Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    "LFR loot problems" would be solved if LFR was just removed.

I think the fact that LFR even awards loot at all is too much of a hand out as it is.
    Really? Are we going there again? Have you even read the last few pages of the thread?

Deleted
    I really love how he's tooting his own horn by naming the thread ''Brilliant idea-'' lmfao :P You don't think little of yourself, do you OP? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    This new system is way more better than the DS version. I'd say this is near perfection, except that they could - and goddamnit hell shit should - add a possibility to goddamn trade the gear around. I'm stuck with the same loot five times, god-shithell-damnit, let me give someone that shit.
    I understand the idea behind this. No jealous faces or awkward situations when someone asks the loot from you. Well it doesn't happen since we cannot see the loot whatever anyone gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    RNG is what Blizzard thinks makes looting more exited than Tokens where you can calculate exactly in (x) number of weeks you're youre gonna be this much geared, in (y) youre gonna have weapons etc.
    I agree with them. Yes it can be annoying if an imporant item for your class just wont drop but it certainly keeps it a lot more interesting than just gradually grinding your way to a gauranteed upgrade over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    Really? Are we going there again? Have you even read the last few pages of the thread?
    I read the title of this thread and felt the need to interject my opinion regardless of what the past 14 pages say.

People whining about issues with LFR loot seems so lawlsy to me.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never specifically said for sure I was quitting. It would be irrelevant anyways, I'm just one player. I'm predicting the issue will get much larger every week until it blows up in Blizzards face one of these weeks.

"Hang on a second, you're saying that you want more loot but you don't need loot from enough bosses to warrant a full clear.
    Contradictions?" -- NO, no contradictions. I"m saying that pretty much everybody who plays an mmo, whether they admit it or not, plays it for the gear, because the gear is how we progress our characters, regardless of how we play. The very thing that makes mmo's addicting, and keeps people playing day after day for years is this player progression aspect. Lore said exactly that on the Weekly Marmott this week.

" It gets old guys, very old. " -- Blizzard can't fix the fact that duplicate items or items that are non-upgrades will drop, so there's nothing they can do about that. However, they can control the rate at which any item could drop in general. They have the power to alleviate "some" of the complaints at least, even if they can't fix everything

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    Aren't you doing the exact thing about my opinion right now?
    Anyway, my opinion stands.
    Being a casual who only play 2am-5am a couple of days a week I'm still satisfied with the current system.
    Fair enough, your opinion is clear and smoothly made, I won't attempt to squish it. You just simply don't share the opinion of myself and those in support of this and all similar threads. That's alright.

i would like blizzard to make it possible to use more than one charm per boss....
    you kill a boss, game decides if you get loot or not, then the pop us asks how many charms you want to use and you can use 0-10. upto how ever many you have.
    like if you use 1 charm you have a 10% chance for an item, if you choose to use 2 charms, then it would be a 20% chance to get an item. since you can only have 10 charms.. you could use all 10 and get a 100% chance at an item...
    but the risk is it could be an item that you already have from that boss' loot table.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread and casuals is why the game is going down hill. Casuals want this and that without any effort. It ruins the mystic and community of the game. LFR and LFG tools have destroyed the community in this game.

"Well blizzard I won't play the game anymore because bosses are hard."

Is exactly what all casuals sound like and it ruins the game entirely by being a spoiled brat.

I read the title of this thread and felt the need to interject my opinion regardless of what the past 14 pages say.

I'm from Blackrock too and gotta say I respect your tag bro. Good to see more of us on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    The quotation marks are misplaced in the title. They should be around the word problem. There is no problem, as loot does drop in LFR.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zharkos View Post
    My favorite part of this thread is how OP stated the entire loot system for wrath to a fine point and everyone is comparing with VP instead.
    Pretty much.

Wrath: Buy raid gear with badges.
    Cata/MoP: Buy raid equivalent gear with VP.

Anyone remember saving badges for your tier pieces? Because that was fun just getting your gear through badges. Not.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok, fair enough, but why don't you people make a thread of your own stating your opinion, or post an agreement in one that states such an opinion? I promise that not only will I not pop in to poo poo on the thread, I'll likely just ignore it. I know that a number of people don't respect the difficulty of the lfr or our opinion that loot is criticial to its success. That attitude and opinion is just not really constructive in a thread which is about suggesting ways to improve the lfr. Making it almost pointless, as a few posters claim Blizzards definition of the lfr seems to, is not going to improve it. It will just diminish it and make less people run it, right or wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just really wish LFR loot was the same ilvl as heroic 5-man loot so that my guild would stop trying to force me to do LFR.

I seriously hate it and don't want to, but they are trying to force me to do it to raid.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Why not server merging?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    This thread and casuals is why the game is going down hill. Casuals want this and that without any effort. It ruins the mystic and community of the game. LFR and LFG tools have destroyed the community in this game.

"Well blizzard I won't play the game anymore because bosses are hard."

Is exactly what all casuals sound like and it ruins the game entirely by being a spoiled brat.
    I don't understand your point? How does this affect your raiding experience at all? There's still plenty of regular and heroic bosses for you to kill - that doesn't change regardless of what we want or ask for! If anything, having an easier tier allows them to make regular and heroics harder to challenge you more?

Secondly, you don't know me, raid with me, or have to deal with me in any way shape or form? The only way you even know my opinion is if you poke your nose into a thread like this. How does that ruin the game for you again? If you read threads like this that you obviously don't agree with, it sounds to me that if that ruins your game, then you are letting it.

Why do you care at all, as long as casuals keep paying their $15 dollars per month that keeps this game going at its current quality level? If you are not one of those casuals, how does it even have to effect you at all? You just happen to have an opinion - it doesn't seem like it ruins your wow gaming experience at all.
    Last edited by Rielthas; 2012-12-03 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this idea is new and exciting

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, people REALLY need to remember that LFR was not implemented for people to get easy loot, it was implemented so you could see the content in a more relaxed setting.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I just really wish LFR loot was the same ilvl as heroic 5-man loot so that my guild would stop trying to force me to do LFR.

I seriously hate it and don't want to, but they are trying to force me to do it to raid.
    As long as you put in the work to attain the appropraite gear level they expect, I don't think they really care how you get it at all? Spend a ton of gold on crafter gear, or grind your dailies to get your rep gear. The only thing they might expect you to get from lfr other than gear might be a little experience? You may need to run it a time or 2 for that perhaps, but if you put in the work to gear up in other areas, I don't think they'll really bug you just because you don't have lfr gear pieces.

Seems like you're trying to fix a non existing problem, i mean if you're going to quit wow over no loot in a lfr week then it seems like your valuing loot too much. I mean if you're only doing LFR and you want loot so badly i mean you should do normal raids or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Anyone remember saving badges for your tier pieces? Because that was fun just getting your gear through badges. Not.
    From ICC it was like Cata -- valor for vendor tier and tokens for tier sets.
    ToC it was tokens, too.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."