10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Bills is a boss.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Hm.. May we see Ascended Gogeta in future? That would be insane.

Also, it's a damn shame that new form requires teamwork. I wanted to see it be a form Goku could tap in to at will as the fight progresses/gets difficult.
    I dunno, from what I was reading, it sounded like once Goku got a taste of the SSG, he reverted back from it but could still tap into the energy that makes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I dunno, from what I was reading, it sounded like once Goku got a taste of the SSG, he reverted back from it but could still tap into the energy that makes it.
    Just imagine a fusion if both Vegeta and Goku had SSG on one of the future movies, that would make for a pretty dangerous and scary powerful Saiyan.

Deleted
    Funny how it begins with Roshi being the boss in terms of power.

Several years later you have Saiyans who blow up galaxies.

Different meaning to the word 'progress'.

10+ Year Old Account
    roshi was a boss human

too bad humans suck and will never achieve a damned thing no matter how hard they try

yes FUCK U TIEN

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 04:13 AM ----------

i love bills fighting style it really goes back to the roots of dragon ball which is martial arts. bills movements are def more in line with the martial arts compared to anything since the saiyan saga.

for the most part no one really used martial arts after nappa, it was all beams and punches/kics with the occasional bite
    hell broly is more like a pro wrestler then much else

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 05:04 AM ----------

FOR THE FANS

LE YOUNG ROSHI
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-03-21 at 05:08 AM.

Young Roshi, damn seeing that gave me that feeling of mortality. Feels bad seeing your favourite characters get old... especially Krillin in GT. Too many feels.

any way I had a thought.

A DBZ Reboot, not a remake (Kai), but like a reboot, different shit happening etc.

Deleted
    I wonder if any people commited suicide in the Cell saga when he was on the big tv,s in the cities.

The people commiting suicide thinking Cell would win and destroy earth. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I wonder if any people commited suicide in the Cell saga when he was on the big tv,s in the cities.

The people commiting suicide thinking Cell would win and destroy earth. :P
    What baffles me still is how incredibly stupid the entire human population was. You see a strange creature walking around with the ability to suck out people's essence, and you think that just because he said so, random earth human guy named Hercule can kill it. No. When you see an alien with magic powers, you gotta pretty much assume that it's gonna be stronger than any human. Especially after seeing what it can do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What baffles me still is how incredibly stupid the entire human population was. You see a strange creature walking around with the ability to suck out people's essence, and you think that just because he said so, random earth human guy named Hercule can kill it. No. When you see an alien with magic powers, you gotta pretty much assume that it's gonna be stronger than any human. Especially after seeing what it can do.
    This too.

Also retarded militairy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that, they truly believed the world was doomed if Hercule lost. So they believed that Cell was indeed capable of destroying the world, but that a basic martial artist could defeat him.

Wait a moment... up to the Saiyan Saga, the media were reasonably accepting of farfetched tales. They believed that Vegeta and Nappa were indeed aliens powerful enough for mass destruction. Their skepticism didn't come until later. So what happened in between the world believing about the Saiyans but not about Cell that could effect them?

Goku's Spirit Bomb. He didn't just take their energy, he took their brain power. That's why King Kai said it was so dangerous, and that it could destroy the planet. It turned all the non-ki users into morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    a wizard did it

FUCK U BOBBITY

also everyone forgot about piccolo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    a wizard did it

FUCK U BOBBITY

also everyone forgot about piccolo
    I don't know, lately I have felt Piccolo and Vegeta to be my favorite characters.

Piccolo because he has shown to have some intelligence. Vegeta because he doesn't give a shit about anything but fighting. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he meant the people of Earth forgot about Piccolo.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    Yeah I know, just wanted to add that. :P

Also who thinks the music with the Cell Juniors is obnoxious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Not only that, they truly believed the world was doomed if Hercule lost. So they believed that Cell was indeed capable of destroying the world, but that a basic martial artist could defeat him.

Wait a moment... up to the Saiyan Saga, the media were reasonably accepting of farfetched tales. They believed that Vegeta and Nappa were indeed aliens powerful enough for mass destruction. Their skepticism didn't come until later. So what happened in between the world believing about the Saiyans but not about Cell that could effect them?

Goku's Spirit Bomb. He didn't just take their energy, he took their brain power. That's why King Kai said it was so dangerous, and that it could destroy the planet. It turned all the non-ki users into morons.
    Not only that, but i wondered where the hell did all the fighters go who fought in the tournament in classic Dragon Ball? There were all those techniques like cloning yourself and different kinds of energy blasts. Hell, Roshis Kamehame Ha was famous. But in Dragon Ball Z all that stuff is suddenly just cheap tricks with mirrors and fireworks... Even the physical strength and speed was an a whole different scale. Most of these fighters would eat Hercule for breakfast...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Not only that, but i wondered where the hell did all the fighters go who fought in the tournament in classic Dragon Ball? There were all those techniques like cloning yourself and different kinds of energy blasts. Hell, Roshis Kamehame Ha was famous. But in Dragon Ball Z all that stuff is suddenly just cheap tricks with mirrors and fireworks... Even the physical strength and speed was an a whole different scale. Most of these fighters would eat Hercule for breakfast...
    The only logical explanation that I can think of other than "Toriyama forgot about it or ignored it" is that the martial arts fanbase simply changed. The martial arts fans that witnessed the techniques displayed by Roshi, Tien, Goku and company lost interest due to the fighting level decreasing (the Budokai host does tell Goku during the Buu saga that things haven't been the same since they stopped participating), and a new "breed" of fans showed up during Hercule's "reign".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    The only logical explanation that I can think of other than "Toriyama forgot about it or ignored it" is that the martial arts fanbase simply changed. The martial arts fans that witnessed the techniques displayed by Roshi, Tien, Goku and company lost interest due to the fighting level decreasing (the Budokai host does tell Goku during the Buu saga that things haven't been the same since they stopped participating), and a new "breed" of fans showed up during Hercule's "reign".
    I prefer my "Spirit Bomb steals brain power" theory. The problem with the different martial art fan base theory is that it doesn't explain how the rest of the world forgets about King Piccolo, or Roshi destroying the moon. Even though Piccolo's reign was short, he did successfully overthrow the king of the world. That type of thing would probably be in the news for a while, and be in high school textbooks and stuff. If you think about it in real life terms, the conquest of the world and the destruction of the moon would be more important than 9/11, a presidential assassination, a city being nuked, and the fall of the Roman Empire, and yet the DB world forgets about them less than a generation later. At least half the population lived through it, and just forgot.

(Probably fan made, but who cares) (spoiler)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I don't know, lately I have felt Piccolo and Vegeta to be my favorite characters.

Piccolo because he has shown to have some intelligence. Vegeta because he doesn't give a shit about anything but fighting. :P
    I especially loved that scene after Vegeta destroyed Android 19 and Piccolo calls Vegeta a tactical genius for bluffing.

Come to think of it, Goku's strength comes from never giving up and somehow he always finds a way. Gohan's strength comes from being super gifted. But Vegeta and Piccolo are probably the two best tacticians. I like that about them.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    (Probably fan made, but who cares)
    The voices do sound quite similar. If it's fan made, it's probably put together with sound files from older episodes.

Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-03-22 at 04:39 PM.