Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    yeah, i agree, my biggest fear is that it isnt.

Well its tier 1 tallent. I would love to see it stacks but i wouldnt count on it.

Eh, I think Demo is the one spec that it's justified for GoSac to be notably weaker for - it's at the core the "pet" tree,
    agree - demo have already 2 good tallents from this tier - its not only that we shouldnt use sac - in my opinion demo shouldnt be able to use it.

Deleted
    well it doesnt have to stack to the same extent as DA but i would be fine with 20% too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    I am a bit disappointed that Demo didn't see a GoSac buff to make the talent competitive with the other two grimoires, but the PTR hasn't even started yet.
    You answered yourself:
    One of the major design goals behind the new talent system was that talents would be chosen on a situational basis. Talents like GoSac which were superior in nearly every situation go against that goal, so they got changed.
    It's still situationally useful, but they always said not all talents should be good for all specs; so long as there's at least a choice between two. At present, Affliction and Destruction don't even have that.

Iam bitter about the Sac Pact, for demo was the best talent and with only 25% of pet's HP instead of 50% its basic a 50% nerf to the shield unless Iam missing something, it wont be no way a useless talent but its gona lose some of its usability.

Soul Link its the crappiest one, but the statitstics are screwed because of the ppl that use it for the 20% increased HP while using GoSac mostly aff and destro
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-12-22 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd default to believing the shield will stack like DA until the PTR comes out; with SL proccing multiple times per second under haste effects, I can conceive of it overwriting, but that just barely seems plausible. If it DOES perform as expected, stacking, you could cut the % heal to absorb in half and it would still be extraordinarily powerful compared to current (PvE).

Deleted
    On some points it really seems like they know what's going on and they are listening. These points are:
    Kil'jaeden's Cunning is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
    Grimoire of Sacrifice now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.
    Glyph of Burning Embers has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Warlocks.
    Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Warlocks.
    New Glyph: Glyph of Ember Tap. This glyph increases the healing gained from Ember Tap by 50%.
    New Glyph: Glyph of Drain Life. This glyph increases the healing gained from Drain Life by 30%.

However I don't completely agree with some of the other points.

Sacrificial Pact now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate (was 50%).

Why nerf this ability? This will be a max. 100k shield if you're lucky. Considering the 60 sec cooldown I'd say it's weak now.

Blood Fear has been redesigned. This ability is now cast on the Warlock, and causes melee attacks that strike within the next 60 seconds to Fear the attacker. When cast, the ability has 1 Charge, costs 20% health to activate, and has a 30 second cooldown.

As long as other instant cast CC is nerfed with this it's fine, otherwise we need some utility of our own to not make us completely useless in PvP.

Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 20% (was 25%) for Destruction, and 45% (was 50%) for Affliction.

I don't know how scaling will be in 5.2 and how good this will make aff and destro, so it might be justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    I'd default to believing the shield will stack like DA until the PTR comes out; with SL proccing multiple times per second under haste effects, I can conceive of it overwriting, but that just barely seems plausible. If it DOES perform as expected, stacking, you could cut the % heal to absorb in half and it would still be extraordinarily powerful compared to current (PvE).
    Soul Leech will probably work the same way as Blood Shield and stack up to a cap.

Blood Fear nerf was inevitable, but this implementation is god awful. Shocker! Why replace an OP talent with something good when you can just nerf it into oblivion instead? Blizzard sucks so hard sometimes. Welcome to every lock just swapping to Unending Resolve (which while good, does nothing to help us from being trained into the ground).

With the Spell Lock nerf (HUGE btw - that 3 sec silence is essential for comboing down a healer), the overall dmg nerf through GoSac, the massive buffs to Rogues and melee monks, the nerfs to mages (indirectly buffs all melee comps and hurts one of our only viable comps), and the needed but horribly implemented change to blood fear and I see our representation dropping to early S5 levels.

And speaking of blizzard being clueless, who thought that we needed a boost to Ember Tap (already reedic good with a mastery build - which most detro pvpers have)? And at the same time, they boost Drain Life for Aff? A spell that nobody uses or would use even with the glyph? The squishiest caster spec in the game and that's their answer to survivability? So so lame.

We have been propped up like a paper tiger by Blood Fear and DS/Trinket damage. Now that we have lost all of that, I guess we can at least hope to fall off the map and get the rogue treatment for 5.3...

Why even go through the effort to change Blood Fear into this mess? It needed changing, but now Blood Fear is just a trap for new players to fall into.

A single target, unreliable Howl of Terror on twice the cooldown that costs 105k hp to cast? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    My team will be so happy when I pay 20% of my health to fear some stupid hunter his pet or see a warrior being immune to it and being unable to trow out any fears for the next ~30 seconds....
    Or to meet a wizardcleave, being unable to do any cc apart from my lvl 30 talent.... it will make an elemental look useful compared to me >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    My team will be so happy when I pay 20% of my health to fear some stupid hunter his pet or see a warrior being immune to it and being unable to trow out any fears for the next ~30 seconds....
    Or to meet a wizardcleave, being unable to do any cc apart from my lvl 30 talent.... it will make an elemental look useful compared to me >.>
    It doesn't replace Fear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    let's not forget the fabled cataclysm spell that destruction was supposed to get in 5.2 (which we will probably never hear of again ).
    / 10 chars

Infracted for spam. ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-22 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoSac nerfs aren't that bad- little less then a 4% damage nerf, since it doesnt affect all sources of damage (DoTs).

Felhunter loosing its silence isnt as good. guess its now more skill.

Blood Fear... I hope thats changed. As it stands, why even bother taking it, with that amount of health lost, the melee might as well as wailed on you for those 8 seconds.

If Soul Leech isn't dispellable, its the same if you are taking damage, a buff if you aren't taking damage. If it is dispellable, D:

KJ's change is iffish. Right now, if you activate it, you can move without penalty for 6 seconds, then have to stand still for 54. Not many ppl use the active portion, so its allright i guess?

Pact is obviously a nerf to the amount absorbed, but a buff to the health loss. Is iffish.

The glyphs are a very very nice change- baseline affect, meaning that they are NOT mandatory, but the extra healing is nice for soloing/pvp.

Compared to other classes, not many big changes. No extremely large nerfs, just us being brought in line. Sac users may now have a knockback rather then a CC that stuned you for the same duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It doesn't replace Fear anymore.
    Nonetheless the talent remains a terrible joke since 90% of the times it will either go off on a hunter pet or a warrior and I really don't wanna pay 20% of my health when a warrior is already hammering my face or when a hunter has his zoo unleashed on me...
    Heck, if I were a warrior I'd get/make an addon to automatically /thank a warlock when he uses bloodfear.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-22 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Compared to other classes, not many big changes. No extremely large nerfs, just us being brought in line.
    Do you realize how much of our viability is currently tied to Blood Fear? It needed to go, but it was also the only thing we really had going. Massive massive nerf. The Spell Lock change is also devastating - seriously, how often do you use it as an interrupt, rather than a blanket these days? Now we get zip to keep a kill chain going outside of SFury. Hunters and spriests have better silences than mages and locks now.

Very major changes, very big impact on locks.

it is complete a bull shit for blood fear change! i am not reroll
    i will delete my accout! NOW WARLOCK was the fewest player in china wow!
    fuck you blz fuck you all
    i never charge my account anymore !
    warlock pvp now can not suffer!you take away our gold and return us a bull shit and say it is redesigned
    FXCK Y-O-U ghost
    Last edited by hitlinbo; 2012-12-23 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Pact is obviously a nerf to the amount absorbed, but a buff to the health loss. Is iffish.
    Well, that depends really. The datamined info is unreliable and the patch notes are incomplete. Is it a reduction in both, or is the health to shield conversation rate going to be buffed so that the resulting shield stays the same? It's far from a popular talent, AFAIK, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it getting a buff to make it more attractive.

Deleted
    Am I the only one that thinks about the sacrificial pact change as something POSITIVE? I always struggled using it as Affli, because maybe The 50% hp loss isnt worth it. Now I can use it also for smaller amounts of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks about the sacrificial pact change as something POSITIVE? I always struggled using it as Affli, because maybe The 50% hp loss isnt worth it. Now I can use it also for smaller amounts of damage.
    Yes, you probably are the only one.

How can GoSac damage nerf even close to equal to 5% dps/damage don less?

http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html#player24

Looking at the "pie chart" more 4/5 damage come from dots and their ghost ticks.

It sounds like a 2% to me.