
    i guess it will be interesting to see what the ps4 version is like then.

Deleted
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...s_saturday.php
    Stream on saturday with first class-drop

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...s_saturday.php
    Stream on saturday with first class-drop
    I'll be watching Blizzcon, but something to note from that post:
    Winter Beta begins in December
    BAD WOLF