19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Hey guys,

It's fine to have a MMOC Guild Wars Guild thread, but if you're going to turn it into another chat thread I have people asking me to close it because of that, since, you know, it's not really the Fun Stuff forum.

I'm pretty sure we don't want that, so let's stay on topic please.

Thanks

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry boub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    hater, my hedge trimmer can be used for things other than sylvari...
    U NO SCARE ME!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Hey guys,

It's fine to have a MMOC Guild Wars Guild thread, but if you're going to turn it into another chat thread I have people asking me to close it because of that, since, you know, it's not really the Fun Stuff forum.

I'm pretty sure we don't want that, so let's stay on topic please.

Thanks
    Considering our section moderators said it was ok for us to chat in this thread as long as it wasn't spam, then with all due respect, since you have nothing to do with our sub-forum community why don't you just mind your own business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like we should get our own chat / vent system set up so we aren't making other guilds jealous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    and what's your nick?^^
    IF you want to play with me/us :P
    xdiamonddustx yours? and what region do you play under?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Considering our section moderators said it was ok for us to chat in this thread as long as it wasn't spam, then with all due respect, since you have nothing to do with our sub-forum community why don't you just mind your own business.
    Admin > Mod > us
    ... >.>

Sounds like we should get our own chat / vent system set up
    Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    so we aren't making other guilds jealous.
    That's all it boils down to. People cried that it was unfair that they had to use the guild recruitment thread while this guild got a special thread.
    Complaining to Admin about off topic in this thread is just another angle for them to get what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this has to do with those two lurkers from a few pages back complaining because this thread was constantly at the top of the page. I think a lot of GMs feel it interferes with the recruitment thread and their ability to get members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Admin > Mod > us
    ... >.>
    No community = no forum

I see his post as a fuck you to what is the friendliest sub-forum on this forum (much of which is a cesspool).

10+ Year Old Account
    No community = no forum

I see his post as a fuck you to what is the friendliest sub-forum on this forum (much of which is a cesspool).
    Especially annoying since there is a 30 page thread full of degrading sexist comments in offtopic that I have reported 3 times still going strong with not a warning from mods.

Deleted
    Stop bitchin before they actually have a valid reason to close this -.-

Sounds like we should get our own chat / vent system set up so we aren't making other guilds jealous.
    It has nothing to do with other guilds, it has something to do with "WHY DO THE GUILD WARS PEOPLE GET THEIR CHAT THREAD AND WE HAVE TO DO IT ON FUN STUFF?".

It's just a matter of consistency, if we allow off-topic discussion on the forums, we have to allow it in every thread, not in "hey look it's a guild named after MMO-Champion they can do whatever the fuck they want".

It's about keeping rules consistent.

Because it's her website perhaps?

Edit: As an addition, The One Thread is a topic used for all general things about Guild Wars 2, we could make a topic about every single thing, or just use the One Thread for them. A bit of chatty business is fine here.
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-04-12 at 01:46 PM.

Well just to get this thread back on track, I'll throw my name in to the Guild list as well! I'll be most likely playing an Asura Elementalist but wont know for sure until after the beta weekend later this month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Stop bitchin before they actually have a valid reason to close this -.-
    Like our actions make any difference whatsoever.

We have played exactly by the rules layed out by our section moderators, and haven't annoyed anyone in our community.
    The someone who is jealous they can't use our community to promote their guild gets pissed off that they can't have their own thread and PMs an Admin. The Admin doesn't consult our section moderators, knows nothing of our sub-forum community, yet expects us to accept his dictatorial changes? No thanks...

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Because it's her website perhaps?
    It's curse gamings website.

And as I said, without the community a forum is nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It has nothing to do with other guilds, it has something to do with "WHY DO THE GUILD WARS PEOPLE GET THEIR CHAT THREAD AND WE HAVE TO DO IT ON FUN STUFF?".

It's just a matter of consistency, if we allow off-topic discussion on the forums, we have to allow it in every thread, not in "hey look it's a guild named after MMO-Champion they can do whatever the fuck they want".

It's about keeping rules consistent.
    That makes more sense. Now for the sake of rules can you PLEASE go shut down this thread. What once was a clean thread about why women are so down on themselves has turned into a bunch of guys posting pictures of women and rating them. I've reported it several times.

Deleted
    Like our actions make any difference whatsoever.

We have played exactly by the rules layed out by our section moderators, and haven't annoyed anyone in our community.
    The someone who is jealous they can't use our community to promote their guild gets pissed off that they can't have their own thread and PMs an Admin. The Admin doesn't consult our section moderators, knows nothing of our sub-forum community, yet expects us to accept his dictatorial changes? No thanks...
    "Changes"? I haven't seen a thread to date where people have been chatting casually for so long and haven't just been told to "Go chat in the chat thread if you want." Honestly, just stop.

That makes more sense. Now for the sake of rules can you PLEASE go shut down this thread. What once was a clean thread about why women are so down on themselves has turned into a bunch of guys posting pictures of women and rating them. I've reported it several times.
    You're telling the chief of police to go handle a bar brawl.

And as I said, without the community a forum is nothing.
    Because we're stopping a community here by saying having the chits and chats in this thread and use generals guild wars 2 stuff in The One Thread?

So I'd advice to cool off a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    "Changes"? I haven't seen a thread to date where people have been chatting casually for so long and haven't just been told to "Go chat in the chat thread if you want." Honestly, just stop.
    As I said: "We have played exactly by the rules layed out by our section moderators, and haven't annoyed anyone in our community."
    This is nothing but people whining that someone has a toy that they don't.

Also, this problem never would of happened if MMO-champion implemented the filter for the front page "recent posts" that they said they were going too.