Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I bought some in TBC... But I suppose I had different reasons than most, I simply wanted to try if it works, nothing else . Only 500g too. I didn't even need the gold, I actually hid my gold in the GB so they don't steal it if something happens.

Deleted
    No, can't seem to get rid of my gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    No i never have. I know a fair few people that were buying it in Vanilla for the simple fact it was so hard to make. My cousin paid $600 for a decked out rogue in Vanilla as well lol.

I did pay for a transfer for some gold for a long time guildy.
    Aye mate

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me personally? No. I know people who have. I introduced one of my ex's to WoW when we were together and they bought gold all the time though. I know at least one of the people on my RealID friends list does and I know that at least one raiding guild I've been in bought gold to gear up members faster when a new tier of raiding started.

I don't buy gold and I don't condone buying gold, but I understand it. I'm pretty much always poor in WoW - I don't feel like farming gold is worth the effort it takes as it's not an enjoyable and I'm paying $15/mo to have fun. Looking at what I could buy with gold it's not really worth the extra effort. However if someone was fairly excited about something they could buy I could totally see why they would buy gold rather than farm it or play with the AH. I think the simplicity of making gold on the AH is vastly overstated in the community. Aside from two people that I know play legitimately all the other people I've known that have been super wealthy in WoW have either gotten lucky with rare patterns or bought stupidly large amounts of gold. Blizzard recently said something to the effect of people with over 30,000g are a very very small minority, but to read these forums everyone is apparently a millionaire.

Would I ever buy gold? I want to say no, because right now I don't take the game very seriously, there isn't anything to spend even the meager amount of gold that I have on, and I can't imagine either of those things will change. If they did though? Still probably not, because I know of the negative impact it has on other players. However I don't fault people that do, I mean hey if your time that would be spent making gold is more valuable than the price of gold and you don't have any moral problems with it, whatever.

Yes I have multiple times and I will continue to if I believe something is warranted buying the gold. I've been playing the game on and off since release. I work 50+ hours a week so if I want to buy gold I'll go ahead and buy it. I also don't feel ashamed if it does come from hacked accounts or not. You can just get it back and maybe a little extra too. With people who have very little time to play the AH or farming, I'd take spending $ on 30k that comes to you in 15 minutes rather than farming for a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    :3 Never have never will.

Made by the fabulous i4ni <3

No, i did sell some excess i had tho. Some to guying buying for resale and some to people i know, nothing major.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    never bought, have sold and traded for gametime.

Never bought from any sites, i either buy from guildmates or sell time cards

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    Yes I have multiple times and I will continue to if I believe something is warranted buying the gold. I've been playing the game on and off since release. I work 50+ hours a week so if I want to buy gold I'll go ahead and buy it. I also don't feel ashamed if it does come from hacked accounts or not. You can just get it back and maybe a little extra too. With people who have very little time to play the AH or farming, I'd take spending $ on 30k that comes to you in 15 minutes rather than farming for a week.
    I hope you have you're account stolen. So you're basicly fine with Blizzard coustomeer support spending there time on security theft, when they could try lower ticket times on other things instead.

Also, if you cant handle sertain aspects off a game inn you're own time-frame, then acept that. I didn't for instance raid for many long periods of time in wow during all my years, cause I was unable to. Its basicly the same for you people who find it aceptable to buy gold "cause I dont wanna spend time"

I bet you guys litter on the ground, parks etc aswell, cause it takes 10 secounds to find a dumpster :& So impatient. Gold making is as much the journey, as it is the end. Oh, and if anyone wants some gold tips on useal JC-shuffling just go to pretty much any thread on trade forums...He'll, you dont even have to use shuffle...so many options. I promise anyone inn this thread that AH playing is so simple, I could teach my small sisters to do it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Maerran View Post
    No, can't seem to get rid of my gold.
    This, I've spent over 200k in MOP so far for mounts for me and the other officers in my guild, as well as another 50-100k for enchants and other things that I'm too lazy to do the dailies for on my own professions, and I have about 100k more then I started MOP with. I do a 10-15 minutes of AH a day, somedays I do none, and then about 2 hours of profession work once a week.

If it wasn't for the negative impacts it has on other people, I would only think gold-buyers/botters are lazy and dumb, but since it does have an impact on others it is extremely selfish and wish that blizzards detection methods were much more effective.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Also, I will promptly report anyone I know buying gold.
    Lol. That is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Never done it, never will..
    I have, however, been "hacked" once, so I havefirst hand experience with, where the gold sellers get their gold from..

Also, I will promptly report anyone I know buying gold.
    Yes because all goldsellers get their gold that way!
    and well as for you reporting players for buying gold is pretty normal! i'd do it too if i didnt bought gold myself

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why on earth would I give a site that steals accounts in order to sell something they do not own my credit card number? Do people actually not understand they are giving thieves another source of income when they do so?
    Not all gold selling websites use malicious tactics to acquire their gold. A lot of the top sites will actually just buy gold at a reduced price from players on that server. My friend used to sell blocks of 100k gold at a time to a website every month. Was the way he continued to play WoW. Not saying it's a good thing to support them because it is clearly against the TOS, just letting you know that some websites will come across gold by other means.

Yes I did during TBH when I was a total newb. I was on my first job back then, and gold was so cheap that instead of spending one hour farming 1/8th of the gold, compared to how much gold I could buy for an hour of physical work, it was so much more worth it to buy gold with real cash.

Needless to say my account got promptly banned, oh well, no major loss, haven't done it since - been tempted to, but then I look at prices & just go... 'Hmm.... no...'

Yes i did buy gold, gold ore from the ah when I needed to make my enchanting rod
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Deleted
    No. Making gold's not hard, so I've always seen it as a waste of money.

Not to mention all of the bad stuff that comes with gold sellers (ie, where they get that gold from).

Yep, been an active gold buyer since Vanilla. Prolly purchased over 300k in gold since back then. Have never been caught, hacked. prolly never will. Been buying from the same website since vanilla. Lately, Ive been buying less and less but thats prolly cause i'm playing less this expansion since I'm not liking it much.
    Last edited by bigdubs; 2012-11-12 at 10:28 PM.

i did buy gold back in TBC it was a mistake and im just glad i did it on an alt. everytime i logged onto that alts i had 2-3 pages of mail from goldsellers, and was constantly spammed with tells from them wanting me to buy again. wouldn't ever do it again.

Deleted
    Yes, tons of times.

If you go by Cata gold prices i had to work one real life hour for 30k gold, work i would've done anyway.
    Earning the gold ingame just does not compare.

Never hacked, never banned, never any problems.

Think it goes like this:
    Nolife in Classic -> no Gold bought
    BC -> 5k
    WOTLK -> 30k
    Cata -> 150k

All in several smaller ammounts.
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-11-12 at 10:32 PM.