Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    I'm failing to how this game is a "failure" it sounds like you didn't like it so it's a failure?

Aion had/has a lot going for it. The game is an NCsoft which is notorious korean thus the grind. Comparing the Aion grind to Everquest is also not accurate at all. Everquest was far worse. Did you even play Everquest or did you give up on that game 30 levels in too?

Considering you stopped playing at level 30, you really have almost 0 basis on flying combat as you would have hardly done any of it at all. Combat Flying at 30 is barely possible considering the low amount of flight time you have available to you at 30.

I don't mean to flame but a pet peeve of mine is people offering up their opinions based on the microscopical amount of knowledge they have on a subject.

Oh and as someone that actually did play the game passed 30 and someone who played a melee, you could in fact kill a ranged/caster quite easily if you weren't terrible. The burst melee classes have makes up for the range advantage casters/rangers had. In fact I destroyed casters on a daily basis on my Gladiator.

So please, just because you didn't like a game and weren't good at it, don't make it off to be a "failure". The game still has a solid player base and the game is quite fun. I still play it from time to time now that it's F2P.
    aion was pure success, they hit what, 4,000,000 subs? kids today couldn't identify a failure if they woke up in bed with it

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    From games I've actually played.

Swtor and DIablo III had so little replay value or reason to continue on, I haven't played since getting to 50 (and a few weeks of bg's after that which was pretty enjoyable actually) and clearing Hell. I started Inferno, and I just never really wanted to finish it, it wasn't the difficulty, my character was fine and I didn't really have trouble. It was just the same exact thing.

I absolutely hated Oblivion, I don't understand why people like it so much, I never felt like I was doing anything. The controls are awkward. I'm sure it getsgot better later on, but it just wasn't for me.
    console or PC version?

most bethesda games aren't great without mods. they make the game KNOWING someone will mod it and produce free content that others will love. it's been that way since morrowind. oblivion with mods on PC is a great game. it wasn't so fun on 360, missing a lot of fixes, gameplay tweaks, content, etc

Yeah, aside from a few gems that people that actually got what the topic about, this is pretty much a "I'm going to put this game that doesn't deserve it but I don't like it" thread.

Daikiana or whatever
    ET
    I'll put ToR as a recent one though as I'm pretty sure the consensus is that it crashed horrible after much hypedness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Can be either MMO(entire game or an expansion), console, just anything that was supposed to be good that you bought and it totally sucked.

1. Diablo 3
    I never played D2... So when Blizzard said I could get D3 for free with the annual pass I figured what the hell Im not quitting WoW anytime soon and did.

3. Aion
    Graphics looked awesome is the only reason I bought it.

I can understand the TOR issue. The only downside to faction-based mmo's is that gamers are sheep, and will flock to the same side. Which in turn defeats the purpose of a faction-based mmorpg. Doesnt help that it was star wars, so by default everyone wants to be sith.

But as for these two... I think you need to look at these and reassess your reasoning for purchasing video games, because 1.) you bought a 3rd installment of a game without ever playing the previous ones and 2.) you bought a game on visuals only.

but my 3 biggest failures: (I only have one)

Gran Turismo 5 - loved that series and wanted to see it evolve, but its been the same since GT3. What's worse is that 3/4 of the car list is ported over from the PS2 and it took 1yr to fix the graphic downgrades and even then it is not on par with the rest of the game. Don't even get my started on the sound.... that should be considered a war crime against automobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    So I guess almost everyone can at least agree that D3 and SW:ToR sucked lol.
    D3 doesn't suck, patch 1.04 and 1.05 made it a lot better. I'm updating SW:ToR again now that it's F2p, quite enjoyed it but didn't have the money to pay for WoW and that back then.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    1 Viable class at launch is just whining bollox that has no meaning or truth. Horrible drop rates has no meaning or truth beyond a personal whine, Infact to be honest pretty much all you said is a load of bollox that franky anyone could say about any game if they were in the mood for whining.

The facts are that Diablo 3 was the fastest selling PC game of all time, and a game that hosts a very healthy playerbase and has been extremely financially successful. Being overhyped or not living up to everyones (far too high in most cases) expectations does not qualify for calling one of the most successful games of the year as being a "top 3 biggest failure".

Diablo 3 has been anything but a failure, even if your personal opinion of the game is low, it has been a massive massive success.
    Without Diablo II the Diablo III would have been a disaster. It's simply riding on the success of
    Diablo II.

Short term, Success.
    Long term, Failure.

Sold a ton because of Diablo II but killed the franchise for a ton of people.

Warhammer Online
    SWTOR
    AION

I think for the sheer amount of money they spent, SWTOR needs to be #1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have to say...

1. Tabula Rasa - Even the developer gave up on it.
    2. APB - Killed the developer.
    3. Vanguard - Pretty much killed the developer.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I think for the sheer amount of money they spent, SWTOR needs to be #1.
    If you want to go development dollars spent compared to revenue route, then TOR is probably number one by a large margin.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-19 at 08:44 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    1. SWTOR
    2. Mass Effect 2 & 3
    3. Mists of Pandaria... Just kidding, haha. Number three. Everything Call of Duty did after CoD: 4 MW.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Final Fantasy series since FF10 has been (at least in my eyes) an unmitigated disaster.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Without Diablo II the Diablo III would have been a disaster. It's simply riding on the success of
    Diablo II.

Short term, Success.
    Long term, Failure.

Majority of people who played Diablo 3 did not play Diablo 2, so this does not add up. Also, the vocal minority of hardcores who like to whine on the forums don't represent the majority of people who bought the game, I know a load of people who bought, played and enjoyed Diablo 3 that have never been so far as to have even come across a gaming forum, let alone one like this dedicated to blizzard games with the most vocal and hardcore players on the internet.

I thought Diablo 3 was a great game, enjoyed it a lot, i havent played it for months but that doesnt mean I didnt enjoy it. Diablo 3 expansion pack will sell on a massive scale, just like all blizzard games do.

Very vocal players on forums pop up screaming and whining about pretty much every single game that gets released, regardless of how successful those games are, those people are always there, every single time.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-11-19 at 08:52 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Diablo 3 is the best video game I played in the last 3 years.

Everyone should play it now since patch 1.05. Monster Power play 1 to 10 and an incredible good grinding quest for the one Ring.

It surpassed WoW with ease in online playing sessions.

Btw: the public games number (changed in patch 1.03) is only for NEW public games forming since patch 1.03. Solo games, private games AND full public games are not even included.

The 600 to 800 public number (since patch 1.03) is ONLY for new games forming who don't have 4 players yet... You can compare it with new dungeon forming queues in WoW...awesome number because every region is assembled on one server cluster.

Learn to Study the latest development notes and read about them before posting half lies and non facts.

Rest of the OP is history that already is LONG passed its expire date since patches 1.04 and 1.05.

diablo 3 is third most played RPG on Xfire. So a LOT of players play it. More than anyone think.

Sorry OP: you simply trash talked without substance and the latest developments.

I hate that people trash talk without facts and think their non informed opinion is world truth.

Disgusting actually.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-19 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    What this guy said. Diablo III killed the series for me and I told my friends how much of a letdown that game was and to try better ARPGs like Torchlight.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Final Fantasy XIV.
    Daikatana.
    Duke Nukem Forever.

Deleted
    Gears of War 2
    Halo Reach
    Aion

Wait. Gaming failures, and people are mentioning really popular and massively selling titles? Get over yourselves. Failure =/= you don't like it.

Two of the biggest failures EVER are ET and Daikatana. No arguing, those are facts.

The third one is up for debate, but its probably Pac Man for the Atari - a failure not in gaming, but in business sense, where you make twice as many game copies as you've sold consoles and then wonder why you can't sell them all off and have your company collapse around you.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freeforumuser View Post
    The closest thing IMO would be Oblivion, everything was so lazy and sloppily done.
    The Elders Scroll VI: Oblivion ? that oblivion ? the most likely greatest game of its age oblivion ? You must be deluded, dunno if u played skyrim, but its nothing compared to oblivion for its time.

And ppl saying Diablo 3 was a failure baffles me, its easily one of the greatest titles released this year.

And its not fair to talk about MMO failures imo, ive seen every MMO after WoW been mentioned on this forum, i've only played Age of Conan, and while it wasnt horrible per say, it didnt live up to its hype, but i seem to understand that no MMO after WoW has ever lived up to its name.

And i see ppl mentioning Duke Nukem as a failure and being surprised by it... Seriously, what did u expect ? i played the first playstation version and... I cant see why anyone can be dissapointed by something that i thought everyone knew was gonna suck.

I have never actually been dissapointed by a game now that i think of it, might be because i dont buy everything that i get my eyes on or that is hyped up a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

I LOL'ed at the OP. Specially because I agree wholehearted with his opinion on Diablo 3.

I loved Diablo 2, I even had played it a bit before Diablo 3 launched, and honestly, if somebody told me D3 was so bad, I would not have believed it if I hadn't played that shit myself.

How can someone ruin the DIABLO franchise?? Probably the only power on Earth that could make me quit WoW??

Well, Blizzard did it.

As the OP, I also chose a Monk as my first character. And to think I was in doubt between the Monk and the Demon Hunter... Oh, how much pain would I have avoided. After I got into Inferno, the only way I was able to gear up was through money and AH farming. I couldn't kill anything, elites would enrage if I kited them too long, if I didn't kite I would die to even minor mistakes.

Diablo 3 was so bad that I was only able to play it for 2 weeks. I was exhausted with Cataclysm, which honestly was bad, and D3 gave me incentive to go back and finish the content.

People say it is better now, with the Paragon system, but honestly, I just can't make myself log in into that pile of crap anymore. If someday I feel like playing a hack and slash, I will reinstall Bastion or even D2 again, and level an overpowered Necromancer, just to forget the horrors that monk in D3 caused to me.
    Last edited by Madruga; 2012-11-19 at 09:11 PM.

In no particular order, the top 3 that comes to mind is Vanguard, Warhammer, and Swotor.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-11-19 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freeforumuser View Post
    I won't call D3 a failure though, at least Blizzard patched away most of the godawful gameplay problems pretty swiftly with 1.04.

The closest thing IMO would be Oblivion, everything was so lazy and sloppily done.
    This thread got that stupid this quick? /facepalm. One thing to take from this thread.....gamers don't know shit about games.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion