Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    yeah I fully support that. All these whiners are just attention whores anyway.

I like it when they bite back at appropriate things.
    When the 1001230103013th "BOTS R BAD AND BLIZZ SUK" thread is opened, I don't mind them returning some of the bile.
    When the "I have kids and 9 level 90s" guy was told, I like that too.
    If they start doing it inappropriately, it could be bad, but so far, all they're doing is giving babbies some of their own vitriol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that they take the time and respond period. What other large compnay would do this? And the responses that are mildly sarcastic I find down to earth and real. Not the normal, "We are sorry you are unhappy, please let us know how we can do our jobs better for you." bullshit.

Yay Blizz for having the balls

I got banned so i don't support them. Blues at Blizzard are just encouraging their zealous fanboys.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/leowakelin

Remember when this guy was trolling people on facebook and calling the original creator of Diablo "loser who makes fecal matter games"...

Blizzard's responses are so often unproductive and disrespectful that I feel they're producing the results that they are now vilifying. For a long time, people would post well thought out, intelligent complaints on the forums, and be met with silence or worse. Those people, as far as I can see, have given up, and all that's left is awful QQ about every angle of every topic. For example, upon the announcement of LFR, there were countless threads created with complaints and alternative solutions. Not a single one was listened to, many were locked or deleted, and today we're left with the same LFR that a significant amount of the playerbase hates. As they say, its not design by democracy, but they need to stop pretending that they're trying to make people happy, because they arent.

I do quite enjoy when a blue owns the QQers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    I like that they take the time and respond period. What other large compnay would do this?
    Most of the other game communities don't employ that many CMs, let alone have such a staff that has the time to post. If I saw Smokejumper post as frequently as the Blizzard blues, I know he's not working on the game.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I got banned so i don't support them. Blues at Blizzard are just encouraging their zealous fanboys.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/leowakelin

Remember when this guy was trolling people on facebook and calling the original creator of Diablo "loser who makes fecal matter games"...
    Sorry, but the "fanboy" thing is sheer crap. During Cataclysm I was regularly on the forums offering critical feedback about how WOW had turned into a lobby game, how you never saw anyone in "the wild", how Cata took control of your character out of your hands too much with poinless cutscenes, how Cata featured so many quests where the player was basically a spectator or had one button to mash in a vehicle with ten billion health, and how the questing experience was so linear and phased that it felt like a Disneyland dark ride on rails rather than a living world. I HATED Cataclysm and what it did to the game and I was quite happy to post about it on a regular basis with my thoughts on what needed to happen to undo the damage. The only difference was I didn't spout hyperbole about "WoW dying" etc.

Pretty much all of my complaints were addressed with MoP. I'm very happy with it. I enjoy the dailies, but wouldn't want to do all of them every day - so I don't. I'm in no hurry to level, just taking my time to enjoy myself with my single 90 and the rest of my level 85s (of which I have eleven over two accounts) are now all between 85 and 87.

So, why am I a "fanboy" because I'm really thrilled with MOP? I was willing to voice my considerable distaste for Cata. It just doesn't add up.

The problem WOW has got right now is that the last couple of expansions has bred a new strain of "raiders" who aren't really too interested in the rest of the world. Remember the AQ gates serverwide grind? Remember Having to compete with 50 other guilds for NR gear from World Dragons. Remember Throrium Brotherhood rep for all the FR gear for MC? Remember the Sunwell? (sorry, had to throw that in there).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    While it is new, refreshing and soap opera material when devs "biting back" at forum QQ, I still somehow have the feeling they are disrespecting the customer.

I wonder about something: why is it acceptable for us that a customer should complain about a defective car, bad hotel conditions, a rude waiter, lousy internet connections to the ISP, but when it comes to video games, the general reaction is to tell the complainer to STFU and to mock him?
    Interesting.
    A defective car is potentially dangerous. Bad hotel conditions generally implies that your bed has piss in it, the sink has roaches or the whole room smells like cigarettes. A "defective" video game generally implies that the user has:

a) found a bug
    b)demanded a feature that used to exist and is no longer relevant
    c)demanded a feature that never existed but would radically change the game and cost the company profits
    d)made a relevant suggestion (approximately .0001% of all forum posts fall into category d).

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    For example, upon the announcement of LFR, there were countless threads created with complaints and alternative solutions. Not a single one was listened to, many were locked or deleted, and today we're left with the same LFR that a significant amount of the playerbase hates. As they say, its not design by democracy, but they need to stop pretending that they're trying to make people happy, because they arent.
    What is wrong with LFR ? And what can they do to make it better ?

Personally, I don't understand in the lesat all this crying about "Not seeing anything" when bosses die. I have gotten loot on multiple toons and so I know loot does drop. Before LFR, I raided and have 13 Ragnaros kills and never saw the Mace drop once on any toon. Should I complain to Blizzard that their RNG system needs to change based on the number of times I don't get what I want ?

Look at all the complaints about how the Elder charms are useless, even though I got a 496 helm and Tier pants with mine. In short,there is tons of crying because people are basically expecting 100% loot drops and not getting it.

Does it suck when LFR gives me the same Chest piece 2 weeks in a row? Sure does! Is that better than having half guild runs come in and snag up loot and give to their guildmates ? is it better than having to compete against everyone's offspec ? Is it better than getting 10 whispers from people wanting you to give them the item you just won because they "need" it more? Yes, it's 100 times better than the previous system. So they did take the feedback that actually mattered and that they could control and they did improve on it. I suspect half the complainers are the people who use to game the system and now can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Anybody else find it refreshing and humorous that the devs are biting back at the QQ? Especially as an EU player where we simply get robotic devs on our WoW forums.
    Admitidly its amusing how "hurt" they seem to be when opinions don't match their ideals, would be a laugh watching them handle face to face customer care (where your names out there, not hiding behind a "handle")

I'm impartial though, don't really care I just read the forums occasionly for the class mechanic/number crunch discussions when winding down for the day

I love seeing those annoying QQ'ers get shut down by Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What is wrong with LFR ? And what can they do to make it better ?

Personally, I don't understand in the lesat all this crying about "Not seeing anything" when bosses die. I have gotten loot on multiple toons and so I know loot does drop. Before LFR, I raided and have 13 Ragnaros kills and never saw the Mace drop once on any toon. Should I complain to Blizzard that their RNG system needs to change based on the number of times I don't get what I want ?

Look at all the complaints about how the Elder charms are useless, even though I got a 496 helm and Tier pants with mine. In short,there is tons of crying because people are basically expecting 100% loot drops and not getting it.

Does it suck when LFR gives me the same Chest piece 2 weeks in a row? Sure does! Is that better than having half guild runs come in and snag up loot and give to their guildmates ? is it better than having to compete against everyone's offspec ? Is it better than getting 10 whispers from people wanting you to give them the item you just won because they "need" it more? Yes, it's 100 times better than the previous system. So they did take the feedback that actually mattered and that they could control and they did improve on it. I suspect half the complainers are the people who use to game the system and now can't.

I just really wanted to say I loved this post Read it, learn it, memorize it, the point is that clearly made

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemspy View Post
    Sorry, but the "fanboy" thing is sheer crap.
    Nope.

I didn't post threads of WoW dying. I posted and commented and suggested many things to improve the game.

But it just takes some really nasty trolls on a campaign to get you banned there. So what's left is a mob of like minded. The results are they're going on a PR campaign of their own, and God forbid what WoW will become with that troupe.

So enjoy what you can by gaming the system, but as EQ/EQ2 has shown, when these buttholes take charge the game will sink. Nasty, nasty, nasty turf guarders.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Blizzard's responses are so often unproductive and disrespectful that I feel they're producing the results that they are now vilifying. For a long time, people would post well thought out, intelligent complaints on the forums, and be met with silence or worse. Those people, as far as I can see, have given up, and all that's left is awful QQ about every angle of every topic. For example, upon the announcement of LFR, there were countless threads created with complaints and alternative solutions. Not a single one was listened to, many were locked or deleted, and today we're left with the same LFR that a significant amount of the playerbase hates. As they say, its not design by democracy, but they need to stop pretending that they're trying to make people happy, because they arent.
    I don't see the problem with them locking threads when there are already a ton of threads going on that same topic. If there are 5 threads on the same topic already you lock or merge the smaller threads and direct people to post in the largest thread. That is part of any Mods job no matter what type of forum that you go to. And no matter what you may believe it is in Blizzards best interest to make the players happy, happy players = paying customers. Now I did not say make all the players happy but they are are making most of the players happy and that is their goal.

As for alternative solutions that the players give very rarely are those solutions good or fair. If you look at the alternative solutions that people come up with on here you will see they only are for the good of a small percent of the player base and would make the larger percent of the player base unhappy. Just look at cata and the all the crying people did to make dungeons harder than in wotlk, they listened to the player base and we know what happened with that. Just because advice was given on the boards but was not taken does not mean that the advice was not listened to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game balance issues and bug/exploit reports should get more attention than the "state of the game" qq threads. I'm no rallying proponent of Blizzard business practices or their customer service team, but the way blues have handled the MoP shitstorm of butthurt has been entertaining.

And yes, the issues of lfr (being 'mandatory' lulz), its loot system, sha and galleon, dailies, rep & valor grinding, bmah, and botting (particularly bg botting) are hot-button. The botting issue and bmah 'morality' concerns I generally pay heed to, but the other issues seem to endlessly spawn malcontents with weak arguments whose only goal is to shitpost hard enough to elicit a blue response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Now only thing they need is to get the normal/heroic raiders to hog up the loot in their raids, before they trash LFR to where it's worthless (and Blizzard being such a dupe to give it to them on a silver platter, too).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer Blizzard employees post constructively like they tell everyone to do, but they've lowered their standards to those complaining and have a blue clown running around with his head cutoff, drowning boats with his clown car from Twisted Metal. Yet nothing is getting accomplished.

Deleted
    That's a mature attitude

calling the original creator of Diablo "loser who makes fecal matter games"...
    Well, he does. But truth hurts I guess.