View Poll Results: What music do you listen too?

Voters
76. This poll is closed
  • Hip-hop/Rap

9 11.84%
  • Country

0 0%
  • Pop

0 0%
  • Rock

14 18.42%
  • Metal (death ect..)

22 28.95%
  • Classical

1 1.32%
  • Oldies

0 0%
  • R & B

2 2.63%
  • Indie

5 6.58%
  • I listen to EVERYTHING!

23 30.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGender View Post
    This kind of music.

Thats a trailer kind of music, dynamic and short.If you wanna put in another way then its modern orchestra choir/no choir ...thingy

I listen to trance,some classicals mostly Baroque !

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything except dubstep, trance, techno and the like. I don't even mind rap and hip-hop all that much.

Personal faves are video game music, especially 8-bit (but definitely not 16-bit), along with instrumentals and possibly rock.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2011-11-06 at 11:28 AM.

What my Last.fm genre-map looks like:

Album-map:

So yeah, I actually do listen to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    What my Last.fm genre-map looks like:

Album-map:

So yeah, I actually do listen to everything.
    I can't help but notice (correct me if I'm wrong) Female Vocalists 6 words under Rock..... :O

You didn't include dubstepp etc. cause we already know its awesome..... so we don't need a pool to show that.

But yeh, I like lots of diferent music. Not so big fan of rap/hipity hopp tho .....

Heavy metal, pantera, slayer, soilwork anything that is heavy

You left out Dubstep ,Drum and bass, Symphonic metal ,Gothic metal ,Hair metal and a slew of other genres.

And no ,just because they have "punk","metal " etc. in them does not mean they're the same as it.

Example

Steampunk:

Punk:

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asteest View Post
    Thats a trailer kind of music, dynamic and short.If you wanna put in another way then its modern orchestra choir/no choir ...thingy

I listen to trance,some classicals mostly Baroque !
    Its actually called neoclassical.

I like five finger death punch, disturbed, stone sour many more like it.
    The old rap like 2 pac, dmx, old spoop,
    Old big hair rock rush, boston, reo speedwagon,

I guess i kinda like anything. Except the new i got so much bank and where they say the same stuff over and over again like black and yellow. (pointless)Screamo metal music, if I have to turn down the music to attempt to hear what you say, and all I hear is screams you lost my attention.

I voted I listen to everything, but that's not entirely true. There are very few rap and country songs I actually like.

Mostly I listen to anything I like the sound of and/or can dance to.

I voted everything, but mainly because you didn't have a house/trance/dubstep selection. I pretty much try to listen to everything, except country. "Save a horse ride a cowboy"............................go fuck yourself, IMO.

METAL!....but old-school 80's. The new stuff just ain't the same.

Poll is useless without multiple options.

That said, I listen to rap and indie the most. '60s folk after that, maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    While younger, I listened to country music. This was in the day when Kenny Rogers, Dottie West, Dolly Parton and barbara mandrell were all hot stuff on the scene. As time went on, I went towards some pop music, and as a teenager I grew along with the grunge movement (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, etc).

For whatever it matters, I'll be 36 before year's end. I currently listen to mostly rock and roll, which ranges from Hendrix to Foreigner, from Ozzy to Godsmack and Nine Inch Nails to Korn. I will listen to rap and pop as well, though I prefer the "gangsta" era rap such as when Dre and Snoop Dogg first hit the scene. I can listen to older country and some newer country; once in a long while I might even be heard listening to.. classical music. >.> My favorite band all-time is Led Zeppelin. I still think of Kenny Rogers as my favorite country artist, for the work he's done. I could go on more, but that's enough to give the jist.

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Theracen View Post
    Punk:

[COLOR="red"]
    That's not punk That's very pop-punk, similar to Blink-182 a la "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket"

This is punk:

To add to the OP: Where's ska on there?? Or even reggae. Oh well!
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

My bigger confusion there would be that steampunk is apparently a musical genre now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    My bigger confusion there would be that steampunk is apparently a musical genre now.
    /shrug I've heard of it before, but yea it's definitely a strange genre, if you'd even call it a genre. More like indy with punk influences
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

I "like" anything really, but I grew up on rap. My library is 99% rap, so I chose it. I can't even really name artists who aren't rappers except for HUGE people like Taylor Swift. I have quite the library for rap fans though. And it is actually quality stuff (Next to no Lil Wayne, etc).

Chiptune.

Love me some chiptune.
    Since thats not there il vote for Techno i guess....oh wait

Deleted
    I wish I could listen to everything but nothing quite does it for me like metal does

10+ Year Old Account
    Trance,Electro,Techno,Dubstep,RnB. I PREFFER those but I listen to anything
    Howay the lads!