Poll: Which class deserves a 4th spec?

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want Frost tanking back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a more caster oriented Death Knight spec, or even some kind of healer. Maybe heals enhanced via diseases, shielding with AMS type effects like Disc, or leeching health from the boss onto whatever target you wish. We already have the ability to shield people with Death Coil/AMZ, there's definitely room to grow that type of spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock tank spec. Make it so.
    Hi

Deleted
    Would be cool to have a demon hunting spec, but imo its going to suck if night elves cant be them. Specs like shaman tanks and shockadins sounds cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    What about as a dedicated pet spec for priests similar to frost for mages? No class, besides DKs, deals more with the dead than a priest. Also: priests would then have 2 dedicated healing specs (bubbles and heals) and 2 dedicated dps specs (pet and petless)
    I don't see how priests deal with the dead, but the shadow spec is probably as close as you can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought monk should have had a ranged spec.

You know...a bender spec.

But that would be too close to shaman.

I don't know about 'deserve' but I think that every healer should have a spell DPS spec, and I can certainly see Shaman tanks.

Besides a 4th spec fits thematically for Shaman and Monks at least. Shaman specs are based on three of the four elements and Monk specs are based on three of the four August Celestials.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I always thought monk should have had a ranged spec.

You know...a bender spec.

But that would be too close to shaman.
    Thats the problem with 4th spec, just as Blizzard has stated before it waters down the specs. If I really think about it did druids really really need a 4th one? Pretty sure they got it because the new talent system wouldn't of worked around the new design. But it wasn't THAT bad for balance before the change was it? I mean I can never remember a time since vanila where ferals were too OP or too underpowered to the point of being broken. I've never played the druid class no more than an alt but from my experiences it was always balance that had the problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    It isn't really about deserving. The reason why druids got 4th spec is only because it's the only class that had 4 roles from the start (even if for some time some of them were broken :P ). In other words, druids had 4 main spec withing 3 talent trees which made is only harder to balance and eventually the old feral talent tree was 2 specs in 1 anyway.

Deleted
    I do agree though its fun to come up with and imagine new cool specs, especially if theres a hero class in lore you always wished you could play.

Deleted
    A warrior healing specc. Hitting people so they stop focusing on the pain

Shaman tank and shockadin, biatches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Thats the problem with 4th spec, just as Blizzard has stated before it waters down the specs. If I really think about it did druids really really need a 4th one? Pretty sure they got it because the new talent system wouldn't of worked around the new design. But it wasn't THAT bad for balance before the change was it? I mean I can never remember a time since vanila where ferals were too OP or too underpowered to the point of being broken. I've never played the druid class no more than an alt but from my experiences it was always balance that had the problems.

Cats and bears basically benefited too much from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Stylewise it definitely fits the DK theme, a warlock summons demons and has nothing to do with undeath. But a warlock is a cloth-wearing ranged spellcaster, so in that sense he's somewhat similar to the necromancer. Necromancer really doesn't work well as a spec for either of them, it should be its own class.
    Most Affliction abilities actually come from necromancers ideas, DKs have the rest of it, mostly in unholy. I don't think we'll ever see a Necromancer class, since pretty much all of their stuff is already in the game.

Warriors - a Ranged DPS spec using bows (thats called a hunter, we already have them)
    Hunters - a melee DPS spec or petless spec (thats called a rogue, we already have them... tho the no pet-ranger-spec would be boss)
    Rogues - a ranged DPS spec using thrown weapons (thats called a hunter, we already have them)
    Mages - a shadow or lightning spec (thats called a lock-shadow, or a shaman-lightning, we already have them)
    Death Knights - a blood rune focused dps spec (thats called blood dps, we already had that and they trashed it)
    Paladins - a holy caster DPS spec using int gear (Shockadin, would love to see that!)
    Priests - a Holy caster DPS spec (We already had that, smite priest says hi-tho to be viable dps they would need a buff)
    Monks - a ranged DPS mana/chi spec (We already have that, boomkins, mages, locks say hi)

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Death Knights - a blood rune focused dps spec (thats called blood dps, we already had that and they trashed it)
    Well in all fairness even the blood tanking spec doesn't like blood runes

I voted rogue. 4th spec is called turbo mode.

-rogue puts boots on hands and gloves on feet
    -proceeds to walk around on hands
    -dagger holders crafted into boots for kick stabbing
    -slice and dice now increases "run" speed
    -sprint now increases attack speed
    -energy converts to rage because no one likes walking on their hands all day
    -pickpocket disabled (concept art of picking pockets with feet was too awkward for blizzard)

Pretty much just a moderately faster rogue that uses rage instead of energy.
    New Spells:

Shadow charge -> identical to warrior charge, but with longer stun. rogue screams incredibly loud during charging process
    Tri-Blade -> 15 seconds of hopping around on 1 hand. During this time you can use your free hand to wield a 3rd dagger/sword/whatever. Damage increased by 100%
    Fiesta De La Muerte -> Click your heels together like a mariachi dancer from hell. Huge moral boost for party. Increases parties attack speed and movement speed by 15% for 30 seconds

@Blizzzard: Feel free to steal this.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Reason i don't queue healer. insta queue pops but you always get a run already in progress. every. single. time.
    Yeah, been seeing this more and more. Makes me glad I am leveling a Tankadin. I got tired of healers going AFK or leaving, so I just started healing myself and had 3 DPS help me burn down some mobs. Most healers just get fed up with the players they have to work with. This is another reason I now subscribe to guild runs mostly and try to avoid LFD/LFR. LF is now just another way of Looking For Headache / Looking For Fight / Looking For Griefing / Looking For Trouble. I like my game and refuse to let some asshats ruin it

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I voted rogue. 4th spec is called turbo mode.

-rogue puts boots on hands and gloves on feet
    -proceeds to walk around on hands
    I had to stop. I was laughing so hard. That has to be the single most ********* idea I have ever seen! Thank you for making me laugh so hard my co workers looked!

The Druid situation is a unique situation that is not replicated by any other class or spec in the game. It was mostly done for balancing reasons. In Dragon Soul, for example, most guilds one tanked 10 man heroic Madness. We two tanked it, because when your second tank is a Bear Druid who can go into cat form and do 70K DPS when not tanking impales, why the hell not?

Edit: Reading this thread it appears that a great many people just flat out don't understand the situation and are wanting entirely new specs created for their classes, which isn't what they did with Druids at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    We know there's a possibility now. Dividing the old feral spec seemed long overdue, now the question is if any other class deserve a 4th spec in a future expansion? i.e. rogue or warlock tank spec, ranged dps monk, holy dps priest, etc.
    Druids got a 4th spec because they needed it. No other class had or has or likely will have the playstyle/role issues that necessitated creating the Guardian tree.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1