View Poll Results: Do you think the Acid in the eyes punishment is right?

Voters
784. This poll is closed
  • Yes

506 64.54%
  • No

278 35.46%
Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HazardYo View Post
    Oh?
    And why does it "make sense"? Because it makes other people feel good when someone else gets his eyes burned off?
    How would you justify any form of violent punishment, then? On what basis can you honestly say that it is okay to hurt someone physically, mentally or outright killing him/her?
    Why do you equate punishing others with enjoyment? A murderer deserves death. I really don't see the problem here. We don't punish others to feel good, we punish them because they've harmed another person.
    Keep The Beats!

Quote Originally Posted by bravesirrobin View Post
    Put him in the army. Right on the front line!

Then we will see how big and hard he is then.
    Yes let's give all of our criminals weaponry and pensions, sounds like a great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    It may not be murder, but that doesn't mean it's okay.
    Be aware that before 1830, in many parts of the South (in the US), a slave owner was legally entitled to kill his slaves.
    (Source: http://www.britannica.com/blackhistory/article-24164 )

Just because something is legally sanctioned doesn't make it okay.
    Pulling out an archaic law to make a point is lol

It's all personal belief. Would you say "ok, that person killed my loved one, I believe he/she can be reformed in prison."? I personally would want that person dead or in this case blinded. I know that's what I believe but I also understand that it's not what ever one else believes. Social discussions on moral/immoral/political/personal belief over message boards = bad idea always.

Inflicting serious damage on a body is wrong, it doesn't suddenly becomes right when it's revenge.

People who want to do that are criminals themselves, even worse, they want to commit these atrocities AND even want to be backed up by "law". The woman that is gonna do this is an even greater beast then the man; you stand there pouring acid in someones eye while the "law" restrains him, how despiccable can you be?
    People who can do this are terrifying tbh, how can you still call her a victim when she goes thru with it?

It just shows that Iran is a nation of crooks, a primitive group of bandits can only to control (or try) their people with terror. I sure am happy to live in a country where we know the difference between justice, and vicious, primitive revenge.

And how is it the "right" of nations to enforce morals and ethics any way they see fit? It's not like you can choose where you go live, at least not in that part of the world. It just shows the incapablity to real lead instead of just oppress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    A murderer deserves death.
    You didn't answer the question why.
    How can you justify killing someone? There is only one way and you know it.
    And this one way is dangerous and we all know what happened because of people thinking the way you do.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    And how exactly is this bad? Is it more humane to imprison criminals? Only if you didn't suffer because of their crime, or you are the criminal yourself. Then it's a pretty good deal, you kill someone and you are provided for by the country for the rest of your life. Yeah...
    The same people that suffered of a crime also pay taxes, which go for upkeep costs of the same criminals. How is this fair? How is this humane towards victims?

Law based on revenge is the only fair law. Criminals have to fear punishment. They have to know that they will pay for their crimes one day.
    Exactly what I also believe .

And this is why a state exists. To not give a crap about individual opinions, like this one.
    How about we otherwise start descending into Anarchy? Must be fun, don't you think?

My question was not be about efficiency.
    My question was about moral justification.
    How would or could you even hope to justify hurting/killing someone?
    Do i need to justify actions that need to be done?
    Moral justification is all nice and fine, but if there's no hope for them anyway why waste so much resources on them?

Offtopic:
    Edit: lol, just realised i actually gave a moral justification: I don't believe we should make people without hope for a better future suffer more by incarceration or forcing them to live in a society with which they are incompliable, death could be mercy in this case. (ofcourse a death penalty should not be given lightly)
    Last edited by Arshan; 2011-05-14 at 03:01 PM.
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

And this one way is dangerous and we all know what happened because of people thinking the way you do.
    And you ignored the rest of my post... thanx for playing. Why are the people arguing against punishment determined to take the moral high ground?
    Keep The Beats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yes let's give all of our criminals weaponry and pensions, sounds like a great idea.
    Yes because thats exactly what i said.....
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Lowering yourself to the same level of barbarism is not the solution. If you do that, it's no longer justice, but mere revenge you seek.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you justify just locking someone up while the government SPENDS money to keep someone alive? So what you're saying is- its okay to kill someone and just go to prison for 20 years. We can justify killing someone because he gave up his rights when he decided to murder someone. Tell that to a family who had their 15 year old daughter raped and killed, and the man who did it is just chillin' in prison waiting to get out. Its logic like yours that sinks our country down.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did the murderer justify killing someone?

The difference is:

Murderer: Took an innocent life. Innocent life. Happy, Innocent person with plans for his/her life, most likely.

Now, the murderer gets killed for doing so. He's not innocent. He's a murderer. That's what he chose. The innocent victim was not able to choose like the murderer did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    And you ignored the rest of my post... thanx for playing. Why are the people arguing against punishment determined to take the moral high ground?
    No, I asked you something, you answered with jibber-jabber.
    Answer the simple question: How can a sane and stable mind justify any form of violence against someone else? At all?
    You probably won't answer it again, countering with more jibber-jabber. This is dull already.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Because he's insane.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    Tbh lifetime in an isolation cell would be a better punishment. Just 4 white wall and a madress for the rest of his life :P
    Add an infinite loop of nyan nyan cat to that.

Eye for and eye, however what he did was a lot worse and he should consider himself lucky that he only gets drops into his eyes rather than a bucket.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post

The difference is:

Murderer: Took an innocent life. Innocent life. Happy, Innocent person with plans for his/her life, most likely.

Now, the murderer gets killed for doing so. He's not innocent. He's a murderer. That's what he chose. The innocent victim was not able to choose like the murderer did.
    Assuming all people do indeed have free wills, then yes this goes.
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no right or wrong answer here, that's the problem.

There will always be people who say "an eye for an eye" for example, and there will always be people screaming human rights. It's a whole different culture over in Iran, where a petty crime can land you with missing extremities. Can you also blame the woman for wanting him to go through the same pain and anguish she did/is? I can't, but I can also see the other side of the coin... And that is why I'm not going to say yes or no, meh.

Deleted
    I just love how people thinks spending the rest of your life in a high-security prison would be a walk in the park.
    Take away a person freedom and you take away everything. Prison is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's insane.
    Everyone can plead insanity, doesn't mean they are :|

This is really sad. The people against only care about themselves. They really do. "Eye for an eye" is bad, derp. "Don't stoop to their level", derp. People need to be punished when they wrong another person. It's fair.
    Keep The Beats!