Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    Just adding something i wrote on other toppic, for the RAF with Pandaren monk:

For the Raf on Pandaren, you have to level up till 11,99.

Then Grant level with :
    - lvl 21 ( 11-->21 )
    -lvl 41 ( 21--> 41 )
    - lvl 80 ( 41--> 80 )

To reach level 11.99:
    -know that 11 to 12 requires 7000 exp
    - after healing shien zin stu, the quests will give you 1145 exp ( 850 to speak in the center temple , then you choose the faction, and gain 210 exp speaking to aysa/ji when you reach Orgri/SW , and finally, speaking to Garrosh/King gives you 85 exp )

SO, when you've finished the Shen Zui stu healing quest, and you just have the quest to return at the temple, try to kill mobs to reach 5850 EXP.
    Then : 5850 + 850 +210 + 85 = 6995/7000
    Ig you kill too much monster while questing, just don't finish the - 210 and 85 exp - quest, you will be at SW/Org however
    Is it alright if I add this to the first post? I can see that this would benefit a lot of people to see.

Deleted
    Sure sure, i rushed the zone yesterday for the 4th time just to note the experience given by the quests.

But you should add this to my post:

" Killing ONLY 5 mobs that was not mobs needed for the quests, so, just the MOBS for quest + 5 more, i reached 92% of the level, so be carefull, and don't overkill lots of mobs that are not needed for the quests"

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    Sure sure, i rushed the zone yesterday for the 4th time just to note the experience given by the quests.

But you should add this to my post:

" Killing ONLY 5 mobs that was not mobs needed for the quests, so, just the MOBS for quest + 5 more, i reached 92% of the level, so be carefull, and don't overkill lots of mobs that are not needed for the quests"
    Great. It's been added. Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this!

As a future pandaren monk this is great infos.

Tho as Horde, if you're not in an hurry, you could eventually grind Ragefire with the Raf account to reach 12.9 if you sadly got the lvl 12 while entering Orgrimmar (that's what happenned to me last time i tried)
    Ping - Plumoh & co - Les Sentinelles-EU

Random thought:

Anyone know how DKs work for RAF? Do you start counting granted levels from 55? Or do you get to count your 55 free levels as grantable? Or can you just not RAF from a DK at all? Surely you don't get those 55 levels for free at least...

I was just playing some beta and a few guildmates suggested, that, while monks will receive the +300%ep bonus, they will however not be able to be granted levels. They said Ghostcrawler tweeted this a couple of times. I, however, cannot find anything saying that is true. So what´s the story here?

You start gaining grantable levels starting at 55. So you dont get any free levels >.<

Exclamation Granting levels for monks not working at release?

I was just playing some beta and a few guildmates suggested, that, while monks will receive the +300%ep bonus, they will however not be able to be granted levels. They said Ghostcrawler tweeted this a couple of times. I, however, cannot find anything saying that is true. So what´s the story here?

No idea akato. But there is a blue post saying that they will be able to benefit from RAF. No specifics other then that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akato View Post
    They are wrong. Trust me if they went back on the whole RAF and being able to grant levels to a monk this late in the game before MoP hits you would see it everywhere Monks can still benefit from the 300% increased exp as well as the grantable levels

He actually has a tweet from recently that says he hasn't tweeted about RAF or SOR because he doesn't want to get the details wrong off the top of his head.

Deleted
    If Monks can not be granted level, Blizzard will probably have lots of Judicial problems with amounts of players who bought account JUST because they said Raf would work !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MudKippz View Post
    He actually has a tweet from recently that says he hasn't tweeted about RAF or SOR because he doesn't want to get the details wrong off the top of his head.
    If this is true i wouldn't take this as RAF isn't working but more as, its not something he knows a lot about or has other things he would rather talk about, if he made a tweet saying something along the lines of 'We're re-thinking the situation with RAF and monks' then thats a whole different ball game but honestly its 10 days or so before release and changing their mind now will not go down well with the community seeing as it would just be viewed as a marketing plan to earn more money.

When a company release a statement to their players which requires them to spend money to be able to do so then once they have said it their is literally no way they can change their minds about it, if they did they would risk loosing players as well as a majority of people asking for their money back and create a lot of drama on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by MudKippz View Post
    No idea akato. But there is a blue post saying that they will be able to benefit from RAF. No specifics other then that.
    Well, the benefit of the RAF is that you are able to gain 300% exp bonus while questing with the "friend". The other benefit of it, is that the "friend" account is able to grant levels. So I think that this question has been answered for us in a blue post.

*It is interesting to note though, that as you look back through some of the blue posts, they never directly answer the question about granting levels to a Monk class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalmasca View Post
    Well, the benefit of the RAF is that you are able to gain 300% exp bonus while questing with the "friend". The other benefit of it, is that the "friend" account is able to grant levels. So I think that this question has been answered for us in a blue post.

*It is interesting to note though, that as you look back through some of the blue posts, they never directly answer the question about granting levels to a Monk class.
    You know, you're absolutely right.

It's quite ambiguous, really. They say that monks will benefit from RAFing, which means they can get the 300% xp when linked bonus, but nothing about getting levels.

I think someone should ask this directly on the forums. I don't have my authenticator on me, else I would. So if anyone could kindly ask, it would be really helpful.

For reference: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3820089?page=1

-----

I asked on the forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572447626#1 let's see if I get clarifications.
    Last edited by arisoh; 2012-09-14 at 09:19 PM.

In my opinion there is only one way to see what he wrote.

We're not making any changes to the way RaF bonuses function, which means monks won't be excluded from receiving the benefits of RaF when Mists of Pandaria is released.
    If they arent making any changes at all to how RaF works, then it should be possible to grant levels. And i'm assuming thats how most people see it considering it hasnt been a bigger concern about it.

Just my 2 cents.
    Kamatari - Endy - Liita

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamatari View Post
    In my opinion there is only one way to see what he wrote.

If they arent making any changes at all to how RaF works, then it should be possible to grant levels. And i'm assuming thats how most people see it considering it hasnt been a bigger concern about it.

Just my 2 cents.
    So what was the reason for why SoRing monks to 80 isn't allowed? It can't be a financial decision because had they allowed both SoRing and RAFing, they'd make more money (from returning players as well as the people who'd buy a second account), so that doesn't make sense to me.

I hope that IS the interpretation though.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    So what was the reason for why SoRing monks to 80 isn't allowed? It can't be a financial decision because had they allowed both SoRing and RAFing, they'd make more money (from returning players as well as the people who'd buy a second account), so that doesn't make sense to me.

cause monk class is mop only. scroll of res only grants you to cata.

As Vrakthris says in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...47626?page=1#6, SoR is an instant 1-80 boost, RaF has a prerequisite that someone be done rather than simply click 1 button

I asked for an official yes/no confirmation though as Vrakthris didn't really give one.

EDIT: Yes, you can grant a monk 1-80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post

It was my understanding that with the SOR the character receiving the boost to 80 has to already exist on the account, meaning if an inactive account is getting a SOR for MoP, then logically the account will not have a Monk to boost on it. If they activated the account, upgraded to MoP and made a Monk, the fact that the account is now active makes ineligible to receive a SOR.

If I am wrong and this isn't how it works, then it is probably as others have said. RAF requires at least some effort put in to actually do, where SOR 1 - 80 does not.