Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i quitted diablo 3 long time ago and already ate diablo 3 disc little by little two months ago. It helps relieve my anger toward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    i quitted diablo 3 long time ago and already ate diablo 3 disc little by little two months ago. It helps relieve my anger toward to it.
    If you didn't play after patch 1.05 you really can not even make an argument.

MP play says High as does the Key hunting and Paragon extra 100 levels. You really played a very different game at launch.

--- NEW ---

Patch 1.07 will bring crafting through grinding with BIND on ACCOUNT gear.

So crafted gear in 6 out of 13 slots will be a blast to play (as it is Bind on Account and can not be bought on the AH).

Blizzard's greed does not lie in what percentage cut they get from transactions, or even by how much few rich gamers are allowed to line Blizzard's pockets.

Blizzards greed hides in the game's unbelievably greedy design. There is absolutely no way around the AH. Every single aspect of D3 is designed to push you to the AH for absolutely everything. That is the problem, and that is what dragged the game down.

Cash shops in games like GW2 might be just as greedy, and probably even more lucrative for the company, but it is not the single road and catalyst to absolutely everything like it is in D3.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    *snip*
    Still waiting for you to respond to all of the logical points as to why this is bad instead of resorting to default advertisement mode for Blizzard. Telling me you got money from it and giving me an anecdote about buying a boardgame doesn't do anything to defend the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider the few negatives don't outweigh the positives: no organised massive duping, no need to buy from suspect maffia gold sites, always find public groups in 1 second, no hacks to worry about, a nice avatar armory and a game that allowed me to ... purchase other games with money earned.

Btw I do play HC too. I never had a character loss due to lag or disconnect. In fact ... Now that I think of it: I never even had a SC death due to disconnects either. I still try to remember a moment where I lost connection ... Even ONCE the moment I logged in ... (curiously this happens in WoW with world server down messages but once in you stay in in D3).

Perhaps investing in a good internet connection and a SSD works miracles.

You know this year ... The Ipad passes its 100.000.000 sales. Always connected is simply standard stuff these days. We no longer live in 1999.
    just because you CAN be always connected, doesnt mean you SHOULD.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yes actually. Just as any other normal customer with a grievance towards a particular company for faults in their product. Now you defending them is unhealthy. I mean if I was returning a sweater at sears or macys and you were waiting in line would you get in my face and say HEY MAN THAT SWEATER IS THE SHIT AND SO IS SEARS WTF IS UP WITH YOU? No of course not. That would be quite mad.

It's not like that though is it. Because you are also out by the sweater rack telling everyone that the sweater sucks and don't buy it. It don't matter what you think the sweater is a piece of shit, don't waste your money on it.

If you would have just "returned" the game you wouldn't be here everyday still bitching about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard's greed does not lie in what percentage cut they get from transactions, or even by how much few rich gamers are allowed to line Blizzard's pockets.

Blizzards greed hides in the game's unbelievably greedy design. There is absolutely no way around the AH. Every single aspect of D3 is designed to push you to the AH for absolutely everything. That is the problem, and that is what dragged the game down.

Cash shops in games like GW2 might be just as greedy, and probably even more lucrative for the company, but it is not the single road and catalyst to absolutely everything like it is in D3.
    OMFG this bullshit argument again. . . . . Athene beat Diablo on MP10 naked, so NO. . .. you absolutely do not need to use the AH..... ever. Period. Dont blame your lack of self control on Blizzard.

The game just continues to disappoint me. Pvp promised "soon" when the game launched and 9 months later this is the patch we get? This game is a joke.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    It's not like that though is it. Because you are also out by the sweater rack telling everyone that the sweater sucks and don't buy it. It don't matter what you think the sweater is a piece of shit, don't waste your money on it.

If you would have just "returned" the game you wouldn't be here everyday still bitching about it.
    That's also not what I'm doing. MMO champion isn't the diablo 3 website (and theirfore isn't the sweater rack). Often in many instances when you return a product you are offered to give the opportunity to express the reason why.

No instead YOU would rather pull your fellow customer out of the line and berate them for their grievances and for some reason god fucking knows why defend the sears roebuck as if it needs your defense. You'd rather them shut up because for some reason you take the criticism personally. Nobody asked you to come into this thread and pull my fucking post out and respond to it. You did it anyway because it upset you. Why it upset you I have no fucking clue but if you love this fucking game so much it shouldn't matter. Even if I was screaming at the sweater rack about how shitty the game is.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    I'm also not sure what the Ipad passing 10 million sales has to do with anything. You can still use the Ipad without connecting to the internet...
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-16 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    The problem with that and a ... client side PC game is that ... ONCE you open up the full game on a client side the copying, cracking of code and massive uncontrolled duping will take place on that client side.

You will no longer have control over the system of the avatars and their gear.

Rendering ALL long term play of Diablo 3 complete useless.

--->

Perhaps I can give another example:

Call of Duty on consoles has a very smart and quite good Elite playing tool, where players are rated and thousands of competitive things can be done (even competitions etc...).

Now on the PC side the Elite service tools couldn't be fully implemented. Why ? Because COD has a client side copy that would make ANY competitive play and awards WIDE open to cracks and cheats.

That's why COD on PC's is a sad little brother of console play: that's also the reason why PC games are DOOMED to always be server connected in ANY game that is to be played in a competitive manner.

----

That's also the reason why Rob Pardo said he didn't believe in pure solo games in the long run: these days ... you NEED the internet and its competitive and cooperative gameplay... and sadly for PC games that means ... server controlled play all the time.

Also PvP "fights" is just another form of competitive play these days. More and more people like to show off their avatars on the web. That's also a form of competition.

The last Blizzard Esports in China featured ... PvP in ... Raiding timers: Several top guilds were seeded with each other to beat a Raid (PVE content).

All cool things that can be done and seen by players and that only are possible with server controlled mechanics only.

I think Rob Pardo has more designer class than thousands of game forums combined, so I see where he is going to: games on the internet in a cooperative/competitive mode are played MUCH longer than solo games you ditch after purchase.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-16 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's also not what I'm doing. MMO champion isn't the diablo 3 website (and theirfore isn't the sweater rack). Often in many instances when you return a product you are offered to give the opportunity to express the reason why.

No instead YOU would rather pull your fellow customer out of the line and berate them for their grievances and for some reason god fucking knows why defend the sears roebuck as if it needs your defense. You'd rather them shut up because for some reason you take the criticism personally. Nobody asked you to come into this thread and pull my fucking post out and respond to it. You did it anyway because it upset you. Why it upset you I have no fucking clue but if you love this fucking game so much it shouldn't matter. Even if I was screaming at the sweater rack about how shitty the game is.
    When you make them load enough I have to hear them. Yes, I'm going to tell you how stupid you are acting. In your little dream world here you are not "just returning a product" You are screaming loudly the whole time about how much it sucks and no one should ever buy it. All because YOU don't like it.

If you won't want to be berated for hating on a game don't come to a fan site for said game.....

No one said you had to like the game. I understand you don't. What you don't understand is that this was a failure on your part. Most of the things you are complaining about were designed that way on purpose and we were told before launch. YOU bought the game on a whim hoping you would like it. You didn't. Grow up. leave your feedback. Suck it up and move on. We are 6+ months after the release you are STILL here complaining about a game you don't like. What you are doing now 6+ MONTHS after is pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post

Blizzards greed hides in the game's unbelievably greedy design. There is absolutely no way around the AH. Every single aspect of D3 is designed to push you to the AH for absolutely everything.

That's absolutely not true.
    You can complete one play trough without the AH entirely. You can complete the game without using the AH.

Here's the catch, i never said RMAH. So you can even dabble into the AH without ever getting involved in the cesspool of corporate greed that is the RMAH.
    Your experience of the game is what you make of it.

Personally I have no gripes of the concept of the AH, it's the game design that is lacking not the AH.
    Also you're mistaken if you think that a cash shop or a DLC is in any way different than the RMAH, it's all about monetization, it's just packaged differently.

When you make them load enough I have to hear them. Yes, I'm going to tell you how stupid you are acting. In your little dream world here you are not "just returning a product" You are screaming loudly the whole time about how much it sucks and no one should ever buy it. All because YOU don't like it.

If you won't want to be berated for hating on a game don't come to a fan site for said game.....

No one said you had to like the game. I understand you don't. What you don't understand is that this was a failure on your part. Most of the things you are complaining about were designed that way on purpose and we were told before launch. YOU bought the game on a whim hoping you would like it. You didn't. Grow up. leave your feedback. Suck it up and move on. We are 6+ months after the release you are STILL here complaining about a game you don't like. What you are doing now 6+ MONTHS after is pathetic.
    Your the one with the delusion here I'm afraid. Theirs a difference between "having to hear them" and responding to them and berating them or pulling them out of a line up.

The failure isn't on my part. The failure is on part of the developers who packaged trash and sold it. Their failure to either advance the genre forward (which I didn't expect) or failing that REMAIN TRUE TO WHAT MADE IT'S PREDECESSOR A GREAT GAME (which I did expect and is a reasonable expectation) I'm still here complaining 6 months after release because it appears the developers haven't acknowledge the problems with the game and seemingly don't care. I mean your still responding to me after 6 months, you are equally just as fucking pathetic. For someone who loves this game so fucking much you do spend alot of time on forums defending it instead of playing it. I have an idea. It's a radical one so bear with me for a second.

Accept that the game is fucking TRASH. Accept that you have BAD FUCKING TASTE IN VIDEO GAMES. Accept that people don't like diablo and will continue to bitch about it until something is done. Accept all of that AND TAKE IT LIKE A FUCKING MAN. Instead of coming on forums and berating fellow customers because you have some misplaced and misguided loyalty to a company that doesn't need it and doesn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your the one with the delusion here I'm afraid. Theirs a difference between "having to hear them" and responding to them and berating them or pulling them out of a line up.

The failure isn't on my part. The failure is on part of the developers who packaged trash and sold it. Their failure to either advance the genre forward (which I didn't expect) or failing that REMAIN TRUE TO WHAT MADE IT'S PREDECESSOR A GREAT GAME (which I did expect and is a reasonable expectation) I'm still here complaining 6 months after release because it appears the developers haven't acknowledge the problems with the game and seemingly don't care. I mean your still responding to me after 6 months, you are equally just as fucking pathetic. For someone who loves this game so fucking much you do spend alot of time on forums defending it instead of playing it. I have an idea. It's a radical one so bear with me for a second.

Accept that the game is fucking TRASH. Accept that you have BAD FUCKING TASTE IN VIDEO GAMES. Accept that people don't like diablo and will continue to bitch about it until something is done. Accept all of that AND TAKE IT LIKE A FUCKING MAN. Instead of coming on forums and berating fellow customers because you have some misplaced and misguided loyalty to a company that doesn't need it and doesn't care.
    fact remains you bought something without checking to see what you were buying. You can spin it how you want the fault is yours for not looking into what you are buying.

I'm at a fan site. I'm here to discuss the game with other people that enjoy the game. Not to see people post in every thread how they hate the game and everyone who likes the game is retarded.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/857610-TonyIommi
    Diablo 3956
    Your #1 posting section is about a game you don't like. It is not healthy to sit on anger and hate so much.

Meanwhile
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/690964-slozon
    General Discussions1,314General Off-Topic530Diablo 3479

I post half as much as you. Yet every thread I see in this section has Your opinion in it.

The fact is that TonyTommi is tackling EVERY Blizzard game and patch he can post about. I am certainly not convinced he ever played a Blizzard game in the last 2 years even.

It is just like so many forum posters: they think by yelling every other post "suck" they have an influence, which of course is ridiculous as forums don't even represent 99.9999% of the active players.

WOW has seen an avalanche of this kind of posters for 7 years in a row now and it simply is the most successful single game EVER made in video gaming land (due to subs of course).

You can bet today's in Hide Park that some lone yellers will say "this or that is crap", but someone should tell these guys that their influence is limited to 15 by standers max.

The day they realise that, that's the day these guys have a life again.

I am here to counter some silly 4 letter words with some well known reasoning. More as a time passing than a defense, but I always like to point out things (like the sale numbers and huge in game activity) to inform these lone dwellers.

it just makes them even more mad.

fact remains you bought something without checking to see what you were buying. You can spin it how you want the fault is yours for not looking into what you are buying.

I'm at a fan site. I'm here to discuss the game with other people that enjoy the game. Not to see people post in every thread how they hate the game and everyone who likes the game is retarded.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/857610-TonyIommi
    Diablo 3956
    Your #1 posting section is about a game you don't like. It is not healthy to sit on anger and hate so much.

Meanwhile
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/690964-slozon
    General Discussions1,314General Off-Topic530Diablo 3479

I post half as much as you. Yet every thread I see in this section has Your opinion in it.
    LMAO you actually went back and looked at post counts. Your sad. You actually care enough about defending this pathetic game to invest time and effort.

Your here to discuss the game with people who enjoy the game. So go fucking do that. Nobody asked you to pick my post out and harass me about it. No you CHOSE to do that because guess what YOUR PATHETIC. It's not healthy to sit here and defend a company you love for no reason. Every single god damned argument you level against me is just as easily leveled against you because your just as fucking pathetic. Your not taking it like a man. You expect me to move on and forget about it aftger 6 months but the simple fact is that 6 months later here you are in the same space doing the same thing you were 6 months ago. At least I have an excuse. I am aggrieved customer. Your just a sycophant. Take it like a fucking man. This game is trash.

As for seeing what I was buying before hand I did everything i could before hand. That includes discussion on forums and playing in the beta. The product SIMPLE FAILED TO LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS. Even reasonable and easy to achieve ones. If that's to fucking hard for you to swallow I suggest you go find another fucking thread where you can jerk off to how awesome diablo 3 is. You can rest assured though this shit experience will cause me to take an even deeper eye (if possible) to look into Blizzard games.

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-01-16 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO you actually went back and looked at post counts. Your sad. You actually care enough about defending this pathetic game to invest time and effort.

Your here to discuss the game with people who enjoy the game. So go fucking do that. Nobody asked you to pick my post out and harass me about it. No you CHOSE to do that because guess what YOUR PATHETIC. It's not healthy to sit here and defend a company you love for no reason. Every single god damned argument you level against me is just as easily leveled against you because your just as fucking pathetic. Your not taking it like a man. You expect me to move on and forget about it aftger 6 months but the simple fact is that 6 months later here you are in the same space doing the same thing you were 6 months ago. At least I have an excuse. I am aggrieved customer. Your just a sycophant. Take it like a fucking man. This game is trash.

As for seeing what I was buying before hand I did everything i could before hand. That includes discussion on forums and playing in the beta. The product SIMPLE FAILED TO LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS. Even reasonable and easy to achieve ones. If that's to fucking hard for you to swallow I suggest you go find another fucking thread where you can jerk off to how awesome diablo 3 is. You can rest assured though this shit experience will cause me to take an even deeper eye (if possible) to look into Blizzard games.
    What were you promised that wasn't delivered?

What were you promised that wasn't delivered?
    Well for one eventual pvp. Hell even the developers said it would be a disaster if it wasn't out by now. So much for that. Other than that your question is a stupid trap and a silly one. The developers never actually PROMISE anything because then they can be liable. What I did expect and what they really advertised directly or as subtext was that the game would be fun. A "blast" in other words. As much as the previous games were. It was not.

Deleted
    The problem with that and a ... client side PC game is that ... ONCE you open up the full game on a client side the copying, cracking of code and massive uncontrolled duping will take place on that client side.

You will no longer have control over the system of the avatars and their gear.

Rendering ALL long term play of Diablo 3 complete useless.
    Basically you're saying that every average joe could hack Diablo 2? Then how come I never met those players? All people I met played fair.

Yes, there was duping. But there's even duping in WoW and Diablo 3. So that's a terrible excuse for having no offline option.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:46 PM ----------

I am here to counter some silly 4 letter words with some well known reasoning. More as a time passing than a defense, but I always like to point out things (like the sale numbers and huge in game activity) to inform these lone dwellers.
    Huge in game activity? Diablo 3? What are you smoking?

Lots of people bought the game and eventually realized the game sucks. That's why only a handful of people still play Diablo 3.
    I'm starting to get the feeling that you 'get off' on defending Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-01-16 at 05:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Basically you're saying that every average joe could hack Diablo 2? Then how come I never met those players? All people I met played fair.

Yes, there was duping. But there's even duping in WoW and Diablo 3. So that's a terrible excuse for having no offline option.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:46 PM ----------

Huge in game activity? Diablo 3? What are you smoking?

Lots of people bought the game and eventually realized the game sucks. That's why only a handful of people still play Diablo 3.
    I'm starting to get the feeling that you 'get off' on defending Blizzard.
    Don't bother replying hes going to use the SO MANY people play the game argument without any viable data BUT Xfire or something silly that NOBODY uses.