10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Even so, Kaiden > Ashley.

Hell, I'll go all the way and put this in:

Jacob > Ashley.
    Oh my god, I almost fell out of my chair from how hilarious this was...

15+ Year Old Account
    Even so, Kaiden > Ashley.

Hell, I'll go all the way and put this in:

Jacob > Ashley.

Woah bro...I don't know if I can agree with this statement. Meh, I'm just a little upset that I have to have her alive in order to see the little dialog between garrus and tali if you don't romance either

I gotta say, it's hilarious how many of the people in this thread jumped on the Mass Effect character name bandwagon when we all found out you can change your name on the forums. lol

Of course we are, did anyone else see the blue space goat assassin in mass effect with a product placement name in Omega?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    That and who honestly enjoyed listening to her bitching about everything that Shep did. At least Kaiden's Voice wasn't annoying to listen to.
    WoW major Ashley hate in this thread Ashley Williams loves the Alliance as her Grandpa General Williams did so she was shocked when she heard that Shepard lives and works for a "terror" Organization in ME2. She was shocked when she saw Shepard back in Alliance clothes in ME3 and was not sure what to think of it.

I also think that it was poor writing to have Shepard suddenly rejoin the Alliance after his intermezzo with Cerberus without any solid reason. Why wasn't anyone else suspicious that Shepard could actually infiltrate the Alliance for Cerberus or something along this line.

So Ashley meets Shepard on Earth and they go onto a Mission on Mars. Suddenly Cerberus is there and so Ashley assumes that Shepard knew that or at least told Cerberus about the discovery that only Hackett knew. She has every right to ask Shepard about Cerberus and if he is still with them.

The Cerberus coup is stupid but if you visited Ashley often enough in the Hospital she trusts Shepard and does not attempt to shoot him. If you have not visited her she still thinks Shepard is with Cerberus and can not be persuaded to put down her weapon.

For me Ashley along with Garrus was my favorite Squad mate in ME1 and now in ME3. I like her VA and her new look is way better than her old one. The only thing that´s a bit stupid is her skirt outfit but her heavy armor looks great.

BTW: If you consider that my Shepard wore Cerberus Ajax Armor and used the Cerberus Harrier during the coup it´s a wonder that Ashely put down her weapon (see http://i.imgur.com/WlbMD.jpg)
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-12 at 08:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always considered my female Shepard to have Garrus as her second in command, since he was there for every game and is simply her most trusted friend. I see my Shepard as portraying a big sister role for Tali, and in turn, Tali would do anything for Shepard, because she considers her to be family. So f**king glad I had enough Paragon to save both the geth and the quarians. I would have been devasted to lose Tali, seriously.

Liara would be third in command, because Tali said she didn't want the admiral rank (meaning she doesn't want to make choices). Her ideas are very close to those of my Shepard, that's why I'd choose her over Kaidan as being third in command. He always seems to have different ideas than Shepard.

Garrus > Tali > Liara > haven't decided who comes after yet. I really liked Jack, Thane and Wrex, but since they are only part of your squad in one game, I can't really consider them as part of the team.

I choose Kaidan over Ashley, because my Shepard at that point, had started with Kaidan as a love interest.
    Statix will suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I also think that it was poor writing to have Shepard suddenly rejoin the Alliance after his intermezzo with Cerberus without any solid reason. Why wasn't anyone else suspicious that Shepard could actually infiltrate the Alliance for Cerberus or something along this line.
    I'm sure the top commanders were really worried about his Cerberus ties when they got the job because the last ones were obliterated by a creature that "might be a terrorist" was warning them against for years. Shepard didn't so much rejoin as he was forced into doing it. It was the only way he could still fight and Admiral Anderson (some one with pull and belief in Shepard) enabled it to happen.

Besides when the Reapers are owning Earth does it really matter if you are a terrorist or not? As long as you help in the effort. Just think if Shepard was working for Cerberus and how phantoms could have aided the war effort against the Reapers. Or how colonies of "husk" soldiers could have made a difference. Or if it was really Shepard and not the Illusive man that had the implant to control the Reapers. There might not have even been a need for the Crucible and the Catalyst.

It could have made for an interesting story to be able to choose who you work for but it also would have doubled the work as two different stories and games would have to be created to do the job right.

In regard to Ashley I only found her getting mad at you for having intimate encounters with other women while you were broken up even more so when the Mass Effect 2 romance was a "side mission" (With jack).

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    I really liked Jack
    I wish she had a bigger role in Mass Effect 3. It would have been cool to see her as a background character in a phantom-like suit stolen when you raided Cerberus. She also should have played a bigger role in the Sanctuary storyline since both her and Miranda were "test subjects" for creating Cerberus super soldiers. Instead of rescuing them from Grissom Academy it would be been a lot better to rescue them from the phantom training facility.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I'm sure the top commanders were really worried about his Cerberus ties when they got the job because the last ones were obliterated by a creature that "might be a terrorist" was warning them against for years. Shepard didn't so much rejoin as he was forced into doing it. It was the only way he could still fight and Admiral Anderson (some one with pull and belief in Shepard) enabled it to happen.

Besides when the Reapers are owning Earth does it really matter if you are a terrorist or not? As long as you help in the effort. Just think if Shepard was working for Cerberus and how phantoms could have aided the war effort against the Reapers. Or how colonies of "husk" soldiers could have made a difference. Or if it was really Shepard and not the Illusive man that had the implant to control the Reapers. There might not have even been a need for the Crucible and the Catalyst.

It could have made for an interesting story to be able to choose who you work for but it also would have doubled the work as two different stories and games would have to be created to do the job right.

In regard to Ashley I only found her getting mad at you for having intimate encounters with other women while you were broken up even more so when the Mass Effect 2 romance was a "side mission" (With jack).

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 04:10 AM ----------

I wish she had a bigger role in Mass Effect 3. It would have been cool to see her as a background character in a phantom-like suit stolen when you raided Cerberus. She also should have played a bigger role in the Sanctuary storyline since both her and Miranda were "test subjects" for creating Cerberus super soldiers. Instead of rescuing them from Grissom Academy it would be been a lot better to rescue them from the phantom training facility.
    Yeah sure the Reapers showed up and Earth is under attack so I assume that Hackett and Anderson decided to forget Shepard´s past as he basically tried to warn them about the Reapers for years. Yet I think that it was kinda stupid that Anderson just said that Shepard is reinstated and gave him the Normandy without actually knowing what he was up to.

Shepard could have used the Normandy to secretly work for Cerberus while officially still working for the Alliance (double agent style). It was kinda shortsighted but on the other hand pretty logically as the reapers already attacked and the Admirals had no other choice then reinstate him.

I can totally understand Ashley's doubts about Shepard and Cerberus and I don´t think that she acts stupid or stuff.

BTW: I would have loved to see an option to either stay with Cerberus or join the Alliance at the beginning of ME3. This could have been tied to the Collector base. If you gave it to TIM you would join Cerberus (with an alternate option to join the Alliance) and if you destroyed it you join the Alliance (same alternate option). This way you could still have the current missions because if you stay with Cerberus you could still work for the Alliance as Double agent and thus do all the current missions (although the Cerberus coup and Cerberus HQ would need another concept especially in regards of Kai Leng). Add a bunch of extra missions that TIM gives you and you have an amazing game.

Double crossing the Alliance sounds fun

Deleted
    Jacob > Ashley.
    I never asked for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, just thought about what could have been a more Mass Effect like ending to the game. Mass Effect is all about your choices affecting the game, yet all your choices of the past three games have no direct affect on the endings of Mass Effect 3.

It would have been a far better ending if we never got to choose between any of the options. A better ending would be that the Reapers are always destroyed, regardless of your EMS. Your EMS would simply determine at what cost.

For example, if you choose not to gather all the War Assets related to the Crucible, the Crucible would be less effective in destroying the Reapers. As the player's EMS goes down, more things are destroyed alongside the Reapers. The Citadel and the Mass Relays would go from being damaged to eventually being destroyed at the lowest EMS. At lower EMS synthetics would be affected; bodies would cease to function in units close to the Citadel until eventually all bodies in the galaxy would cease to function, but they would not be destroyed (so EDI and the geth would survive). As your EMS got even lower than that, the damage dealt to synthetics would increase, from completely destroying them close to the Citadel to completely destroying them all over the galaxy. Your EMS would affect how the Reapers are destroyed; these just cease to function or they explode with severe force, killing tens or hundreds of thousands, with the worst EMS letting them explode with nuclear force, killing millions across the galaxy.

Not gathering enough fleet related War Assets would result in a less effective attack on the Reapers. Losing squad mates for example. Not having gathered enough fleet War Assets could even result in a game over, in that you would completely fail to fight off the Reapers until the Crucible arrives. This way, your Paragon and Renegade choices directly affect the ending of the game. By betraying Wrex, you lose the Krogans, but gain the Salarians. By ending the conflict between the geth and the quarians, you create a more powerful fleet. Choosing not to probe any planets would have severe impact on the ending of the game. Choices affecting the end.

Now, high EMS means I get a choice, but it should be that high EMS simply improves the one ending everyone gets.

If I look at the endings alone, they aren't bad at all, it's just that they don't fit into the Mass Effect games. They are the opposite of what Mass Effect stands for. If the game wasn't about choices that affect the game, more like the Star Wars the Old Republic Light and Dark decisions, than these endings would be more fitting.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-02-12 at 07:02 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feb 12, 2013
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Biotic Charge Power
    - Evolution 5 chance of not causing a cooldown increased from 33% to 50%

Annihilation Field Power
    - Evolution 5 damage bonus increased from 50% to 65%

Hydraulic Joints Gear
    - Melee damage bonus increased from [5%-15%] to [10%-20%]

Collector Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [68.3-85.4] to [73.0-91.3]

Incisor Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [93.3-116.6] to [98.0-122.5]

10+ Year Old Account
    http://biowarestore.com/18-inch-norm...a-deposit.html

Goddammit if I only had $300 to blow . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I would love to get the Watch but 350 € are just to much for a watch in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    I would love to get the Watch but 350 € are just to much for a watch in my opinion.
    You know you just jelly of my watch. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    That may be true indeed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Nah NEVER ... I have my Cerberus watch (damn that one would be cool)

We totally need a Cerberus watch besides the N7 watch. I would gladly pay the 350 bucks for it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 09:34 AM ----------

Chris Priestly wrote...

A couple of points:
    1 - We have said that the DLC does not change the ending of the game. That would apply to changing movies involved in the ending.

2 - If you've read the twitter comments, you'd know teh DLC is being played and tested by the team currently. At this point, it is basically content complete (meaning nothing more gets added). So anything you request has to already be in the DLC as it is too late to add it in now.

Chris Priestly wrote...

We absolutely do listen to feedback and the feedback you give us matters. I cannot discuss the upcoming DLC yet, but I think people will see that we listened to feedback and, hopefully, you will see that reflected in the product.

HOWEVER

We said that with the release of the Extended Cut, we were done with the endings of Mass Effect 3. We stated this very clearly and kept saying it multiple times. If you chose to ignore this and continued to give feedback about the ending, that was absolutely your right. I hope you enjoyed yourself, but we said we were done with the endings.

To say "they're not giving us new endings, they aren't listening" (or whatever) is not true. You assumed that, despite us repeatedly saying we would not change the ending, that we would change the ending. We are listening, but we said almost 9 months ago that the endings would not change, you ignored this. You also assume that the only feedback we had was about the ending of the game.

As I said, hopefully you will see the new DLC (whether you buy it immediately, wait for reviews, wait for YouTube, etc) does take feedback into consideration. We will be talking more about the DLC before it comes out (hopefully next week, but it is still TBD) and you'll like what you see and get it.
    Take that !! Hopefully now most guys that still want another ending stop demanding it Well it is almost nonexistant here but BSN is still crawling with guys that demand a new ending DLC

BTW: If you don´t know it Chris Priestly is ME CM at BW so this posts are legit (see https://twitter.com/BioEvilChris)
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-13 at 08:40 AM.

i still want a new ending but im not demanding they make one just cause i want to, but if they want to make one im not gonna stop them thats for sure
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Soooo. Mid-February is this week. My bet is that we get some sort of info Thursday or Friday. And if we don't, it'll have to happen next week for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Soooo. Mid-February is this week. My bet is that we get some sort of info Thursday or Friday. And if we don't, it'll have to happen next week for sure.
    Well sadly Chris Priestly wrote that yesterday ... either he talks bullshit and an announcement is really this week (mid feb) or he is right and it is next week

As I said, hopefully you will see the new DLC (whether you buy it immediately, wait for reviews, wait for YouTube, etc) does take feedback into consideration. We will be talking more about the DLC before it comes out (hopefully next week, but it is still TBD) and you'll like what you see and get it.

Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-13 at 09:20 AM.

Well, crud.