Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Doing a boss with 549 ilvl is significantly different from doing the same boss with 541 ilvl. Only Asian 25 man guilds can get 549 ilvl gear.
    and yet doing a boss with 25 players is the same as doing a boss with 10 players

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    MMOC has really cut back its raid progression coverage this tier overall. They used to do a lot more. There are other sites now like Manaflask that do extensive raid progression coverage if that's what you're looking for.
    To clarify the Admins (reds) make the news, the mods (greens/blues) manage the forums more or less. The news generally is updated in bulk ie. several news posts at the same time.

Secondly, congratulations Paragonon the first 10man kill (outside of the Asians)

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Sure, but then the world rankings gives Asian teams 6 points per win, and European teams 3 points per win. That's essentially the advantage they're getting now. Double.
    Meanwhile Asia team has 8 days update delay compared with US, which means by the time Paragon stood in front of Lei Shen Asia guilds were just able to zone in heroic mode to face the first boss. And more important is by that time u wouldn't know Ra Den gonna take you 8 weeks to kill.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Then it would be Method who got world first. If a whole different version of the game doesn't matter then raidsize doesn't matter either.
    Exploits or bugs don't matter either then, so Ensidia got world first kill on LK HC. It wasn't fair but world first is world first.

Kind of hypocritical to say 10 man world first but disregard any other difference other than raidsize. That is why I see 10 and 25 man as different races for world first just like I see Asian and EU/US as different races (I can deal with the fact that US gets content one day earlier, don't want to make it too boring). You either split them up to make it fair or you don't and congratulate guilds because they have unfair advantages over the others and deal with the fact that a lot of people are not going to agree with you. There is no debate, there is only you who is being a hypocrite.
    I don't know how do u define unfair advantages but surely gets the content 8 days earlier isn't fair enough. Simple fact, Style killed Ra Den with less than 60 attempts and 8 ilv higher compared with Paragon less than 120 attempts and normal ilv, kinda hard to tell which team is better isn't it?

We shouldn't disqualify Asia because of ilv difference, Western has entire week free farm advantage since vanilla but never a single person says its unfair to achieve WF with extra gear and time.
    Last edited by oysterwjc; 2013-04-18 at 11:46 PM.

Looks like KIN Raiders got a 10m kill today. Grats!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Doing a boss with 549 ilvl is significantly different from doing the same boss with 541 ilvl. Only Asian 25 man guilds can get 549 ilvl gear.
    Yeah, and as I said, this has been explained more times than any person with a functioning brain could ever need to have it explained. Those that still dont understand this will never understand it or simply doesnt want to understand it. Now I assume you were just taking the piss since noone would be stupid enough to make a post like that while being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by oysterwjc View Post
    I don't know how do u define unfair advantages but surely gets the content 8 days earlier isn't fair enough. Simple fact, Style killed Ra Den with less than 60 attempts and 8 ilv higher compared with Paragon less than 120 attempts and normal ilv, kinda hard to tell which team is better isn't it?

We shouldn't disqualify Asia because of ilv difference, Western has entire week free farm advantage since vanilla but never a single person says its unfair to achieve WF with extra gear and time.
    Most people don't say that Paragon is better than the chinese team. They say that they're paying at two different games so they cannot be compared.
    The rules are really different and you don't handle them the same way.

Also, every guild that has already pulled Ra-den said that it was just a huge gear check without any interesting mechanics. So there's no incentive to think that the number of pull matters more than the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Also, every guild that has already pulled Ra-den said that it was just a huge gear check without any interesting mechanics. So there's no incentive to think that the number of pull matters more than the gear.
    then there'd be 10 kills by now

Deleted
    Congratulations to Blood Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Congratulations to Blood Legion.
    Thanks =-)
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

Will Method release video for Ra-den now, or wait for more kills ?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    Will Method release video for Ra-den now, or wait for more kills ?
    All things considered, I think it's highly unlikely they'll do it until at least a few more kills occur.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    So. Paragon took 24 days to kill Ra-den. 16 days for Method and 17 days for Blood Legion

I think it says a lot about the two difficulties. 10man needed 1 extra week's worth of gear Would have loved to see BL kill it before Paragon to prove my point even more.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2013-04-19 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    So. Paragon took 24 days to kill Ra-den. 16 days for Method and 17 days for Blood Legion

I think it says a lot about the two difficulties. 10man needed 1 extra week's worth of gear Would have loved to see BL kill it before Paragon to prove my point even more.
    OR, these 25 man guilds played better.
    You can only guess.
    Videos of the kills will certainly clarify everything.

Congratulations Blood Legion!

quoting this post so others may see your stupidity (read: fanboyism) after you realize your mistake and delete the post

must be tough being a noobie ten man raider who cant get past magaera and blame method and blood legion for that :-(

Warning; don't make this a personal attack, reply to the post, not the poster.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-19 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    So, two 25 man kills and 3 10 man kills.... Method and that random Asian guild should release their world first movies asap!

I can only hope that Method, Paragon, BL, or whoever, decide to wait for a fresh lockout to release their videos. Also, grats to BL, ilu guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    quoting this post so others may see your stupidity (read: fanboyism) after you realize your mistake and delete the post

must be tough being a noobie ten man raider who cant get past magaera and blame method and blood legion for that :-(

So they were more than 1 week worse than Paragon at Lei Shen (which is the harder boss) and 1 week better than Pargon on Ra-den (which is mechanically easier but needs more gear)?

Guess they injected motivation boosters in their veins and all of a sudden turned their misfortune into complete skill!

I'd just go by gear level, mostly. Paragon did it with less gear than Method and Blood Legion, but with more attempts, albeit those attempts were with gear that probably wasn't even close to the gear level they needed to down it, along with the boss having a lot of bugs. I think it's interesting that Paragon needed less gear to kill it than BL or Method. I've always though of Paragon as having a penchant for doing more with less.

Still, Method got world first and that in the end is what matters. Grats to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    I'd just go by gear level, mostly. Paragon did it with less gear than Method and Blood Legion, but with more attempts, albeit those attempts were with gear that probably wasn't even close to the gear level they needed to down it, along with the boss having a lot of bugs. I think it's interesting that Paragon needed less gear to kill it than BL or Method. I've always though of Paragon as having a penchant for doing more with less.

Still, Method got world first and that in the end is what matters. Grats to them.
    I think that's interesting as well. Also Justwait from Method pretty much confirmed they were able to hold a few of their DPSers on boss all time. I'd never imagine 10man being able to pull that off, especially if you do it with less gear.

i think your statement combined with the fact that they used three healers and two melees as well as an affliction lock in ten man is even more interesting