Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mullermilch View Post
    Don't give up, just take each week by week, try not to look to far ahead and focus on now, I'm losing weight at the moment also, and before I always looked too far ahead wishful thinking how good it will be when I lost all the weight, but then I would have a bad week and not lose anything or maybe only half a pound and it was so hard to take, it really demoralises you, so I'v learned to work for that week and make the next weigh in day the challenge , to beat the week before, and not focus on what's to come in the many months ahead,

This has helped me as the week goes fast, and week by week the weight will come off and you will see results and be happy ( tho mine is on a standstill at the moment, but hopefully found the problem

good luck on your journey

You're suppose to have long term goals.

I haven't read all from the others so excuse me if they said it already. Anyway, I'm like 1.68 cm and 2 years agoo I was around 95kg, wich is alot for my height. For me what worked was, I was working from 09:00 till 21:00 ( half off time was for school ), we had a huge break at around 18:00, and our company paied for the food, so we ordered what we wanted and eated, after that we went to work again. What it did for me was, I was only eating on work, and same time burning every calories I just eated. Ofcourse don't push it to hard with the working after just eated, otherwise you will have stumich problems. So anyway it went on for like that for a month or 2, I didn;t eated more then just on work.

When my school hours on the work was done, I was working only from 13:00 till 21:00, so before that I was going to exercise. I also was doing soccer on sunday and wednesday. Now in the 3 months, I lost about 30kg, wich is alot. So what I'm trying to say is, you can just eat good enough and exercise, you don't have to go super crazy on it, but just don't eat to much, eat brown bread with some non fat cheese or something ( I didn't used it ) stick to scedule on when your eating and keep exercise and you will be fine. All in all you decide what you do, and nobody else can push you then your own mind!

Deleted
    I'm not overweight and I still can't get myself to do anything healthy. I have my excuses and you have yours(being overweight). Get off you bum and lift some weights if it really bothers you, or don't if you don't want to. There are no excuses for not doing that if that's what you really want to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    You're suppose to have long term goals.
    I didn't say no long term goals . I meant if you only think of what it will be like in months to come, it will be harder, if you focus on your diet, and training week by week, working out the best training and diet and learning about nutriation, untill your at the end of that long term goal

Weight loss is a long process, it requires perseverance........

Man I think the key to weight loss is just doing a little bit at a time and you have to be disciplined. But I see people all the time try to like go cold turkey and go from eating 4000 cals a day down to like 500 and that just doesn't work. Go down to 3000 for a month and exercise a little every day and gradually work down, it will take time but it works.

It all comes down to willpower.

If you want to lose the weight so much, then damn well do it. The first week is the hardest. If you can get past the first week, you're half way there to changing your life in my opinion.

Cut the food, and do LIGHT exercise, even if that's just walking up the stairs again and again for 5 minutes. Drink tons of water. Change to wholemeal bread if you haven't done so already. Don't try and focus on too many things at once. Your weight seems rather dangerous, so put all your energy into losing it. If you have other things you need to focus on in your life, it's going to be more difficult.

Got a job? Take a week off. Get into rhythm. Focus on cutting down the food first. You're going to be hungry. No doubt.

Go through a day and eat 5 healthy meals of moderate size. Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, Dinner.

Everyone has the power. You have the power. Now get of your fat ass, and change your life son.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    It all comes down to willpower.

If you want to lose the weight so much, then damn well do it. The first week is the hardest. If you can get past the first week, you're half way there to changing your life in my opinion.

Cut the food, and do LIGHT exercise, even if that's just walking up the stairs again and again for 5 minutes. Drink tons of water. Change to wholemeal bread if you haven't done so already. Don't try and focus on too many things at once. Your weight seems rather dangerous, so put all your energy into losing it. If you have other things you need to focus on in your life, it's going to be more difficult.

Got a job? Take a week off. Get into rhythm. Focus on cutting down the food first. You're going to be hungry. No doubt.

Go through a day and eat 5 healthy meals of moderate size. Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, Dinner.

Everyone has the power. You have the power. Now get of your fat ass, and change your life son.

Hope this helps.

No, you dont have to eat 5-6 times a day.

No, you dont have to eat 5-6 times a day.
    Eating 5 lighter meals a day helps boost your metabolism and stops you from over indulging.

While you don't have to. It helps.

It would also help to put some extra muscle on as well BigKen. More Muscle. More calorie burn.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2013-02-22 at 06:29 PM.

Eating 5 lighter meals a day helps boost your metabolism
    Source?

stops you from over indulging
    Completely subjective.

Deleted
    Eating 5 lighter meals a day helps boost your metabolism and stops you from over indulging.

While you don't have to. It helps.

It would also help to put some extra muscle on as well BigKen. More Muscle. More calorie burn.
    No, it doesnt boost your metabolism. Educate yourself.
    And over indulging, have you tried getting some damn self discipline?

Deleted
    As someone who had quite severe weight problems due to medication and a very poor lifestyle a while back, I can only say that you need a lot of willpower, I had to get it and decide to end that kind of life for once and for all, I started a custom diet just for me, eating healthy and having a burger or a pizza just once in a while, a lot of exercise and sleeping properly, yes it does help. Nowadays I have absolutely no weight problems, I still eat healthy and I feel way better not just because my body feels good, also because when I look at myself in the mirror I actually look normal, I also started swimming and going out for a bike ride whenever I can, healthy lifestyle rules, it's hard to get it but soooo worth it!

by eating small meals your insuline levels doesnt peak as much as with big meals, so less cravings en slightly more weight loss

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/con...6/1/4.full.pdf

Deleted
    It's not rocket science, if you take in more calories than you burn off you put on weight

Get off your fat ass and do something with your life, you have your health which is more than many people have, you are just lazy and uneducated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by utharion View Post
    by eating small meals your insuline levels doesnt peak as much as with big meals, so less cravings en slightly more weight loss

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/con...6/1/4.full.pdf
    Again. Cravins are a self disciplin thing. Try it.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/38...ur-metabolism/

Typically people eat three large meals each day. However, eating smaller meals more often can boost your metabolism. In addition to maintaining essential body functions, your metabolism is affected by physical activity and the thermogenic effect of food. Every time you eat, your metabolism increases to break down food. Eating smaller meals more often will keep your metabolism higher throughout the day.

http://www.today.com/id/13910708/sit.../#.USe9sqUtxkY

Eat every four to five hours. Our bodies work hard to digest and absorb the foods we eat, and your metabolism revs up in response. This is called the thermic effect of food. Take full advantage of this and schedule meals and snacks every four to five hours.

Two sources. I thought it was common knowledge personally. I've always been told eating little and often is a great way to speed up metabolism. It worked wonders for me as well.

Yes it's subjective but for someone who is 500 pounds and finding it hard to cut back, every little helps right?

@Harzaka.

I agree you need self discipline 100%, but if you're 500 pounds and have a unhealthy lifestyle and by the sounds of the guy, he's desperate. I'm just offering advice. If you don't agree, fair enough. I'm not a fitness expert, but I've learnt from experience and it's worked, so why would I discount it?

I would say willpower and self-discipline really would help, as stated before of course. xD

I'm 4'11" and 99 lbs and regularly go jogging and eat breakfast and it's enough to keep me at the weight I want. I'm naturally a pretty lazy person but once you get into it, the daily routine, it becomes just like using the bathroom or eating dinner. It's something you do because you've done it for the past months or years.

I'm no health expert or anything, but after reading your post and others, if you have the want and motivation, and it's large enough, you can definitely lose the weight!

Again. Cravins are a self disciplin thing. Try it.
    i have discipline, 190cm 83kg 8% bf

Two sources. I thought it was common knowledge personally. I've always been told eating little and often is a great way to speed up metabolism. It worked wonders for me as well.
    It's a myth, not common knowledge.

http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh...heet_%28WIP%29 - Nutritional Myths section, sourced
    Quotes from doctors, not bloggers
    More sources in the article

Deleted
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/38...ur-metabolism/

Typically people eat three large meals each day. However, eating smaller meals more often can boost your metabolism. In addition to maintaining essential body functions, your metabolism is affected by physical activity and the thermogenic effect of food. Every time you eat, your metabolism increases to break down food. Eating smaller meals more often will keep your metabolism higher throughout the day.

http://www.today.com/id/13910708/sit.../#.USe9sqUtxkY

Eat every four to five hours. Our bodies work hard to digest and absorb the foods we eat, and your metabolism revs up in response. This is called the thermic effect of food. Take full advantage of this and schedule meals and snacks every four to five hours.

Yes it's subjective but for someone who is 500 pounds and finding it hard to cut back, every little helps right?

@Harzaka.

I agree you need self discipline 100%, but if you're 500 pounds and have a unhealthy lifestyle and by the sounds of the guy, he's desperate. I'm just offering advice. If you don't agree, fair enough. I'm not a fitness expert, but I've learnt from experience and it's worked, so why would I discount it?
    And you probably would have gotten the same results if you ate 3 times a day.
    It doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by utharion View Post
    i have discipline, 190cm 83kg 8% bf
    Cool story bro, do you know how 8% BF looks like?