Thread: moonkin Durumu

moonkin Durumu

hi all so my guild just killed durumu freaking awesome fight my fav so far. my dps was soso in that fight and now i want to improve during on our kill during the maze phase i was concentrating on more of moving and not dying than a whole lot of dpsing am i suppose to be spamming moonfire/sunfire and using the ss procs? and if so do i spam my eclipsed dot or the uneclisped dot and let the buffed dot go? any extra tips for this fight will help thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymonkgonemad View Post
    hi all so my guild just killed durumu freaking awesome fight my fav so far. my dps was soso in that fight and now i want to improve during on our kill during the maze phase i was concentrating on more of moving and not dying than a whole lot of dpsing am i suppose to be spamming moonfire/sunfire and using the ss procs? and if so do i spam my eclipsed dot or the uneclisped dot and let the buffed dot go? any extra tips for this fight will help thanks.
    Always spam your eclipsed dot, as the initial damage will also be buffed, and it'll continue to tick as normal. Definitely use SS procs as soon as they're available. If your SS procs take you out of eclipse, you'll want to start spamming your uneclipsed dot, because you wont want to overwrite your eclipsed dot with an uneclipsed one.

For ex: I'm in Lunar eclipse, spamming Moonfire (eclipsed) and letting Sunfire (uneclipsed) tick. I get a SS proc and it takes me into post-Lunar. I then start spamming Sunfire, so as to not overwrite the buffed Moonfire.

I'd imagine HotW cat form would be good for one of the maze phases?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    I'd imagine HotW cat form would be good for one of the maze phases?
    Assuming you can handle running in melee-range with ease and DPS'ing at the same time, yes.

However, running in the maze the furthest out as a moonkin with the passive 15% speed is 100% guaranteed success, so I tend to do that instead and just spam moonfire/sunfire.

Deleted
    Neh take melee range, and with some good timing you can still switch eclipses, that will always be the best dps boost. After all the tries we had to do to make people comfortable, i had some time to get comfortable with dpsing in the maze.

Once you are comfortable with moving during the "maze phase" then just proceed with your normal rotation and moving between casts when needed. I tend to also refresh my DoTs before I leave an eclipse just to make sure they don't fall off before I reach the next eclipse, there's really no need to spam moonfire / sunfire at all during that phase.