View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    no its not right. how on earth are u supposed to gear up if ppl keep taking the gear u need and giving it whoever they wish?

do u do this in pugs, in baradin hold for example where u give loot to the best performing players? this is fucking ridiculous. blizzard need to fix this immediately, if a player has a tier item for the spec they are queing as they shud not be getting the roll bonus on the same token.

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    I meant it as general statement not as a response to you in particular.

I haven't played WoW in close to a year but for some reason the crappiest players always seemed to get lucky on the rolls.
    I totally agree with you on this. Like the example I gave earlier back to ya, there was a decently geared mage in ours doing 3k dps. He won the roll on a decent caster trinket, I said something about it in LFR, he told me to fuck off. So I did a vote kick on him and he was gone in an instant, guess others agreed after they saw meters.

Sadly, I firmly believe that LFR is making decent raiders bad raiders. That or making the decent raiders be lazy raiders and totally making others do the work for them for free upgrades, etc.

Deleted
    I voted "yes" for one reason: if op won't win it, someone else will.

There is a huge chance it will be some asshole needing it for disenchant or afk player or a total moron doing less dps than auto attacking melee mage can do. I think such players should get 9001 roll penalty on all rolls.

OP will trade it, so item will get to a good player that will benefit from that item much more than useless dps or disenchanting ninjas.

Deleted
    You don't have the right to determine who gets the loot. In someways I understand that your actions are the result of the roll/Nb4G system not being at all clever, however you really don't have the right to "play GM" and decide.

Everybody should queue for LFR with the attitude "if I win a piece of loot, gratz me, if not, never mind, maybe I will next time", while all too often people take the wrong attitude into the LFR and end up making such a fuss if they don't win a piece of loot that they feel they're entitled to. To the point of harassment; abusive behaviour and down right trolling.

Like I said, I get what you're trying to do, but it's not for you to do and you'll end up giving yourself a VERY bad name in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    I see, well, let's get back into it then.

Aha, that makes more sense. My point is, though, the people who go out of their way to use LFR are players who either don't have enough time, or simply aren't good enough at the game to do regulars. So through this, loot doesn't really matter there. Nobody who's only option is LFR is truly going to keep progressing to the top, anyway. Are you saying that when you walk in with someone you want to give a try-out to, you need on gear to give it to them, or just to anyone in the raid you think is doing best?
    I walk in with a try-out in order to see their performance in the raid. I at this moment in time don't have any more attachment to them than any other member in the raid. They're just there so I can see if they have a basic knowledge of their DPS rotation/Healing priorities WHILE moving around and avoiding basic boss mechanics, Ice Waves, Black Blood, PUSH THE BUTTON, etc etc. Rather than just being able to mash out their highest DPS output while standing still. While I'm inside this LFR, I then see many people who are there, wasting people's time, Autoattacking the boss, asking, rolling their face along the keyboard, etc etc. These are people who will never make it outside of LFR. I don't feel like it's self-righteous to say this. So they do not need the loot. They're still *entitled* to the loot as much as the next guy. This is where I become self-righteous and say I'm going to attempt to give it to someone who is under geared, but has a clear and definite understanding of their class, here to try to get their last tier piece in order to perform in normal or heroic raids at the level they need to.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

i think your wrong for needed on something you already have and this shouldnt be allowed by blizz, it should be an auto-pass. that being said, i completely understand what your doing, nothing i hate more than when a turd wins great loot, that you really could have used and you know he's gonna just waste it. IE: last night on LFR we killed deathwing i pulled 68k dps and gurthlak drops, i was great i need that for my unholy set, warrior wins i inspect him, he has a bunch of good gear, none of it is enchanted or gemmed, i mean none, i look at meters and he pulled 22k how the F--- do you only pull 20k on deathwing? and no he never died, i then looked at the previous bosses and on ultraxion he pulled 9k dps. omfg, i totally understand your point, but its still wrong. lol

I understand.

I totally understand your intentions. I also applaud you for them. There are so many people in LFR who win stuff when they shouldnt because:

• They already have it
    • they want it for their off or off off spec
    • they want it to piss people off
    • they just want the vendor gold

But then again I do take the one guys side -- Even though with your way the person who needs it the most(highest upgrade) should get it - Blizzard has a set roll system and doing such thing is exploiting the system. So yes it is the right thing to do, however it is blizzards game and we should play it at how its designed even if we dont like it.

Blizz should look at this and realize they need to fix things, because you should not be able to win an item if you already have it or are going to use it for off spec. Better system blizz. GO GO GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Siight View Post
    hahahaha, I'm just thinking the ppl with the lowest dps prob need the gear more.

nope they need a brain, seriously 15k was low on 4.1, so my question is what is wrong with ppl doing less with ppl doing less than 20k in dragonsoul? Stealing from the bad and giving to the deserving is justified in this scenario. /thread

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I voted "yes" for one reason: if op won't win it, someone else will.

There is a huge chance it will be some asshole needing it for disenchant or afk player or a total moron doing less dps than auto attacking melee mage can do. I think such players should get 9001 roll penalty on all rolls.

OP will trade it, so item will get to a good player that will benefit from that item much more than useless dps or disenchanting ninjas.
    This is actually a good point. I've seen many people who need on items they already have and end up doing nothing with said item (that I know of) or DE'ing it or using it for their offspec or use the item they won as trade bait for an item that drops off another boss.

Would you rather have these kind of people winning loots or someone like the OP ?

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    no its not right. how on earth are u supposed to gear up if ppl keep taking the gear u need and giving it whoever they wish?

do u do this in pugs, in baradin hold for example where u give loot to the best performing players? this is fucking ridiculous. blizzard need to fix this immediately, if a player has a tier item for the spec they are queing as they shud not be getting the roll bonus on the same token.
    If I form a BH group I make sure to add in 16k Dps or no loot, so yeah I do it.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogetaex View Post
    These are people who will never make it outside of LFR. I don't feel like it's self-righteous to say this. So they do not need the loot. They're still *entitled* to the loot as much as the next guy. This is where I become self-righteous and say I'm going to attempt to give it to someone who is under geared, but has a clear and definite understanding of their class, here to try to get their last tier piece in order to perform in normal or heroic raids at the level they need to.
    See here's where my point comes in. If they have a clear and definite understanding of their class, what are they doing in LFR in the first place? If anything, you should just let them know they shouldn't be wasting their time there, you know?

Deleted
    omg can I just say again he can do what he wants play "loot god" if he wants IF he wins the item it's HIS. If you have an issue with people being able to roll on stuff they don't need/already have whine to Blizzard not the op he didn't make the loot rules.

See here's where my point comes in. If they have a clear and definite understanding of their class, what are they doing in LFR in the first place? If anything, you should just let them know they shouldn't be wasting their time there, you know?
    Trying to get the last piece of tier or the trinket that will give them a 2k+ DPS output which can make or break normal/heroic fights.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    On my Mage and hunter who have all tier already and most other gear from raid. I will need on the items I already have.

If I win such item, I will use recount and determine which person I feel deserves it. Obviously I inspect the person first to see if he's gemmed/enchanted as well.

But normally I give it to the best healer/dps.
    I do the same thing you do, if you want gear earn it by performing. Eventually you have to put your big kid pants on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in most guilds they'll give peices to the lowest dps to increase their dps.

Edit: And people need to remember, you need a minimum of 372 to join LFR, there are PLENTY of people running in the 390's who could still use one or two peices but most likely they're going to blow the 372's out of the water. Going by pure dps or HPS isn't the best way to go about this unless EVERYONE has the same iLvl and it's all an even playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by vellar View Post
    omg can I just say again he can do what he wants play "loot god" if he wants IF he wins the item it's HIS. If you have an issue with people being able to roll on stuff they don't need/already have whine to Blizzard not the op he didn't make the loot rules.
    'Need' is fairly self explanatory. As is 'Greed'.

So what you mean is, Blizzard needs to further change the loot system to stop mouth-breathers like the OP from abusing it? Gotcha.

Keep things civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-01-17 at 05:12 PM.

My bad. I meant not highest upgrade. Even though technically that is a good way at disbursing loot. I meant if a dps piece then dps > tank because yes tanks get the roll bonus for lets say weapons. or caster > healer. Now when it comes to 3 ret pallies, 2 warriors, and a dk rolling on a piece. If one of the pallies already has it, and a warrior is just needing it cause he feels like it or wants to vendor it. THEY SHOULD NOT get the winning roll. It should be left upto the other 2 pallies, warrior, and dk.

I dunno, maybe the fact that there are other people of just as much general worth as you on the planet
    Wow. I can be as liberal as anyone, but I am not deluded enough to believe this is true. Hint: it's a fantasy. Do you honestly believe you have as much worth as say a country's head of state? There are people employed to take bullets for those people you realise?

Besides, this is a game. If somebody is going to rock up and expect to be carried because they're too lazy or they can't be bothered to learn their class or do a daily/profession to earn a bit of gold to gem their gear you can be sure as shit they are not going to have the same worth as other people in that group.

Those who say that the system in place allows someone who is not performing an adequate job, (Doing less than ten thousand DPS, auto attacking, or auto following) to get loot, because they can need on the piece, also need to realize that the system in place also allows someone who's already won a piece of loot to reroll, and do with it what he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Thing is, what if there is more than one competent player, and they all contributed equally for different reasons?

-Mage kicked ass in DPS
    -Druid innervated the healer/battle rezzed the tank twice throughout the run
    -Warlock... wait...

But seriously, if you ever find a decent player in LFR, you should tell them they shouldn't be wasting their time there, not deciding who gets what loot.