Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Topic reads "Why do people who have a life, have to be treated the same as a no life Troll Like me?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    If the boss dies the group get's loot. They deserve it. Some folks don't have the time to devote to regular normal/heroic raiding so LFR is good for them. Yeap some folks have busy real lives and can only squeeze in an LFR here and there. Perhaps a "Special Snowflake" title is needed.
    Raiders already have a special snowflake title for raiding. The only way to get the title is to do the 25M versions Last I looked, 25M LFR does not give a title. And, I agree with you. Not all of us want to devote 15-50 hours a week to a video game just to see content.

My biggest problem with LFR honestly is just long queue times, which is a logistics issue and no real fault of Blizzards.

I rarely have any issues with the groups I get when I queue on Tuesdays/Wednesdays.

I also have absolutely no issues with the gear that drops for LFR. It's not as good as normal or heroic gear, so there's absolutely nothing to complain about.

This is a bad thread that shouldn't exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Considering that the coins for additional rolls were changed with 5.2 the most rolls someone could get is nine plus LFR has only allowed players to loot nine bosses so far it would not be uncommon for someone to receive only one or two pieces of loot, some will even have not seen a single drop, therefore an item level of 492 (12 higher than needed to enter LFR) could be considered quite decent.

I am not sure why you think that someone who exclusively plays LFR would owe you an explanation as to why they do not have a higher ilvl from a completely random loot system or as to why you think that demoting them social would be some kind of punishment.
    Incase it was too hard to read the obvious, I'm talking about the generic situation where people are in a guild.

And with increase droprate it is uncommon, as I said...after 5.2 if you can't get a decent Ilvl within 2-3 weeks you just suck at progressing your character. There no point in even dicussing that.

Some people never heard of pugging either.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Raiders already have a special snowflake title for raiding. The only way to get the title is to do the 25M versions Last I looked, 25M LFR does not give a title. And, I agree with you. Not all of us want to devote 15-50 hours a week to a video game just to see content.
    I spend more time in LFR on 3 bosses then I do in normal...you might bring up that it never happens to you, but we all know you would be telling lies. It's a rare occasion where on new content you oneshot bosses in LFR...even two or 3 shot them.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-03-26 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    It's a rare occasion where on new content you oneshot bosses in LFR...even two or 3 shot them.
    I have to disagree with this, to some extent. We remember the times we wipe a lot more than we remember the times things go smoothly.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

People who participate in lfr come from various skill levels, Ive seen ppl from Crisp and Nemesis in my lfr on Baelgun. Not everyone who participartes in lfr needs to learn to raid, some of us have raided heroic content at the time it was current. So lets just clear-up the whole misconception that all lfr's are somehow inferior mmmkay. Every one of us had to learn to raid at some point, we made mistakes thats called progression and learning. Seriously why does it matter to you if ppl in lfr get a buff or epic gear, gear which is inferior by large degrees to anything normal or heroic or crafted gear offers? So tired of the exclusionary, entitlement attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend more time in LFR on 3 bosses then I do in normal...you might bring up that it never happens to you, but we all know you would be telling lies. It's a rare occasion where on new content you oneshot bosses in LFR...even two or 3 shot them.
    I agree. LFR is not the 1 shot option that all of the hardcore raiders claim it to be. The only time it ever gets close to that is after wipe 8 or 9. Every wipe adds more HP nerfing. I've never had an LFR run perfectly smooth, and I never found it particularly simple to run. Then again, I am an extreme casual who has only been into LFR 3 times on my rogue and seldom have the time or inclination to go back in. Life is busy. But, I do think LFR is ideal for people who do not have the 15-50 hours a week prepping/raiding and should not be made harder or removed just because some reg/hard raider is offended by its very existence.

Deleted
    What buff?

Hold on. Someone bragging about getting ilvl 495 1-2 weeks after dinging 90 from LFR is calling out others for lying? I'm pretty confused at your argument now. First you exaggerate about how easily you geared up in LFR, now you're saying LFR takes longer than normal?

Quote Originally Posted by trollingisokayhere View Post
    This new buff when you wipe has made LFR even worse. Spare me the horseshit about how LFR is good, it does nothing but hurt the game. If you can't even be bothered to try and play the game why should you get loot? Oh and clearly loot is all the people care about because if they were really there to see the content they might try.
    Well, you don't even explain why the new buff is bad. So I think you don't have too much to speak.

Also, look at yout name and post count...

The buff encourages the group to stay together through wipes. That's probably the most important raid habit to teach, far more basic and vital than knowing when to kick turtles and whatnot. The LFRs I've been in in 5.2 have been more orderly than before. When there's a wipe or two the group doesn't fall apart. Actual strategizing happens. All of this is an improvement. I don't see the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    What buff?
    The more you wipe, the more the boss HP is "reduced". Essentially, giving the group a buff.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This new buff when you wipe has made LFR even worse. Spare me the horseshit about how LFR is good, it does nothing but hurt the game. If you can't even be bothered to try and play the game why should you get loot? Oh and clearly loot is all the people care about because if they were really there to see the content they might try.
    Agreed. Blizzard just keeps catering to downies. Now they even make the watered-down crap easier if you are too bad to down it...

10+ Year Old Account
    I could not agree more. Raid finder was enough of a joke on its own. There was no need for this buff. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Agreed. Blizzard just keeps catering to downies. Now they even make the watered-down crap easier if you are too bad to down it...
    Let me guess, 3/12 N so you like to put down people who run LFR to make yourself feel like a raiding hotshot.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    I never understood this mentality. Why do you people even care about what happens in LFR? Are they encroaching your heroic raids? No. You have your heroic raid, they have their LFR. You have your playground, they have theirs. Let them play in their playground and stop groaning and moaning about what is happening.

Incase it was too hard to read the obvious, I'm talking about the generic situation where people are in a guild.

And with increase droprate it is uncommon, as I said...after 5.2 if you can't get a decent Ilvl within 2-3 weeks you just suck at progressing your character. There no point in even dicussing that.

Some people never heard of pugging either.
    I'm not sure you should be throwing around insults about things being "too hard to read" when your reply that I quoted was in response to some who wrote " My main runs lfr every week for the last 3 months and he's only 492ilv. Btw I can't play enough to actually be in a real raid group..." so being in raid guild is not relevant.

Even with the increased drop rate, which only applies to the 5.0 raids and would not be much help to get you past ilvl 490, it is still possible to run LFR and not receive a single item, out of about 15-16 rolls on 5.0 bosses since 5.2 I have received 2 drops.

Why would someone who only runs LFR bother with the hassle of pugging?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I never understood this mentality. Why do you people even care about what happens in LFR? Are they encroaching your heroic raids? No. You have your heroic raid, they have their LFR. You have your playground, they have theirs. Let them play in their playground and stop groaning and moaning about what is happening.
    Compare it to a marathon. Some people run it to win, others to beat their own best time, while some are just happy to finish. Now, imagine that the race organizers start moving the finish line back towards the start, and that there is no distinction between between those who ran the whole marathon and those who just ran some of it. It cheapens and degrades the whole experience.

Deleted
    The marathon example you just gave is a good example as to why we have LFR/Normal/HC (so everyone can do content, whether that be.. finish it/get a PB/race others) . I don't see anyone moving the finish line. Do you?

LFR gets LFR gear.
    Normal gets Normal gear.
    HC gets HC gear.

Different finish lines, different rewards (be that gear, titles and mounts)
    Last edited by mmocb5f9bbf5c9; 2013-03-26 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Compare it to a marathon. Some people run it to win, others to beat their own best time, while some are just happy to finish. Now, imagine that the race organizers start moving the finish line back towards the start, and that there is no distinction between between those who ran the whole marathon and those who just ran some of it. It cheapens and degrades the whole experience.
    Good analogy. It's all the same raid, LFR just happens to fall into the "Just happy to finish" category. We're not in it to win it, or to be the first to win it... we just want the chance to run the same distance at our pace and without the difficulty and determination that comes with hardcore training. Sure, no one ever remembers who finished last, but honestly, in LFR, we're not exactly trying to compete or dethrone any winners.