Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Sheer intelligence and true potential. And kindness. I strongly believe that a (healthy) mass of those can overcome any sort of hard work.
    It's a combination of those and hard work that gets things done.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    It's a combination of those and hard work that gets things done.
    Hard work isn't a necessity. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    currently incarnated as a human on the planet earth
    Sleepy time for me. G'night ponies.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both. --Benjamin Franklin

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheer intelligence and true potential. And kindness. I strongly believe that a (healthy) mass of those can overcome any sort of hard work.
    Well, hard work and persistence is needed, if only to chug through all the calculations and testing needed to make sure nothing fucks up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can guarantee you, even with all those things, any lack of even a portion of hard work won't get the most intelligent and kind person anywhere compared to someone who puts in the work NASA invested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Habit. And the fact that everyone seems interested. And the fact that Twitter's even worse in that regard.

4chan has potential at least. It's very rare, but it's there.

Reddit, on the other hand, has gone down the drain since digg's death, if not before that.
    digg was dead before reddit really took off. digg died out before facebook roflstomped myspace.

Hard work isn't a necessity. Not even close.
    How could you get anything done without hard work?
    [Steam]
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

10+ Year Old Account
    How could you get anything done without hard work?
    I can think of a meteoric number of examples, even without citing myself (which I shouldn't, as, despite the circumstances, I'm probably still too young for that.)

I can think of a meteoric number of examples, even without citing myself (which I shouldn't, as, despite the circumstances, I'm probably still too young for that.)
    I'd like to see some of those examples.
    [Steam]

10+ Year Old Account
    So, your F1 racers don't actually work at anything, right? They are just really smart and have the potential to be great, so they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Afternoon all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see some of those examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    So, your F1 racers don't actually work at anything, right? They are just really smart and have the potential to be great, so they are?
    Dare I say it?

He's the most physically unfit driver on the grid. He's lazy and a drunkard, and he sleeps a lot, even before races. He couldn't practice anywhere near as much as the others, not even at a younger age, because of how cold Finland is (which helped him learn how to drive consistently fast while preserving his tyres). He didn't even have a superlicense when he started racing in F1 because he was "unproven".

And yet he's always been at the top and is one of the greatest drivers of all time. And I'd dare say he's a little underrated, considering he unfairly lost at least two championships. Not only that, but he's just come out of retirement and he's already doing a much better job than the (arguably) greatest driver of all time.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-08-06 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    Afternoon all.
    Hallo there, Sofii.
    [Steam]

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I have more respect for those who have put forth hard work to accomplish something, than people who get things easily due to innate talent or sheer luck. *shrug*
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dare I say it?

He's the most physically unfit driver on the grid. He's lazy and a drunkard, and he sleeps a lot, even before races. He couldn't practice anywhere near as much as the others, not even at a younger age, because of how cold Finland is (which helped him learn how to drive consistently fast while preserving his tyres). He didn't even have a superlicense when he started racing in F1 because he was "unproven".

And yet he's always been at the top and is one of the greatest drivers of all time. And I'd dare say he's a little underrated, considering he unfairly lost at least two championships. Not only that, but he's just come out of retirement and he's already doing a much better job than the (arguably) greatest driver of all time.

Arguably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeXfPJIbeM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Frankly, I have more respect for those who have put forth hard work to accomplish something, than people who get things easily due to innate talent or sheer luck. *shrug*
    Why? If hard work's contributed more to your "rise" than sheer talent and skill then you'll drop off much more quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I concur this. I reckon that if you have to try really hard to get something done, it's more worthwhile then if you just get it because you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the definition of "hard work". I don't take that to only mean "physical". Hard work is just a matter of dedication to whatever it is, as long as it's productive.

Deleted
    Good morning, everypony!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    [IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73568185/dishonor%20famiry.png
    Arguably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeXfPJIbeM
    I only put "arguably" there because someone like Alai or that Mails-Prowers guy would rage if I just flat-out said that Schumacher is the greatest driver of all time.

And two can play that game.