Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I very much agree. To be perfectly honest, I think he's just saying what no one else will, simply for the ratings and nothing beyond it.
    Fact is, he's getting those ratings. Partly because there are people like me who just tune in for the freak show and leave after a few minutes. But mostly because there's an audience for his ranting.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG What a Nutcase.

He refuses to aknowledge that automatic fire arms is the cause of most of the shootings in the US, and that the US has the most deaths to guns per citizen in the world.

Put him in a mental home. He is not safe to have running around.

And btw. Why is Piers Morgan not allowed to state his oppinions?
    Freedom of Speech is still allowed in the US right?
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv View Post
    Yet shooting and killing an unarmed burglar, just because they might be armed is ok?[
    I never said I'd shoot if they tried to run. However, a burglar is still a burglar, violating my property, of which I have a legal right to defend by any means necessary.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure is! If you are a white middle aged American that has lived there for their entire life :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Of course, if you actually READ the thread you would see where I've already explained that it would be next to impossible for someone to gain full entry to my house without my knowledge, and if it came down to it I have a select few firearms in a glass-faced locking cabinet with loaded magazines. By the time someone gets through a solid steel security door with reinforced frame or breaks a pane on my antique windows and unlatches them, the glass will be broken and the firearm will be ready to go. You try to say "oh well who are you to decide someone is a criminal?" Well, I'm the guy that OWNS the property that this person is currently violating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. By definition, he is guilty of criminal trespass. If he manages to enter my home, that's criminal trespassing as well as breaking and entering and attempted robbery. How do I know this? Because it's MY property, and I decide who is allowed to enter it, and what they are allowed to do on it.
    No, at this point all I have left to say is:
    Thank god I don't live in a messed up society where people even have a reason to come up with such security features.
    I live in a society where there is no call for any of that, because the effort society makes to prevent that need is sufficient.

I just lock my door.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA oh gods that hilarious,

what a loon

Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    OMG What a Nutcase.

He refuses to aknowledge that automatic fire arms is the cause of most of the shootings in the US, and that the US has the most deaths to guns per citizen in the world.

Put him in a mental home. He is not safe to have running around.

And btw. Why is Piers Morgan not allowed to state his oppinions?
    Automatic weapons? Really? There's literally only been TWO cases of legally acquired automatic weapons being used in a murder since 1935. One of those was committed by a police officer.

As far as illegally acquired machine guns:

"Again in Targeting Guns, Kleck writes, four police officers were killed in the line of duty by machine guns from 1983 to 1992. (713 law enforcement officers were killed during that period, 651 with guns.)

In 1980, when Miami's homicide rate was at an all-time high, less than 1% of all homicides involved machine guns. (Miami was supposedly a "machine gun Mecca" and drug trafficking capital of the U.S.) Although there are no national figures to compare to, machine gun deaths were probably lower elsewhere. Kleck cites several examples:

Of 2,200 guns recovered by Minneapolis police (1987-1989), not one was fully automatic.

A total of 420 weapons, including 375 guns, were seized during drug warrant executions and arrests by the Metropolitan Area Narcotics Squad (Will and Grundie counties in the Chicago metropolitan area, 1980-1989). None of the guns was a machine gun.

16 of 2,359 (0.7%) of the guns seized in the Detroit area (1991-1992) in connection with "the investigation of narcotics trafficking operations" were machine guns."
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-09 at 01:42 PM.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    the US has the most deaths to guns per citizen in the world.
    That would El Salvator 50/100000
    USA: 10/100000
    Switzerland: ~4/100000

Country with stronger gun control and less guns:
    Germay: 1/100000
    Japan/UK/Chile/Azerbaijan: 0.1-1/100000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-09 at 01:41 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    He's also right that crime is at a 40 year low (while gun ownership has risen). The FBI facts verify this.
    The number of homes with a firearm have declined between 20% and 40% over the past 40 years, depending on the study cited.

The University of Chicago's General Social Survey is pretty reliable, so it's probably closer to 40% than it is to 20%. Regardless, gun ownership is actually on a decades-long decline.

This is true while gun sales have been increasing, which points to gun concentration (fewer people buying more guns) as the general trend. And this concentration is driven by spikes in sales around election years and during recessions, which should give you a clear picture as to who is buying guns and why.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    It's called controlled opposition people. They bring the crazies out to make their side seem like the only credible one. It's a classic propaganda technique. Quite a few of Alex's facts were right though (rifles don't kill many people).
    They confirmed yesterday the guy who shot up that movie theater fired off 57 shots in 27 seconds. I just want to call absolute bullshit on what you just said right there. One can hope someone you know is facing down the barrell of a automatic weapon before you change that high and mighty opinion.

No chance the founding fathers had automatic weapons in mind when they made the 2nd amendment and people know this. Only way to change peoples minds is for someone to do an act so horrid and ghastly and post photos, so that America can see it.

That is why nothing is change. We have heard about the movie shooting or heard about the school shooting. Post the photos and watch how fast people come to realize that automatic weapons should be banned. Families in Colorado or Newtown can keep dreaming because everything politicians are saying about gun control is bullshit and we all know nothing will get done.

Just hope when it happens again and it will over and over and over that it is not in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That would El Salvator 50/100000
    USA: 10/100000
    Switzerland: ~4/100000

Country with stronger gun control and less guns:
    Germay: 1/100000
    Japan/UK/Chile/Azerbaijan: 0.1-1/100000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate
    I know theoretically your list shows differently, but really you can't compare US to places like El Salvidor or Jamaica, you need to keep it with the first world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I laughed for hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    They confirmed yesterday the guy who shot up that movie theater fired off 57 shots in 27 seconds. I just want to call absolute bullshit on what you just said right there. One can hope someone you know is facing down the barrell of a automatic weapon before you change that high and mighty opinion.

No chance the founding fathers had automatic weapons in mind when they made the 2nd amendment and people know this. Only way to change peoples minds is for someone to do an act so horrid and ghastly and post photos, so that America can see it.

That is why nothing is change. We have heard about the movie shooting or heard about the school shooting. Post the photos and watch how fast people come to realize that automatic weapons should be banned. Families in Colorado or Newtown can keep dreaming because everything politicians are saying about gun control is bullshit and we all know nothing will get done.

Just hope when it happens again and it will over and over and over that it is not in my area.
    He must be some kind of ArmsWizard or super-human death machine then, since he somehow hit 70 people with 57 shots. Also, the rifle he had, while having a 100 round drum, malfunctioned and ceased firing after less than 30 of the 100 rounds were fired. That rifle was only semi-auto, btw.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-09 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    I know theoretically your list shows differently, but really you can't compare US to places like El Salvidor or Jamaica, you need to keep it with the first world countries.
    Which only points out that gun laws aren't everything.
    The US needs a change of attitude towards guns, and to do an effort to keep them out of society, not just a change of gun laws.

Gun laws in El Salvador won't do much alone. Same with the US, or anywhere else.

That's alex jones's schtick. He acts like a nut job to stay relavent.

Then it would be Brazil (19/100000). The Brazilian economy is the world's seventh largest by nominal GDP and the seventh largest by purchasing power parity.

If your raise the bar for first world country higher then you are right and USA is #1 in gun violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    He must be some kind of ArmsWizard or super-human death machine then, since he somehow hit 70 people with 57 shots. Also, the rifle he had, while having a 100 round drum, malfunctioned and ceased firing after less than 30 of the 100 rounds were fired. That rifle was only semi-auto, btw.
    If you even need a semi auto for basically anything you are a very shitty shotting. 2nd amendment was made when they had single shot rifles that required up to 5 minutes to reload. Logic is allowed here, but Republicans keep expecting Soviets or the Chinese to invade, so this will never change.

I just accept the fact that half the country is retarded and move on and hope some psycho does not get a looney idea in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Which only points out that gun laws aren't everything.
    The US needs a change of attitude towards guns, and to do an effort to keep them out of society, not just a change of gun laws.
    Gun laws in El Salvador won't do much alone. Same with the US, or anywhere else.
    As of March 2012, El Salvador has seen a 40% drop in crime due to what the Salvadoran government called a gang truce. In early 2012, there were on average of 16 killings per day but in late March that number dropped to fewer than 5 per day and on April 14, 2012 for the first time in over 3 years there were no killings in the country. Overall, there were 411 killings in January 2012, but in March the number was 188, more than a 40% reduction, while crime in neighboring Honduras has risen to an all time high.

So you need laws and a good payed police (bad payment leads to corruption and increased gang-related crimes) that is willing and able to stop gangs structures to form. On the other hand you need good social programs to give young people a future so they don't end in criminal gangs. Simply put: If you want peaceful streets you need to invest money.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-09 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If you even need a semi auto for basically anything you are a very shitty shotting. 2nd amendment was made when they had single shot rifles that required up to 5 minutes to reload. Logic is allowed here, but Republicans keep expecting Soviets or the Chinese to invade, so this will never change.

I just accept the fact that half the country is retarded and move on and hope some psycho does not get a looney idea in Louisiana.
    By your logic no one needs a firearm that holds more than a single shot, regardless of action type. And if you think one shot is equal to one kill, you need to stop watching films and get an education on firearms. Also, as for bad shots, I'm guessing you've never gone duck/rabbit/pheasant/grouse hunting. If you get a guaranteed kill every time you pull the trigger you should look into competitive shooting, you'd make 6 figures a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Uh, how many times did Pierce say he needs to stop interrupting, to stop yelling. Constantly. A cheap debate tactic is to talk over the person you're trying to debate. Nobody can control a douchebag who can't take other peoples views.
    Are we talking about Obama? El oh El.[COLOR="red"]