Poll: Your faction

Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    C4 for a medic wasn't wise, but C4 as Light Assault is nothing short of god like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCNevTJepfY
    Seconded, they can take out sunderers solo too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I'd try it out. Make a character, log in, die immediately, come back, die immediately.

uninstalled.

Dying is a big part of the game. Big. Having a positive KDA is for solo artists like me who only get their thrills from griefing infantry with a mosquito. Team players often put the empire goals above their own lives because a respawn is only seconds away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Dying is a big part of the game. Big. Having a positive KDA is for solo artists like me who only get their thrills from griefing infantry with a mosquito. Team players often put the empire goals above their own lives because a respawn is only seconds away.
    Griefing is the best part.
    I'm not really a team player as I just run around solo, but it does annoy the enemy, so it works.

I mean, killing people always helps to some degree =p
    I do have my fun moments cleaning out entire enemy platoons when they drop in on a sunderer, I just need missile pods to finish the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been debating on whether to spend certs for the scythe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Tempted to get the Rebirth Grenade cert but can't see them being that useful outside of very organised outfit play, other than getting a load of xp by ressing a large group of players into what would probably always be instant death.
    I've been tempted to buy the Res grenade as well, but then I remembered that grenades bounce like tennis balls in this game which would make it a pain to target friendly groups
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    I played it for a few hours. "Played" is a very loose term as most of the time was spent being dead from a sniper rifle and walking 10 miles to get to the action...to die to a sniper. Also, ground vehicles are a nightmare to control.

I didn't find this game appealing. Oh well, waiting for Dust 514 and Firefall.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Thought I'd try it out. Make a character, log in, die immediately, come back, die immediately.

uninstalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    I played it for a few hours. "Played" is a very loose term as most of the time was spent being dead from a sniper rifle and walking 10 miles to get to the action...to die to a sniper. Also, ground vehicles are a nightmare to control.

I didn't find this game appealing. Oh well, waiting for Dust 514 and Firefall.
    Might I suggest ducking next time?

Humor aside, they probably should make the videos linked on the launcher more visible - most will have the time to watch them before the game finishes downloading, and it answers most of the questions on the game mechanics, faction choices, weapon types, using vehicles, using the map, etc., and are all things that a new should know.

That said, you will die a lot in this game, though walking a long distance like that either means you ended up in an area without a lot of your faction there (and so none of the respawn chambers were available and there were no Sunderers to provide spawn points) and/or you weren't using the map to look for potential hotspots (which goes back to the tutorial videos...the map one explains how to use it to get where the hottest action is). Typically, except when my faction has just been pushed out of an area where there's heavy fighting, I am back in the fight in 30 seconds or less...which is good, because sometimes I'll die 5 or 6 times in quick succession depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Been debating on whether to spend certs for the scythe or not.
    Do it! Scythes are really fun, not as fun as mosquitos, but really fun.

Just quoting this so I can try it out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    For anyone with performance/framerate problems:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...lutions.57732/

This has helped my friends quite a bit.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    C4 for a medic wasn't wise, but C4 as Light Assault is nothing short of god like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCNevTJepfY
    Fly around, spray at peoples' knees and get certs, fly around some more, die, spray some more, get more certs, fly around some more.

All while listening to really, really bad music. Sounds about right for a light assault :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    uninstalled.
    Rofl. Yeah, kinda like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What weapons would you guys suggest for Vanu Heavy Assault? I just got the Nemesis for AA, but what LMG would you suggest? I've read that the standard weapon, Orion, is very good, but anyone have experience with different ones like Flare or Polaris? Also, what attachments would you recommend?
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-11 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they do another double XP weekend soon, missed the entirety of this one

I can't fly for shit in this game. There really is no way to practice because when you crash, you have to wait to like 20 minutes before you can fly again. Especially if you used up all the aircraft options. I wish they had a tutorial section so I can have unlimited chances at learning to fly.

Deleted
    I've been following the game for a while and I think I'll install it soon, but a question first:

I love sniping, how viable/good is it in this game and which faction could be considered the most sniper friendly?

Deleted
    I love flying around in my Reaver, killing Mossies and Schytes that are specced purly for killing things on the ground. I love hunting them down with my tomcat missils and autocannon.

I really suck in a dogfight, so if I meet someone else that are specced for air to air combat, I loose 4 out of 5, but I make up that by killing ten ground specced flyers before I go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I've been following the game for a while and I think I'll install it soon, but a question first:

I love sniping, how viable/good is it in this game and which faction could be considered the most sniper friendly?
    That would be Vanu. They do not suffer from bullet drop apparently.

Sniping is great but don't make the mistake of playing a stationary sniper. You need to constantly be on the move. Take one, two, three quick shots (or only one if you use bolt action rifles, stealth and move to a different position). And unlike other games where you think you can go on to dominate an army on your own, boy you are wrong! There are two armies to contend against and infiltrators (the sniper/stealth class) are very weak and easy to detect. You have no defense against vehicles and any other class will outshoot you when spotted if you are still using stock weapons.

It's a fun class when you keep in mind your weaknesses and strengths. Don't try to play it like TF2 Spy or the BF3 sniper.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Vanu might not have bullet drop, but the damage has a diminishing return the longer the shot travel so I would not necessarily call them the sniper friendly faction.