View Poll Results: How do you think Diablo 3 will fair in 2013 ?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • Diablo 3 will be a better game in 2013

193 47.89%
  • Diablo 3 will be a worse game in 2013

69 17.12%
  • Diablo 3 will remain the same

141 34.99%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Most of it looks good, especially interesting is the affix rolls changes, only thing that really pisses me off with it is the defensive nerfs as they hit you harder the better gear you have and I had my gear devalued twice already from their constant attempts to balance what doesn't need to be balanced.

If I stick around playing it's the last time I'll accept a major devaluing of my gear, probably along with many others as major movements of the goal post it's beyond ridiculous in a game where gear perfection is the major end game activity.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Most of it looks good, especially interesting is the affix rolls changes, only thing that really pisses me off with it is the defensive nerfs as they hit you harder the better gear you have and I had my gear devalued twice already from their constant attempts to balance what doesn't need to be balanced.
    I might be having a stupid moment, but I fail to see how an overall buff to everyone is going to make you any worse with better gear? It just reduces your overall change in effectiveness IF you keep the same abilities compared to someone who had less defensive stats and used the same abilities.

Adding that they are reducing monster damage, you are still getting an overall buff. There's honestly nothing to complain about. You either keep your abilities and are more tanky, or you drop them all for damage abilities and you take the same you did before.

10+ Year Old Account
    If D3 is doing so horribly, why were the 917 open games last night? The number has been increasing lately.

Haters want to chime in? I thought all the haters said TL2 was going to kill D3. . . what happened last night?!
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-09-21 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    If D3 is doing so horribly, why were the 917 open games last night? The number has been increasing lately.

Haters want to chime in? I thought all the haters said TL2 was going to kill D3. . . what happened last night?!
    What point of reference are you using that makes you think 917 is a large number?

Secondly, why does this number matter in the first place? 917 x 4 = 3668. There's only two reasons why you can be interested in this number - and neither of them bode well for the point you're trying to make.

1) You think most games are public. If that's the case, then only a few thousand people are playing the game at any given point in time and D3 is an abysmal failure.

2) You think open games are a reflective measure of all games and never considered the possibility that half as many people played last night as the night before, but more of them pushed the Public Game button.

The reality is that public games are not an indicative measure of anything worthwhile and, even if they were, you'll never have a valid point of reference since Blizzard completely reorganized the way they work a month after launch, making it impossible to compare data now to data then.

Edit:
    D3 is not doing horribly. I've not seen a single person in this forum say that it was. Nor have I read anyone saying "TL2 was going to kill D3". This is not to say that no one has, but rather that it is not prevalent enough that you need to create an open post in reference to something that perhaps one person has said while trying to make it seem like that view is held by many.

Basically, you're trying to make it look like the people who have taken issue with specific parts of the game are predicting doom for the entire franchise. They're not.

I don't know what's wrong with people lately. There's a lot of people in this section of the forums who are arguing against points that no one made or asking loaded questions in the hopes that someone will answer so they can spring their trap. They think they're so clever when they pull these kinds of tricks. But really, it just devalues their arguments because, when you think about it, if they had good points to make, they'd just make them - instead of rerouting the entire discussion.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-21 at 04:09 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

IT won't last forever. The numbers has increase is probably half of them are bots. Who knows. *Shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    What point of reference are you using that makes you think 917 is a large number?

Secondly, why does this number matter in the first place? 917 x 4 = 3668. There's only two reasons why you can be interested in this number - and neither of them bode well for the point you're trying to make.

1) You think most games are public. If that's the case, then only a few thousand people are playing the game at any given point in time and D3 is an abysmal failure.

2) You think open games are a reflective measure of all games and never considered the possibility that half as many people played last night as the night before, but more of them pushed the Public Game button.

The reality is that public games are not an indicative measure of anything worthwhile and, even if they were, you'll never have a valid point of reference since Blizzard completely reorganized the way they work a month after launch, making it impossible to compare data now to data then.
    You have said atleast twice in this thread that players hate D3 and nothing will bring them back. . . they why were the public games in the area of 600 about 3 weeks ago, and last night they were in the 900+ range?

And no, public games are not the majority of games on BNet, blizz has confirmed this. So im not sure what your getting at. Its proof that there are 300 more games on battle net than 3 weeks ago (where 600 to 700 was the norm for about 1.5 months). So your point about people not playing/coming back is a fucking joke. Its that simple.

Sorry, you will have to try much harder.

while some people call diablo's launch bad, some games pray for. thing in the diablo universe have always gotten better over time, so i will keep farming $ on the AH in the hopes of eventually leveling my Auradin!

really? cause at launch I saw almost 3000 at one point...

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 2 was not without flaws at start either. I am really not saying this just to look cool on the internet. I was an avid D2 modder and I was part of Lurkerlounge in early days especially when certain people disassembled Diablo 2's executable in order to find out mechanics. I learned much from this and I learned to modify the rather cryptic and opaque data files correctly thanks to these people. I learned how to tweak drop rates, spell behaviour even add some of my own. Who could honestly state he knew how Diablo's lightning attack really worked. I decked my paladin in +phys. dmg. reduced items just thanks to early data file insight. Anyways yes I tweaked a lot I did not like in vanilla D2 especially the poor state of the (Javelin-)Amazon. They made most of the changes I had to tweak in vanilla for their LoD expansion so my I didn't need to mod files anymore and in addition to that they really uplifted the game as a whole.

I honestly expect them to work hard on improving a lot things they initially did not account for as well even though unfortunately many things cannot be fixed such as the story, their mating of Diablo mechanics with WoW mechanics, their static AH-droprate interdependency, the lack of random map generation. I expect them to introduce gear customization and some sort of character customization though which is what is actually really lacking and which could tone down a lot of the moaning.
    Since they lacked own long-term vision for the game it would not be too wrong to look at what competitors did right, what I would like to see is the random harder dungeon thing which is basically based on customizable dungeon map based on map blueprints you find. Like say there's normal, rare, epic and legendary dungeon maps (very rare), each with own monster set, bonuses and maluses to monsters and players as well as loot parameters.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

You have said atleast twice in this thread that players hate D3 and nothing will bring them back. . . they why were the public games in the area of 600 about 3 weeks ago, and last night they were in the 900+ range?

And no, public games are not the majority of games on BNet, blizz has confirmed this. So im not sure what your getting at. Its proof that there are 300 more games on battle net than 3 weeks ago (where 600 to 700 was the norm for about 1.5 months). So your point about people not playing/coming back is a fucking joke. Its that simple.

Sorry, you will have to try much harder.
    No. Even if we give you the huge leap of faith and assume that someone who can't follow simple logical patterns can manage to run a daily average count without bias (Bwhahahaha... I mean, we'll go with this, but seriously, wtf right?) - your point is still invalid. I'll try to be really really simplistic in my description.

1) Public Game count is only a reflection of how many people pushed the "Make My Game Public" button. That's it. It is in no way reflective of how many people are playing the game. If there were only 3668 people online and they all pushed that button, it would give you the same "data" as if there were 3,668,000 and only 1 in 1000 pushed the button. See, I put "data" in parentheses there because it's not really data.

2) Even if we knew for fact that 1 in 100 (or whatever) people pushed the button and thus were able to get an accurate user count for any given point in time, you will never be able to trend it properly due to the massive changes Blizzard made to public game filling a month after launch.

3) You're still arguing counter to a point that no one made. I'll repost my edit since you likely missed it.

Edit:
    D3 is not doing horribly. I've not seen a single person in this forum say that it was. Nor have I read anyone saying "TL2 was going to kill D3". This is not to say that no one has, but rather that it is not prevalent enough that you need to create an open post in reference to something that perhaps one person has said while trying to make it seem like that view is held by many.

Basically, you're trying to make it look like the people who have taken issue with specific parts of the game are predicting doom for the entire franchise. They're not.

I don't know what's wrong with people lately. There's a lot of people in this section of the forums who are arguing against points that no one made or asking loaded questions in the hopes that someone will bite so they can spring their trap. They think they're so clever when they pull these kinds of tricks. But really, it just devalues their arguments because, when you think about it, if they had good points to make, they'd just make them - instead of rerouting the entire discussion.
    Also, for reference, I've said "significant numbers" every time I've concluded D3 will not have a resurgence. I've even defined what that phrase means. 912 public games does not fit that criteria by any stretch of the imagination. Once again, you argue against a point no one made.

PS - For the record, I don't believe your presented figures in the first place.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-21 at 04:43 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

912 public games does not fit that criteria by any stretch of the imagination. Once again, you argue against a point no one made.

Especially when you consider that figure relative to what it was at launch. 912 is a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Especially when you consider that figure relative to what it was at launch. 912 is a drop in the proverbial bucket.
    Well, that's the thing. You can't compare them to the numbers at launch. Games populated differently then. I think it was around 1.02 where this change came about. I don't recall exactly what was changed, but it caused the number of available games to be drastically different even though the same number of people were pushing the button.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-21 at 04:58 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Games are always overhyped or whatever at launch. Funny thing is that the amount of games was at the same level when they changed the way they show as it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 will keep improving, until it turns out it was created by Diablo itself and sold through Blizzard to earn enough money so he could assault Earth.

Funny thing is that the amount of games was at the same level when they changed the way they show as it is now.
    Haha - I think someone has been hitting the early morning bottle. Because, what that hell?

Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-21 at 05:37 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

It doesn't need to draw players back, they already dropped their $60 on the game. The question should be whether or not it will draw new players in.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Even if we give you the huge leap of faith and assume that someone who can't follow simple logical patterns can manage to run a daily average count without bias (Bwhahahaha... I mean, we'll go with this, but seriously, wtf right?) - your point is still invalid. I'll try to be really really simplistic in my description.

1) Public Game count is only a reflection of how many people pushed the "Make My Game Public" button. That's it. It is in no way reflective of how many people are playing the game. If there were only 3668 people online and they all pushed that button, it would give you the same "data" as if there were 3,668,000 and only 1 in 1000 pushed the button. See, I put "data" in parentheses there because it's not really data.

2) Even if we knew for fact that 1 in 100 (or whatever) people pushed the button and thus were able to get an accurate user count for any given point in time, you will never be able to trend it properly due to the massive changes Blizzard made to public game filling a month after launch.

3) You're still arguing counter to a point that no one made. I'll repost my edit since you likely missed it.

Also, for reference, I've said "significant numbers" every time I've concluded D3 will not have a resurgence. I've even defined what that phrase means. 912 public games does not fit that criteria by any stretch of the imagination. Once again, you argue against a point no one made.

I play D3 nightly, I look at the numbers nightly, just to see what the open BNet games trend look like. And regardless of what you have to say, the trend shows a rise in activity in the past 21 days. Period. I could care less what you believe, im not here to prove anything to you. You said people will not come back to D3. Clearly some have, unless you believe that everyone who plays D3, magically got together in the past 3 or 4 days ~ and all did public games in some conspiracy to undermine your random Blizzard hater post #987327364. Im not sure how much crack I would need to smoke to come to that conclusion, but whatever, Im sure I could afford it.

I didnt mean to hurt your "booty", my bad.

I think that Diablo 3 will take some time to age and refine. It will get better, but that doesn't mean that it will attract the player base that it lost after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I might be having a stupid moment, but I fail to see how an overall buff to everyone is going to make you any worse with better gear? It just reduces your overall change in effectiveness IF you keep the same abilities compared to someone who had less defensive stats and used the same abilities.

Adding that they are reducing monster damage, you are still getting an overall buff. There's honestly nothing to complain about. You either keep your abilities and are more tanky, or you drop them all for damage abilities and you take the same you did before.
    Because I have spent hundreds of millions gearing in the the fact that Force Armor with Prismatic rune increases by a percentage, hence the better values you had to begin with the better effect you got from it. So it is a very valid complaint, especially the better gear you had as it not only diminishes the returns you get by also changes your overall gearing strategy, perhaps I could have spend half or more of what I spent on my current gear getting much more dps instead of armor that will lose more than half it's value to me after the patch.

You see I don't get the choice in just keeping my build or go a higher dps route, I geared enough to do both, I have 100k+ dps with 1100+ AR and 7k+ armor before I push Archon, hence extremely expensive but well worth it pre patch, after I might as well have aimed for 250k+ raw dps and not worry to much about defense, quite different.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-09-21 at 06:55 PM.

You said people will not come back to D3.
    You're right. I'll go back and edit out all the places where I said that. Oh wait... There aren't any.

Seriosuly dude, argue against something someone actually said for once instead of making shit up all the time.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-21 at 07:20 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>