Rumor: Intel & Nvidia; Snazzy green ties to be worn by Intel CEO?

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...-of-intel.aspx

It's entirely plausible, and not just in the wake of AMD/ATI. Nvidia's mobile work would mesh neatly with Intel's desktop/laptop line-up and their future APUs could do some serious damage. It's an article of faith with me that Intel pairs with Nvidia and, prior to their joining forces, AMD with ATI (and yes, I'm aware of the Nforce/AMD boards).

Still, it's only a rumour. But since we're past the BGA rumour - discuss!
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I really hope not. This would be bad for the whole slew of less actors on the markets as well as give intel even more control. Which will be a completely horrible scenario.
    The thing I'm most worried about in that scenario would be intel having control over Tegra; They could become the defacto manufacturer on mobile as well in a few years. I think that's their primary intention, if this rumour holds true at all.

I don't think it will happen and I really, really hope it won't. No good can come out of that. It would wipe all competition out.

Exactly how would this get past the anti-trust regulatory bodies?

Maybe Intel has realized that their onboard-GPU sucks donkey balls in comparison to the AMD offering and want to team up with nVidia to have one worth a damn?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I really hope not. This would be bad for the whole slew of less actors on the markets as well as give intel even more control. Which will be a completely horrible scenario.
    The thing I'm most worried about in that scenario would be intel having control over Tegra; They could become the defacto manufacturer on mobile as well in a few years. I think that's their primary intention, if this rumour holds true at all.
    This is just that same crazy nonsense thats been spit around since intel began atom RnD. Nvidia, will likely at best be just providing some silicon. Nvidia unlike ATI is not bankrupt or even in a fiscal situation to be needing intel, even w/ the gk104 and 110 problems. I'd think were likely to see cuda and physx available to AMD b4 we see a union of intel and nvidia, literally speaking allowing this kind of news to hit even in rumor form would mean Intel and Nvidia have no issue w/ insider trading and we would likely see some big players being thrown in jail like Martha.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Exactly how would this get past the anti-trust regulatory bodies?

Maybe Intel has realized that their onboard-GPU sucks donkey balls in comparison to the AMD offering and want to team up with nVidia to have one worth a damn?
    It won't change the fact that Intel is already miles behind AMD in the APU market and whatever Intel tries to release with an Nvidia chip on the same die will just be trumped by AMD for hybrid performance.