Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Forget ilevel, introducing f-level

F stands for facebook, sorry if topic is misleading.

We're going to be getting a facebook score: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/02...tudy?hpt=hp_t3

It can have impact on you getting hired, and who knows what else - conspiracy theories can be endless.

Deleted
    It's starting happening!

i dont have a facebook, i have RL friends phone #'s who needs to stay on that stupid site?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shortly after they opened facebook to the general public (remember when you needed a university e-mail address to even sign up?), I asked them to delete my profile. I have some concerns it might still be there in some form, because, this is facebook we're talking about. I have some friends who have tried to bully me back on. I say no. Never. Not with crap like this. My twitter uses my first name only; any blogs I have do the same. The level of ridiculousness that Facebook has reached disgusts me.

It is entirely possible that employers using this sort of search method have passed me over because they found someone else with my fairly common name and took it for me. Damned if I do, damned if I don't it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Imagine if SWTOR had an Endor's moon themed expansion where the Ewoks played a huge role. I could just see it now, the reactions... "This game sucks! Ewoks are stupid!" "I hate these retarded Ewoks! They have no basis in lore!" "I'm quitting because of Ewoks!"

Deleted
    I hope those companies will automatically hire all ppl who never wasted their time to get their facebook account running. I will be happy about this news then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinz View Post
    i dont have a facebook, i have RL friends phone #'s who needs to stay on that stupid site?
    ^^ This. ^^

In my day we actually wrote real letters with pens and paper.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Good thing i dont have one lets see what they say now and if they tell me to get one they can shove the job up where the sun dont shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    ^^ This. ^^

In my day we actually wrote real letters with pens and paper.
    How dare you use pen and paper to write a letter. In your grand-grandfathers day, they used papyrus with pure ink. Shit was delivered by courier-slaves on horses and not by convenient air-post.

You see what i did there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How dare you use pen and paper to write a letter. In your grand-grandfathers day, they used papyrus with pure ink. Shit was delivered by courier-slaves on horses and not by convenient air-post.

You see what i did there?
    Actually, papyrus went out of use slightly before your grand-grandfathers day.
    You could have mentioned vellum, on the other hand
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Actually, papyrus went out of use slightly before your grand-grandfathers day.
    You could have mentioned vellum, on the other hand
    I was searching for something on google, but papyrus was the only really ancient thing that showed up. Ofc I know that papyrus was used by Egyptians

But you get the point. Facebook is new, thus evil and unnecessary. The world functioned thousands of years without it, it can function thousands of more years without it. Bla bla, yadda yadda.

Use Facebook with a little bit of brain and you won't get in trouble

Deleted
    if you use facebook you'll always have those "oh god why?" moments, either by you or one of your friends taggin you in it.

+ what does it matter what you did 10 years ago for example, people can change. give them a chance and look for his personality.

Mod Edit: No memes, please.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-02-27 at 02:54 PM.

It's not automatic, I wouldn't worry about it. This would never come to fruition, because it takes manual sifting through a person's facebook. And unless you're a complete tool and/or idiot, you really don't have anything to worry about. And if you are a complete tool/idiot, well then, sucks for you.

I'm sure a lot of you didn't actually read the article, nor the article that it linked to about the study.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use my Facebook for really well...anything. And all this article does is tell you how to make your digital face as fake as your real one.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't make sense to me. If someone pulls up my profile it will have my name, my general location, and a list of my friends. That's it. It sounds like this Personality Score would only be applicable to people with public profiles, or if they somehow got full friend access.

I'm not concerned.

I also don't like speculative "news" articles that are riddled with "could this" and "could that."
    --New 'Facebook Personality Score' could figure into job hunting
    --Employer could gain insight into your personality through the content and arrangement of your profile

Shut up about could. It "could" but it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    And unless you're a complete tool and/or idiot, you really don't have anything to worry about.
    Frankly, if a person has submitted themselves as a victim of social media, they already fall into your "have to worry"-category.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha that would be so awful xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, I was hoping F-level was the average amount per day you say the work Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Frankly, if a person has submitted themselves as a victim of social media, they already fall into your "have to worry"-category.
    Oh please, please get over the "facebook iz evul" syndrome that so many MMO-Champion posters share.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Oh please, please get over the "facebook iz evul" syndrome that so many MMO-Champion posters share.
    So you haven't been paying any attention to what Facebook has been doing, have you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    So you haven't been paying any attention to what Facebook has been doing, have you?
    They're no worse than any other company you submit your private information to.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.