Thread: so its the 21st

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    mine says 6:11am...hmmm right in the morning....well that's a piss off

I swear I just saw a zombie outside or maybe it was just a homeless man.

Deleted
    Well........ mayans ? guys ? already gone in that timezone ? Its 18.28 PM here on the 12.20.2012 and I wanted to inform myself, maybe something happened ;P

I'm patiently waiting for nothing to happen.

Deleted
    Yeah still 20th here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya

20 hours to go as of this post, dont forget its 11:11:11 not just 21st
    The "11:11:11" thing was manufactured by tinfoil websites, most likely so they could include this stupid crap.

The USNO lists the time of the solstice as 11:12 UTC (rounded up to the minute from 11:11:37.4 if we're being picky).

It's still the 20th where I live, obviously this thread is propaganda from NASA and the rest of the naysayers. Now if you'll excuse me but I've got to load my bunker with more kool-aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god i hope it's the zombie apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Apparently it goes on south american time lawl.
    Why would it be south american time?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Considering the prediction was made by the Mayans, it's probably relative to them...

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Considering the prediction was made by the Mayans, it's probably relative to them...
    you know they didnt predict the world to end right?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

This is what I've got to say to this:

Haw Haw! Life moves on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Dose this imply that diffrent places on the earth will experience the doomsday at diffrent times?
    Some people probably believe that. Others may try to leave as wide a window as possible hoping something will happen.

Since this date got glommed onto the winter solstice years ago by one faction of nutters (and many of them still follow that idea), once the time of the solstice comes and goes without incident they'll be forced to recognize that nothing happened. Although, as we've seen in previous "doomsday" scenarios, the really entertaining nutters try to stretch it out as long as possible, while others might say that terrible things did happen but were covered up by the government (or other similarly irrational things).

This particular "doomsday" claim has been so long and drawn out though that I'd imagine even some of the nutters will be happy to see it die.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    obviously this thread is propaganda from NASA and the rest of the naysayers.
    Just doing my job! The powers that be compensate me handsomely for debunking dumb ideas on message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    you know they didnt predict the world to end right?
    The doomsday nuts do not know that. You have to follow their "logic" here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Some people probably believe that. Others may try to leave as wide a window as possible hoping something will happen.

Since this date got glommed onto the winter solstice years ago by one faction of nutters (and many of them still follow that idea), once the time of the solstice comes and goes without incident they'll be forced to recognize that nothing happened. Although, as we've seen in previous "doomsday" scenarios, the really entertaining nutters try to stretch it out as long as possible, while others might say that terrible things did happen but were covered up by the government (or other similarly irrational things).

This particular "doomsday" claim has been so long and drawn out though that I'd imagine even some of the nutters will be happy to see it die.
    My father-in-law is one of these nutters. He was insisting that my wife be home with him on the 21st to help 'protect her' (this was before we got married back in September). She rolled her eyes at the nonsense, I told him that she'd be fine with me if anything did happen.

/which it won't
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The doomsday nuts do not know that. You have to follow their "logic" here.
    I bet doomday nuts think the world is going to end every time the calender ends on Dec 31st too.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

still the 20th for the mayans

Deleted
    If the end of the world were to happen, it would happen when the set date rolls over in the Mayan lands - meaning Mexico and otherwise Central America. Supposedly at 11:11 AM too, so some nutjobs will keep believing for at least a couple of hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    But it was made by Internet idiots, not the Mayans. If you where to check what the Mayans are up to, they are celebrating the renewal when the calendar restarts.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you guys think the Mayans would have used their own time... DUH