Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, potentially all men are rapists. The chance of ONE man beeing one isnt that high, but well if you can avoid even minimal chances by simplay changing street sides, why not?

Sure it doesnt feel good when this happens to you. But to hell with it. If the woman feels safer walking by my 100 meters instead of 10 meters i am fine with it. It is not that the woman knows me and THEREFOR changes sides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    We live in such a nice world.

I'm glad I live in a small town where people still act a little bit normal. Shit happens here also but I don't think people are as paranoid as you.
    I live in a small town with a population of 1600ish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Not going to happen with the way you're treated by society when you report rape.
    I'm curious about what you mean? How do you believe you get treated by society? Genuine question, not fighting or nothin'. I'm curious about peoples expectations, i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Neither is yours though. At least not in the way you want it to. You're arguing potentials like it's definitive proof.

Huh? A study was cited in the previous page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You point is logically invalid because this is just a really damn obvious fallacy of argument from middle ground, and moreover your side isn't citing anything valid.
    NOR IS YOURS

Your side is citing studies that CAN be manipulated as CAN ours. However i see it being easier to manipulate yours. I'm sorry but it's true..ANd my trying to meet halfway is also called trying to be diplomatic. Truth is i don;t know the numbers. YOU DON'T EITHER.

This question is like the fucking lollipop. NO ONE knows how many rapes occur and how many false accusations..Not unless you have omniscient perception and the capacity to store all the data then sub categorize.

Studies and statistics in general are by their very nature faulty. We just use them to simplify things, But on emotional issues like this i honestly don't trust any of them due to the obvious emotional bias that will come into play short of having an entire team of bloody psychopaths(which if i recall right tend to lack emotional capacities entirely) thus making it a truly neutral study.

Unless something crazy like that happens emotional bias will always taint the results of these types of studies. You will browbeat people with your sacred picture and other will browbeat you with rape rates while ironically admitting their rates are likely wrong in some ways and you still preach yours as true.

This is still me being fairly civil but TBH THIS is why i'm not a fan of yours in these debates. ANY evidence against you or even attempts to try and be diplomatic just fall on deaf ears. Even when people have given you more then enough evidence you ignore them. Is it any wonder people ignore you as well?

outside oft his topic i have seen you be reasonable and sensible but in this particular area i cannot help but feel that you are too emotionally invested. Thus as far as gender roles go i honestly cannot respect your opinion.

And i am quite sure you feel the same. Though TBH i honestly don't care as long as no innocent individuals are penalized for things they didn't do and we finally refine the system to make women comfortable reporting then i say screw it all.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    We live in such a nice world.

I'm glad I live in a small town where people still act a little bit normal. Shit happens here also but I don't think people are as paranoid as you.
    Same where i live. One reason i love alaska.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    I'm curious about what you mean? How do you believe you get treated by society? Genuine question, not fighting or nothin'. I'm curious about peoples expectations, i guess.
    People not believing you, people questioning your amount of partners, people questioning how much you had drunk, what you were wearing, "did you fight back? no? then you weren't taken advantage of/raped". None of that even fucking matters. What matters is if someone doesn't want to. I've had sex with people even though I didn't want to because I was too scared to say no, too scared to not do it because they got pissed when I said no. Too scared to report it due to fear of some of them, what they would do to me if I reported it.

I have cited numerous academic studies on this subject. I have no idea what "potential" you think I'm arguing.
    Your studies. You're reading them wrong. They're studies that show that the numbers could potentially be this high and not it definitively is that high. Which is what most statistics like that show really.

Yes, and shame on all none of us who called you a bad guy for suggesting that in this thread.
    Because obviously I'm talking about everyone in this thread and it couldn't be an answer to the thread in general.

Deleted
    I don't think like that and I don't try to avoid people but I'm also a bit of a tomboy and guys sort of makes me feel more comfortable than girls since most of the girls in my town are major douchebags x) But I could imagine some people think like that

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because turbodyke feminists claim men are part of a rape-culture because we are born with penises. It's simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have some sort of sister issues. It's like you can't talk about women without going "you're just like my sister and that's bad!!!1111one"
    Yes those are issues with EXTREME FEMINISTS NOT WOMEN.BIG difference. I have many female friends maybe more then male at this point. But they don;t goa round saying half the shit you or my sister do even when this subject is brought up...Even the rape victims don't.

So sorry that you can;t seem to seperate a disdain for a VERY vocal and extremist subgroup from an entire group.

So again i ask you where have i shown hatred of WOMEN NOT Feminist extremists?

I'll just leave this here about the infographic.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...ntentions.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Your side is citing studies that CAN be manipulated as CAN ours.
    1) You haven't cited any study.
    2) You have failed to show how anything I cited is actually "manipulated".

There is no getting around the fact that you're basically sticking fingers into your ears going "lalala I reject your evidence" while having none of your own whatsoever. You don't have an argument at all.

you are too emotionally invested
    There you go again. Can't address my arguments with facts, so complain about me being "emotional". You don't have to respect my opinion; but facts are not a matter of opinion. And the fact is, I have cited numerous studies when it comes to gender issues to support my case. You have neither shown anything wrong with what I cited, nor cited anything valid of your own, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    People not believing you, people questioning your amount of partners, people questioning how much you had drunk, what you were wearing, "did you fight back? no? then you weren't taken advantage of/raped". None of that even fucking matters. What matters is if someone doesn't want to. I've had sex with people even though I didn't want to because I was too scared to say no, too scared to not do it because they got pissed when I said no. Too scared to report it due to fear of some of them, what they would do to me if I reported it.
    See most if not all of those are wrong. The past is the past. They should just investigate that one case and not go around asking about a womans sexual history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    See most if not all of those are wrong. The past is the past. They should just investigate that one case and not go around asking about a womans sexual history.
    It's people in society doing that, not the people at the court.

Every guy I'm friends with online is probably a legit rapist in real life, this isn't a stereotype, it's the truth.

this includes myself

I'm sorry, I love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    I'll just leave this here about the infographic.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...ntentions.html
    "The graphic overestimates the number of false accusations."

"It is true that most rapes go unreported, that the public believes false accusations are exponentially more common than they actually are, and that a man's chances of being falsely accused of rape are incredibly small."

I'm sure the author had the best intentions but it doesn't really change the basic validity of the graphic despite what the slightly misleading title lead MRA misogynists to believe.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood that. If you don't want to do it - you don't do it. Thats how I treated every women in the past and my wife now. Neither I understand why exactly women fear to report or to resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's people in society doing that, not the people at the court.
    Which i find messed up TBH. I can see the drink one depending. But not the others. And even then. I guess i;ma rare man who takes no to ALWAYS mean no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Your studies. You're reading them wrong. They're studies that show that the numbers could potentially be this high and not it definitively is that high. Which is what most statistics like that show really.
    No, that's ridiculous. The studies show that there is 95% confidence that the numbers are that high. This is incredibly basic research common sense.

Deleted
    Why do men get so angry and disgusted when women are just being careful? If I had a man or woman avoiding me I wouldn't feel bad about, perhaps just wonder if I really look that dodgy. But does it hurt you if a woman avoids you? I don't see any harm done. If they want to be careful or scared, let them be careful or scared. If they have other reasons then let them do that. It's their business. It doesn't affect you in any bad way. Just, let them be? I really don't see the issue there. It's not like she's pointing the finger at you, screaming 'OMG YOU RAPIST! EVERYONE, RUN FOR YOU LIVES!'.

>.>

Ye, and on top of that not every single woman behaves that way. If they do, then it might have something to do that the criminal rate (or similar) is very high in that particular neighbourhood, or she got some bad experience, or a friend of hers got smacked, who knows. I'm not scared of anyone, the only people that I do avoid is when it's a large group of men, like 3+ and they all stare at me. :P