Poll: Rewards?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggers View Post
    I'm at 24, but the interest stopped when I saw I'd already unlocked the Fiery Dragon Sword. Anything beyond that is obsolete.
    Yes, but... Fellblade! (Which you have at 23 I think?)

Most important items:
    1) Fiery Dragon Sword
    2) Fellblade

Stygian Reaver

Everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Factions was OK, but I think it's the worst of the holy trinity of prophecies/factions/nightfall.
    The only zones I really liked were the ones in the jade sea. Kaineng got boring after a while.
    The deep was beyond awesome, though. Very intelligent dungeon design.
    Factions wasn't as good as Prophecies, but was still fun.

Nightfall sucked ass. Seriously, everything about it. Story was the lamest, it even retconned the first two a bit, the setting was awful (realm of torment making me want to kill myself in particular... Istan and Vabbi were decent at least), the Paragon is the worst class IMO, Dervish was alright, heroes simply destroyed the game, and I shouldn't even need to say it, but I will: Kormir. EotN was a huge step forward from Nightfall to me. Then again, I'm a huge sucker for Norse themes (hello WotLK/Skyrim), I might have to live in the Shiverpeaks.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-02-03 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Yes, but... Fellblade! (Which you have at 23 I think?)

Most important items:
    1) Fiery Dragon Sword
    2) Fellblade

Stygian Reaver

Everything else.
    The Flameseeker > Rest

Bow for my mighty title.

I can almost taste it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    The Flameseeker > Rest

Bow for my mighty title.

I can almost taste it.
    Legend of the Mists says hi

Just sayin' any Prophecies veteran out there must have 23 points for the almighty Fellblade. But I agree Flameseeker is also the best title (granted the player knows what it means).

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Legend of the Mists says hi

Just sayin' any Prophecies veteran out there must have 23 points for the almighty Fellblade. But I agree Flameseeker is also the best title (granted the player knows what it means).
    Got some fellow veterans/friends who played the game for 5 years and still have <15 points. It's so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Got some fellow veterans/friends who played the game for 5 years and still have <15 points. It's so silly.
    Yep, my one friend barely squeaked by with 26 after some work. He started playing the 2nd to last beta weekend I believe, and was the reason I even gave the game a chance. When I first recovered my account I only had like 7 or 8 simply because I didn't have enough tapestries in my HoM to display them (only completed EotN on 1/10 characters). A few tapestries later I was at 18ish, and close to earning/had enough plat to take it to 30 easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the hands of Balthazar and the cool looking metal bow, i could care less about the rest, too bad both of the things i want are at the end and i only have like 8 points.

Deleted
    I also really like the double-bladed dagger from HoM tbh. And the shield and hammer will also be pretty awesome on a Guardian. The heritage gear might also be useful sometimes, it's looking pretty o.k. imo.

I just got up to 47/50, just need Obsidian armor and Vabbian armor, and i will be at 50/50, not long to go, just need Obsidian Shards for Obsidian, and Ruby/sapphires for Vabbian. got all the gold i need.

25.I'm too lazy(And poor) to grind out the stuff needed for the other 5 points.

Farmed 400 plat during CNY so finally I am starting to get some points. Buying minis for now - 5/8 Devotion and rising.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Farmed 400 plat during CNY so finally I am starting to get some points. Buying minis for now - 5/8 Devotion and rising.
    How on earth? Do tell.

I've been playing for two weeks and have 40plat. *sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    How on earth? Do tell.

I've been playing for two weeks and have 40plat. *sniff*
    It takes 15 minutes to level up new character in factions to lvl 5. It takes 20 minutes to finish 4 quests each with 25 lunar tokens as reward ... that means in 70 minutes you get 200 lunar tokens. 250 lunar tokens sell for 50-80 plat.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

30 without doing any of the post-factions expansion content. Was able to use the fortune I forgot I had amassed 5 years ago to buy my way to 30. Didnt step foot in the nightfall expansion once so wasted some money there. Also got lucky and had all my character slots maxed so tons of minis right off the bat and an EL Shiro tonic I sold for a fortune

Good thing I already had my FoW armor, lucky/unlucky titles, and Rank 9 out of the way from when I used to play.

Was going to try for 40 but immediately lost interest...

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAZGEIAAAAAAA

Just sayin' any Prophecies veteran out there must have 23 points for the almighty Fellblade
    LOL this x1000. I'll never forget being 14 having just bought the game and finding a 14^50 fellblade on eebay for 15$ or something. I've still got that piece of crap sitting on my main
    Last edited by General_Typhus; 2012-02-05 at 10:10 PM.

Guys I feel so pathetic I have like 8 or something. And I stopped playing GW because I feel like getting these HoM are so hard... and it feels like a chore to me which is why I stop playing games. So can anyone help me? Like immensely? I need help even though its probably not that hard. but I have all of the games so I have all the heros but 1... I think. HELP please! thx.
    P.S. I need more Z keys. ha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rated View Post
    Guys I feel so pathetic I have like 8 or something. And I stopped playing GW because I feel like getting these HoM are so hard... and it feels like a chore to me which is why I stop playing games. So can anyone help me? Like immensely? I need help even though its probably not that hard. but I have all of the games so I have all the heros but 1... I think. HELP please! thx.
    P.S. I need more Z keys. ha
    If you don't enjoy playing the game, then everything will feel like a chore and you really shouldn't try it. However, if you enjoy the campaigns then you should at least be able to get 15 points or so by the end of all three. I am still working on it myself (currently got 16 points) and here is how I see it (from a perspective of having all campaigns).

Easy (before level 20)
    • 3 - Bind Account
    • 1 - Any Hero: Mox
    • 1 - Any Minature: Wait until character birthday, buy or get the Unique one.

Easy (level 20)
    • 1 - Any Pet: Just go ranger secondary and get a pet to level 20.
    • 1 - Any Rare pet: Factions has two rare pets. The first is available in Kurzick territory on a specific quest.
    • 2 - 5 companions: Remains of Sahlahja is probably the easiest way to obtain hero armor to reach 5 companions.
    • 1 - 10 companions: Add in one of the other two Nightfall challenge missions and you got yourself 10.
    • 1 - Rare Minature: Get lucky on birthday, or buy a rare, probably Prince Rurik being the cheapest.
    • 1 - Unique minature: Should be easy (haven't done it yet myself) by doing quest to get Black Moa Chick.

Enjoy the game enough to finish campaigns
    • 2 - Any statue: Complete a campaign.
    • 3 - 5 titles: Complete campaigns with bonuses. (although getting all bonuses can be a bit grindy I guess)

Grind
    • 1-2 - 20-30 companions: Grind the remaining hero armors
    • 2-5 - 20-50 minatures: Buy
    • 3 - PvP titles: Grind or Buy
    • 1-7 - 10-40 titles: Grind massively
    • 16 - Grind money and materials (60k + mats per point for the first bunch of points, more latter on)

As such, I would say that you can get 17 points just by finishing the campaigns (with bonuses) and doing a few specific quests. I recommend using wiki.guildwars.com for quests and bonuses and such so you don't have to repeat more than necessary.

The remaining way to 30 HoM is mostly about grinding money and materials. If you get 20 companions (shouldn't be a problem really) and 20 minatures (buy first/second year common) that leaves 10 points on mostly buying Armor and Weapons as the cheapest way. And yes, that is an expensive grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    *pop my collar*

getting past the first 3 points is the toughest, but once you get over 9 things come faster.
    main things to do would be:
    1. get heroes
    2. get skills (elites mainly using capture signets on slain bosses)
    3. make that bread
    4. profit!
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Still only have 3 :/ I have no idea how to get more, and i'm kinda bored in GW1 because there is no one to play with :P
    Last edited by Harnace; 2012-02-06 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    If anyone is interested I also got some sort of guide..
    When you first start playing, just complete campaigns. This will get you heroes, skills and campaign statues. Then go grind the remaining points. You also want to join a guild with an alliance.

Quick guide to 30 points. // when limited campaigns

3 points
    Accounts linked.

5 points
    Beat all 3 campaigns, getting Protector title in at least two of them. // Or get other titles (when limited) for 5 Statues (Full Display).

6 points
    1 rare pet (which gives both that statue and the normal pet statue), M.O.X., and 7 more Heroes. // Other Hero instead of M.O.X. Read note.

5 points
    1 Tormented, Oppressor, and Destroyer weapon. Plus two more of your choice.

6 points
    1 unique, 1 rare miniature, and 28 more miniatures (Cheapest white ones).

5 points
    5 Prestige armor sets. One must be Elite Luxon, Elite Kurzick, Vabbian // Otherwise get 7 Prestige armor sets. (Head gear not required!)

Note: When able to easily get more heroes (with hero armor), get 20 (or when possible 30 companions) and drop 1 (or 2) points from Resilience, Valor or Devotion. This should safe you a considerable amount of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Still only have 3 :/ I have no how to get more, and i'm kinda bored in GW1 because there is no one to play with :P
    you should look into joining a guild. there are many HoM farming guilds out there that you could join, just ask. also the GW wiki is your one stop shop for everything GW related. it's like the most comprehensive gaming wiki i have ever seen. and for builds there is pvxwikia once you join a guild and get your heroes and skills the game really is very enjoyable.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Anyone that's really good @GW could give me a "quick-/easy-mode guide" to get 20pts? http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAATCAAAAAAAAA
    Got a destroyer weapon when I've gained about 10platinum more