Couple of quick questions.

First off I just hit 100 Smithing and wanted to make my bow legendary but it will only allow me to upgrade it to flawless, what could I be doing wrong?

2nd, I've been freaking trying everything to figure out how to make the huge healing potions. I'm really clueless I guess on how the whole Alchemy 3 ingredients work.

Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Going for stam fixes both of those problems along with talents for less stam for power attacks. I wasnt very fond of Dualweilding until I put a few points into it and noticed it does more damage than 2h.
    You know, maybe I should make a dual wielding character. I've never tried it in Skyrim, but I'd have killed for it in Morrowind. I'd get Skyrim for the PC, just so I can get Trueflame and Hopesfire in the form of a mod lol. DUAL WIELD GOD KILLING SWORDS, COME AT ME BRO!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Is anyone still playing after having beat the game/hit max or nearly max lvl?
    I don't intend to. I restarted my character once (at level 32, didn't enjoy sword/board). Having to redo the Companion questline was torturous - not because I don't enjoy the quest, I just can't bear to do the same quests twice. I'm not an alt person at all.

Now I've done both Thieves Guild and Companions, and I really can't see myself trying to re-learn all the skills and locations again on a new character. I'm far from done though. Still deciding between checking out the college of Winterhold or joining a Civil War faction, which I have a feeling I will immensely enjoy.

If you do reinstall morrowind make sure to get the overhaul 2.0 aswell! It's mindboglingly good

http://morrowindoverhaul.rpgitalia.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    I don't intend to. I restarted my character once (at level 32, didn't enjoy sword/board). Having to redo the Companion questline was torturous - not because I don't enjoy the quest, I just can't bear to do the same quests twice. I'm not an alt person at all.

Now I've done both Thieves Guild and Companions, and I really can't see myself trying to re-learn all the skills and locations again on a new character. I'm far from done though. Still deciding between checking out the college of Winterhold or joining a Civil War faction, which I have a feeling I will immensely enjoy.
    Will you be doing College of Winterhold on your warrior or thief then? I'd rather reroll a mage to do the mage related quest chains rather than do everything on 1 character.. Just doesn't fit the feel you get when doing mage related quests on a warrior..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Will you be doing College of Winterhold on your warrior or thief then? I'd rather reroll a mage to do the mage related quest chains rather than do everything on 1 character.. Just doesn't fit the feel you get when doing mage related quests on a warrior..
    Actually it makes perfect sense. I started as a warrior too, then went thief because it is much more easier to steal than to fight stuff. I was a a light armor, small weapons type of warrior to begin with so it didn't feel strange. Now planning to go to college because obviously illusion is a nice thing to know as a thief and a friend to the thieves guild practically invited me there and even offered to buy my stolen goods when I was in the college:P

It is MSGO, Morrowind sound and graphics overhaul. I've known it from their website so I always use the Overhaul

The new version (2.0) was recently released (around 25/12) and imo it deserves some attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Yep, my 2H, atronach-summoning archer will be my 'do all, see all' character. It's not too bad though because he still uses some magic. But if you play a non-magic character, yeah, it probably breaks immersion a little.

I just prefer to have everything done on one character, then spread them out across multiple characters. I blame WoW and it's character-tied achievements. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had my copy lying unpacked on my desk since Christmas Eve Bought a gaming computer online last sunday, it hasn’t arrived yet -.- Can’t wait to play it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I have had my copy lying unpacked on my desk since Christmas Eve Bought a gaming computer online last sunday, it hasn’t arrived yet -.- Can’t wait to play it!
    Just gives you more time to look up some awsome mods for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    You are in for a treat.

Deleted
    Hiya fellow Skyrim gamers!

I'm usually the guy who'll look things up and try to help others the best I can regarding questions concerning bugs and such, but now I've come across one that I cannot figure out myself, nor find the answer to.

I've made a Breton Mage, who's specialized in Destruction and Conjuration. He's level 18 and has completed Namira, Hircine, Miridia and Molag Bal's Daedric quests (He's generally an evil fella). (POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!) Since the Markarth Prison questline, he helped the Forsworn Escape. He's built up a total of 30.000 in bounty, although it is no longer active (He killed every single guard in Markarth except one before he allowed himself arrested by the last guy). He's not a vampire or werewolf, BUT because of the Namira questline, he's obviously a cannibal. I've noticed that he is considered naturally Hostile by most wanderers and people you encounter on the roads (Even Skooma sellers and Revelers attack him on sight!) and even Hold Guards will sometimes, out of the blue, just spin around after having talked to him/Walked by him and attack with no apparent motive or reason (I.E no bounty in Solitude, but suddenly they turn and attack).

At first, I figured it had something to do with him being a Cannibal, but removing Namira's ring does not seem to fix it. Anyone got a good idea why he'd be regarded to so offensively - and abruptedly - without any clear cause?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    <snip>
    Gave a looksee around the net, and it seems that it is a glitch and you'll have to revert to a previous save. I know the Markarth questline doesn't give you a bounty, you get pardoned either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Gave a looksee around the net, and it seems that it is a glitch and you'll have to revert to a previous save. I know the Markarth questline doesn't give you a bounty, you get pardoned either way.
    Ah well, thanks for your trouble looking it up. I tried aswell and found alot of inconclusive theories but nothing quite evidential of the cause or sollution. But hey, in a way it's kind of amusing. My character is, afterall, an evil and thoroughly dark and hateful character, so it suits him fine that way. It just bothers me a bit as a player that I was unable to find the cause or sollution to the issue.

But atleast you found more than I did regarding the issue. You have my thanks! =D

Is this game worth it? I told my friends not to spoil anything but the dickwads that they are, they spoiled it. If I know how it ends, does it matter?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    (Warning, Minor Spoiler included in this post, read at own risk!)

For anyone who needs a good, gamebreaking laugh:

*Start a new character (Or use an existing character, who has NOT been to Solitude yet!)
    *Make the character a mage-like character with focus on Illusion (Although I realize this is a painful school to level, but stick with me)
    *Find a way to aquire a Scroll of Mayhem (http://www.skyrimwiki.com/Scroll_of_Mayhem)
    *Find a way to aquire the spell Frenzy (http://dev.abridgedskyrim.com/content/spell-tome-frenzy)
    *Head to the - untill now - undiscovered city of Solitude.
    *Attend Rogvirs execution
    *During the execution, get into the center of the gathering (You already know where I'm going with this...)
    *Apply the scroll and cast it.
    *Equip the Illusion spell Frenzy
    *While laughing at the Grand Royale, cast Frenzy on any approaching guards.

= Fun, fun and more fun.

Bonus: Should the executioner be slain by an NPC, he MAY drop the Headman's Axe (Which is rare to aquire)(http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Headsman%27s_Axe)
    Bonus: NPCs, like the Captain or Jaree-ra who may NOT be killed by the Player, MIGHT be killed by the NPC's. This, however, does not apply for a small portion, including the beggar.

Note: The two 'Bonusses' are heavilly relying on specific occourances during the Grand Royale and the outcome from five attempts may vary greatly. I had a save during the execution just before Rogvirs head is cut off and loaded from it 10 times and made exact repeats, all with diffrent outcomes; Yet every single one hillarious to watch.

- Have fun!
    Well I wont be doing this myself but I would REALLY like to see someone's video of this as it sounds hilarious! LOL

So please - anyone out there try this and pop it up on youtube anywhere??
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    combat is borring

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Greatest mod ever.
    Cann you tell me the name of the mod in normal format?? Ipads do not like the way these forums do youtube linking .

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Is this game worth it? I told my friends not to spoil anything but the dickwads that they are, they spoiled it. If I know how it ends, does it matter?
    First off - there are many quests with many endings (including main story line quests) - just because you know the ending to one does not take away from the game IMO because there are so many other quests to do. Many players finish the "main questline" long before they ever finsih the game (even before tehy are half way through).

Secondly - ES games are about the journey - not the end. Ask anyone here who tried to powerlevel their character only be to bored at one-shotting things =D. THis game is about the journey, almost exclusively. It matters very little how any one quest ends IMO.

Thirdly - there will be expansions so...the ending is not the end! =D
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Well I wont be doing this myself but I would REALLY like to see someone's video of this as it sounds hilarious! LOL

So please - anyone out there try this and pop it up on youtube anywhere??
    I did something similar on my first character, and I was giggling non-stop. I found a Scroll of Mayhem - which is Frenzy AoE that affects people in a radius. I went to Riverwood (this was very early in the game and I was just getting used to the game). I attacked a couple of people to make them gather around me, then I used the Scroll. Everyone started attacking everything - even the cows. Amidst the chaos, I went into every house and tried to steal as much as I could - which wasn't much since my carrying capacity sucked. But it was the most entertaining hour I've had in a long time before I bought the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    hello, i'm enjoying skyrim on xbox. i have a couple of questions

Spoilers alert

i recently choose to join the stormcloaks, i already took whiterun and i'm on the process to take falkreach so i'm wondering if i can still become thane of the other cities aside of solitude after i complete the stormcloak quests?
    Velen: I think your God may just be one of our Gods and you just don't know it.
    Tyrande: Well, I think our Goddess may have crafted your Gods in her spare time.
    Velen and Tyrande: ....
    Velen: Yeah, well...I'm just gonna go.
    Tyrande: Bye.
    *Velen starts walking toward the portal back to Exodar*
    Velen: Your grandmother was a Troll, by the way.
    Tyrande: SENTINELS!!!