Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    i'm sure OP was also up in arms about mage/warlock/priest tier 9.
    Well to be honest, who wasnt up in arms?

I know people say it isn't a big deal ect but really coming from their stand point of design, it is very very lazy to reuse models like that. Like really did the man only have 1 week to make the tier to where he had to cut corners? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    Similarity?. Perhaps?

Similarity to the point of jumping up and down screaming about millions of dollars, and how Blizzard is an evil conglomerate and is uninspired and is Satans spawn for daring to reskin ONE hood tier?.

Not in the slightest.
    Even sadder, it's not even reskinning, it's remodeling...

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Well to be honest, who wasnt up in arms?
    i personally like those sets, sooooo not me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Are you going to complain about NPC models that share the skeleton of other NPC's? because your getting close, reusing something that minimal isn't unheard of in ANY GAME saves time and still looks good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    The geometry of the hoods is similar. The artists copied and pasted some polygons to make their lives easier... so it's the end of the world and Blizzard is stealing our money
    its exact. im just showing one on a human and one on an orc.

Yeah we know

Tier designs and just gear in general has been shit since wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    10/10 This troll got EVERYONE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    I know people say it isn't a big deal ect but really coming from their stand point of design, it is very very lazy to reuse models like that. Like really did the man only have 1 week to make the tier to where he had to cut corners? lol
    Its not lazy, it is cost effective. Blizzard is a business after all. Why spend money to model a slightly different hood graphic when they could take an existing one and use it as the base for a new piece of gear. It is not like it is the same hood only a different color or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0oglitcho0 View Post
    Still not a big deal.

...at all...

HO MY FAWKING GAWD THEY USE A SIMILER COWL RIM AS THE WARLOCKS!!!!
    /cancel subscription.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetuss View Post
    i must say, since wrath blizzard hasn't given a fuck about armor set designs, ToC is a perfect example, all cloth wearers - the same, all leather wearers - the same, all plate wearers - the same, it was stupid
    You clearly missed the point. The theme was Alliance vs. Horde. Remember the original PvP sets? All cloth wearers - the same, all leather wearers - the same, all plate wearers - the same...if you didn't like the designs, that's one thing, but complaining that they were the same shows you didn't understand (or bother trying) what they were aiming for.

Besides, saying they haven't given a fuck since Wrath is wrong. My Tiers 8 and 10 were fucking awesome. I like my T11, love T12, and think T13 is wicked. I really haven't been disappointed since T5, but even then a lot of people liked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    HO MY FAWKING GAWD THEY USE A SIMILER COWL RIM AS THE WARLOCKS!!!!
    /cancel subscription.
    Best reason to quit ever. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. My. Good. God.

Everyone! Everyone! To the bunkers!

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was simply to say with the amount of money pumped into blizzard, this shouldn't be happening. They get several million a month. Things should not get reskinned like this. Tier has always been very unique and sacred. The reason for announcing this was because this is the first time they broke that. It pisses me off to think that this is going to be their new method of making tier.

i don't see it, personally it looks like the shocker with night vision goggles.
    you know the shocker, the guy who ended up either electrocuting or burying him self half the time... the guy who's suit looked like it was made from a yellow blanket.

Deleted
    Lol, this doesnt even bother you right? You just HAD to complain.

0/10

My point was simply to say with the amount of money pumped into blizzard, this shouldn't be happening. They get several million a month. Things should not get reskinned like this. Tier has always been very unique and sacred. The reason for announcing this was because this is the first time they broke that. It pisses me off to think that this is going to be their new method of making tier.
    that isn't reskinning, and if you think it is your so very wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You clearly missed the point. The theme was Alliance vs. Horde. Remember the original PvP sets? All cloth wearers - the same, all leather wearers - the same, all plate wearers - the same...if you didn't like the designs, that's one thing, but complaining that they were the same shows you didn't understand (or bother trying) what they were aiming for.

Besides, saying they haven't given a fuck since Wrath is wrong. My Tiers 8 and 10 were fucking awesome. I like my T11, love T12, and think T13 is wicked. I really haven't been disappointed since T5, but even then a lot of people liked that one.
    Not to mention, you notice they have not done that since. They have made a different set of armor for each class. Guess what? Blizzard is a company ran by humans and sometimes humans make mistakes. At least Blizzard is smart enough to learn from past miss steps and take in feedback and try to use it to improve the game.

I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

When Doom 2 came out, one of the new enemies was a palette swap of an old one, made weaker and used to fill in a gap in the monster ranks. Doom 2 still has a very activie community and the game is eighteen years old. It even just uses sprites, which are easier to deal with than 3D models that have to fit on 24 different race/class combos.

Quit complaining, they like that shape of hood.