Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Psst... pssst.... hey! It seems you have gotten lost and blundered into the Guild Wars 2 section of the forum.
    Now leave us alone :P
    Stupid latest forum posts -.-

Also it wasn't a leave mmochampion. It was leave wow, never return, stop comparing it with wow and just play the game you want rather than having to devalue other games to make your game look better >.<
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-09-20 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by "the same way" you mean exactly opposite

then yes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    That is funny becouse when I do explorable dungeons in GW2 I feel much more pressured than while raiding in WoW. Maybe its becouse I play an engineer and need to juggle my kits constantly but then again other proffessions can swap weapons in combat so that is rather similar. Dodging all the *** that mobs throw at me non-stop while trying to maintain some form of DPS takes from me much more attention and finger twisting than keeping up rotation in WoW raids. Also I believe there is no such thing as "maximize my DPS" in GW2. At least not in a sense known from WoW. It is more about "maximize my survival". As long as you survive the DPS does not matter at all. In vast majority of cases from what I seen.
    I just feel like if you raided, say Heroic Ragnaros, that you wouldn't say this about WoW's combat. You make it sound like in WoW you are literally just standing there with nothing to do. Granted, there hasn't been many gear checks for DPS recently, which they said they are changing going forward, but you make it sound like you're all over the place in GW2 and in WoW you don't move and that's just not the case, specially when factoring in heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    If you've played Gw2, then you will notice you do turn certain items in. Aside from the turn-ins you have to be within a certain distance of the npc in order to complete the quest. Which means you are within eyesight, hence not having to turn it in. From an immersion perspective it does make sense, and lots of it. I just think you're trying to pick an argument for no reason.
    Very rarely a "heart" quest will require a turn in, and there's some events that require turn ins, but not all of them. You could easily level 1-80 without ever doing one of those turn in quests though
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    Hell, I agree with you. But there are thousands of guilds who by the time they go to bed on the 25th, they will be 90... I'm on a relatively small server and even on my server there will be 10+ guilds with multiple dungeon groups farming heroics 20 hours after release. So I just don't think it's fair to compare the two leveling experiences as one is a 7 year old game that is built around giving you a (laughable) hurdle as you reach the next level cap and then partake in more of the focused content. Where as the other gives you that content as you go at the expense of being thin on focused content once that level is reached.

I personally enjoy the WoW experience more as I feel my character got stronger every bit I go (granted I leveled most of the levels before they made leveling as laughable as it is now). In Guild Wars I don't feel that at all. I don't like that I can queue for pvp and instantly have pvp gear. That hitting level 16 doesn't change much from being level 12. I feel like I'm going through the motions in GW2... that's just me personally, though. I am not here to bash on anyone who prefers it. I wish I enjoyed it, more, I just don't. Even with the easy leveling, when I leveled my Druid and DK a few months ago, two classes I vowed to never level, I did it with a end goal in mind: to have and be good with all 4 tanks. That was my goal. When I play Guild Wars 2, my goal is basically to play and figure out why it's not fun to me, while Reddit and this message board is filled with overwhelming positive support of the game, cause at this point I just haven't gotten to a point where anything I have done feels better than WoW. Even the "questing" seems like a different name for the same journey. I might not have a quest hub, but I'm running to stars and doing chores... and that's basically what the game is.
    I guess we just want different things from our games. My schedule doesnt allow for any late night raiding (I am 2 hours ahead of my guild and have to be up at 6am most mornings) so the things that draw you into wow are impossible for me to do. I find that guild wars has exactly what I want, no pressure and no rush to max level.

That is funny becouse when I do explorable dungeons in GW2 I feel much more pressured than while raiding in WoW. Maybe its becouse I play an engineer and need to juggle my kits constantly but then again other proffessions can swap weapons in combat so that is rather similar. Dodging all the *** that mobs throw at me non-stop while trying to maintain some form of DPS takes from me much more attention and finger twisting than keeping up rotation in WoW raids. Also I believe there is no such thing as "maximize my DPS" in GW2. At least not in a sense known from WoW. It is more about "maximize my survival". As long as you survive, the DPS does not matter at all. In vast majority of cases from what I seen.
    Except you can maximize your DPS, and stay alive at the same time. You have to do this in WoW as well...

Effective throughput is doing as much damage as possible without hurting the raid by dying, this is the same in any game
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    I bought guild wars 2 and can't really imagine myself enjoying WoW again. However, the 2 aren't related for me. WoW became unenjoyable on its own.
    I had already quit wow before I got a chance to play GW2. I'll never go back.

Love the open world dynamic questing, not being led around by my nose with linear questing, I can explore and quest anywhere, not having "play dates" set up for me with LFD, I'm making friends to run things with - so naturally the way that happens with the way the game is designed.

Love the world bosses, best most epic dragon fights ever.

Love being able to "jump up there", so much 3D exploration.

The combat is great. I'll never go back to a static rotation combat style. Really enjoying delving into the different builds, so many interesting ways you can set things up. No cookie-cutter nonsense here. I really get excited about this part lol.

Of course the game is gorgeous, it's like playing in a painting. Character customization is the best I've ever seen.

And no sub fee. Can't get over that part. It's simply the best $60 I ever spent.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    I guess we just want different things from our games. My schedule doesnt allow for any late night raiding (I am 2 hours ahead of my guild and have to be up at 6am most mornings) so the things that draw you into wow are impossible for me to do. I find that guild wars has exactly what I want, no pressure and no rush to max level.
    Like I said, I'm glad you're enjoying the game, I wish it was as fun for me... I've pretty much already replaced it with Borderlands 2.

I just feel like if you raided, say Heroic Ragnaros, that you wouldn't say this about WoW's combat. You make it sound like in WoW you are literally just standing there with nothing to do. Granted, there hasn't been many gear checks for DPS recently, which they said they are changing going forward, but you make it sound like you're all over the place in GW2 and in WoW you don't move and that's just not the case, specially when factoring in heroic raiding.
    Agreed. The bosses in GW2 are nothing to write home about. Trash mobs are harder than the bosses.

Regarding the buttons issue that a poster brought up - I miss having a lot of buttons to push as well. I have at most 4 buttons to really use for my ranger. Shortbow is one of the most boring specs to play since it's basically just pure autoattacking.

Actually.. unfortunately I bought GW2 and couldnt stand the game by level 22. Then I tried the sPvP, realized how chaotic and all over the place it was.. had some hopes that I just had to get use to it, and now I wish I didn't waste 60$. GW2 was more disappointing than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (PC).

This is coming from someone who has 10 85s, and very much enjoys the flow and play of games, not just end game. It was just god awful in MY opinion. =\

Dynamic events are just the same old questing system in disguise. The worst part is, WoW at least has quite a few quirky fun quests where GW2 just gave the same disguised repetition consistently. The lore lacked heavily as well.

In the end the worst aspect to me was the near requirement to switch between your weapons on a regular basis due to having such a minimum amount of skills available to you. Just wasn't for me whatsoever.
    Last edited by Recursiv; 2012-09-20 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Say it again in 6 month.

Exploring new world is interesting, questing and leveling is fun, but can this game keep you interested for several years?
    Jeff Kaplans wow could keep u entertained for a long time, current wow I am affraid is very forgettable.

MoP is the 1st wow expansion I won't be buying regardless of whether gw2 or not came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Say it again in 6 month.

Exploring new world is interesting, questing and leveling is fun, but can this game keep you interested for several years?
    While these are all good things, it is the pvp that will keep me hooked for years to come.

Unfortunately I bought Guild Wars 2 as well. I'm looking to sell my account for half the price. It's the worst disappointment I've had with an MMO in my lifetime. I would state reasons but it would take too long.

I will just say this, GW2 might attract people of some taste, but it's definitely not a revolution in the genre.

Cheers to everyone who enjoy and not enjoy the game but do not try to claim theirs are the only opinion.

You make the spectrum too wide. I didnt said in WoW you just stand and do nothing. I said that I feel more pressured while doing things I mentioned in GW2 compared to things I do in WoW raids. You also put up a rather extreme example of HC Ragnaros. Argued to be the hardest encounter in 7 years of WoW raids (I think Ensidia or one of those guilds made such claim). HC Rag does not equal mainting DPS rotation and that is what post I replied to mentioned. You should not account account HC Rag to be your bread and butter WoW activity. And not LFR either. I would say something along the line of guilds slowly but steadily progressing through HC content is a better example.

Quote Originally Posted by Recursiv View Post
    Actually.. unfortunately I bought GW2 and couldnt stand the game by level 22. Then I tried the sPvP, realized how chaotic and all over the place it was.. had some hopes that I just had to get use to it, and now I wish I didn't waste 60$. GW2 was more disappointing than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (PC).

This is coming from someone who has 10 85s, and very much enjoys the flow and play of games, not just end game. It was just god awful in MY opinion. =\
    There is a game where you can get to watch paint dry , they say it's about as fun as doing DS for 9 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    Unfortunately, I bought Guild Wars 2 and can now never imagine myself enjoying WoW again. Anyone else feeling this way?

For me, Guild Wars takes a huge step forward with its gameplay and quest design. Its just far more enjoyable than WoW is atm. Its a similar feeling as when I first bought WoW. Its been 6 years of the same thing over and over again, its nice to have a big change. I highly recommend Guild Wars to anyone who is burned out on WoW in general. In fact, I recommend this game to just about anyone. €50 and no subscription fee is great value.
    We will see in 2 weeks if you will touch the game again LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Except you can maximize your DPS, and stay alive at the same time. You have to do this in WoW as well...

Effective throughput is doing as much damage as possible without hurting the raid by dying, this is the same in any game
    Fair enough. My personal feeling stands. I feel it requires more of my attention to not die in GW2 and do DPS compared to not die and do DPS in WoW. There are some exceptions. Someone mentioned HC Rag. Okay. HC Lich King? Okay. Hell, Cthun was unkillable before they nerfed him. But that is not this kind of content that majority of raiders (notice how I didnt said "casuals") do on a daily basis.

Deleted
    Personally, I think GW2 is a brilliant 'second MMO'. I even think that's what ANet set out to be. This was never something that was going to replace WoW, and it never tried to be. I also think GW2 is great for 'non-MMO' players, just as another game you hop between.

I originally bought GW2 with the idea of playing it along side WoW, but stopped playing WoW anyway and have no interest in going back, regardless of GW2. Far too little, low quality content for the amount of money you throw at it, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    While these are all good things, it is the pvp that will keep me hooked for years to come.
    How? I can log on WoW 1.12 right now, and it feels more polished, with more competitive PvP, and that's about 5 years out of date

GW2 has some cool stuff, but the PvP is a slow, clunky, and awkward disaster

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 05:01 AM ----------

Fair enough. My personal feeling stands. I feel it requires more of my attention to not die in GW2 and do DPS compared to not die and do DPS in WoW. There are some exceptions. Someone mentioned HC Rag. Okay. HC Lich King? Okay. Hell, Cthun was unkillable before they nerfed him. But that is not this kind of content that majority of raiders (notice how I didnt said "casuals") do on a daily basis.
    LFR is harder than Guild Wars 2

GW2 is a fine game, but it's the easiest MMO I've ever played, by far

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post
    We will see in 2 weeks if you will touch the game again LOL
    If you are concerned about well being of WoW I would refrain from posts like this. All they accomplish is antagonizing two communities. I already read several posts stating that "you all will be back in WoW in few weeks". Effect? I considered to try MoP for some time. But since a while my stance changed to "HELL *** NO!". Simple human stubbornness. If you are going to wage war there are going to be casualties on both sides.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    How? I can log on WoW 1.12 right now, and it feels more polished, with more competitive PvP, and that's about 5 years out of date

GW2 has some cool stuff, but the PvP is a slow, clunky, and awkward disaster

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 05:01 AM ----------

LFR is harder than Guild Wars 2

GW2 is a fine game, but it's the easiest MMO I've ever played, by far
    I completly disagree with you. And you have nothing to prove me wrong. Neither do I to prove you wrong. Opinions. This should be EOT.