Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    looking for help for a moonkin trial we picked up. i asked him last week if it was ok to look for assistance on forums and he said it was ok. His burst is really subpar and hes basically bottom dps of all our kills both normal and heroic. none of us have moonkin alts so we cant accurately analyze his logs to see where hes making mistakes. Hoping to find some help here.

last nights logs starting with H iron Qon kill:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g9...?s=3503&e=4096

boomkins armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yston/advanced
    • he doesn't start pre-Lunar, and instead his first eclipse is Solar. His opener should be Incarnation -> Lunar -> CA, judging by his lack of RPPM trinkets and no Sinister meta gem.
    • his Starfalls are all messed up. Half of them don't align with Lunar eclipse (it's refreshed at the beginning so it should be one of, if not the, first things he does). He even lost two by not using it. Make sure he knows the importance of Starfall.
    • he isn't lining up Incarnation and CA. For the last 15 seconds of Incarnation he should be using CA to maximise the benefit of both skills. It looks like he just uses them whenever he remembers from what I can see in the logs. Cooldown management is an important part of any class, I'm not sure what he's doing.
    • his NG uptime is not very good either. I can understand losing it during Windstorm, but otherwise he has periods of ~10-15 seconds without it up. He needs to push his eclipses faster.
    • he can definitely work on using his Shooting Stars procs better. 75 procs, only 48 Starsurges cast, meaning 36% waste. For his crit rating (10k), that's pretty high. He also has really high uptime on SS (~2 seconds per proc), which means the same thing - press SS more.

That's all I could see from the Iron Qon kill. Let me know if that helps, or if you need a better explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    • he doesn't start pre-Lunar, and instead his first eclipse is Solar. His opener should be Incarnation -> Lunar -> CA, judging by his lack of RPPM trinkets and no Sinister meta gem.
    • his Starfalls are all messed up. Half of them don't align with Lunar eclipse (it's refreshed at the beginning so it should be one of, if not the, first things he does). He even lost two by not using it. Make sure he knows the importance of Starfall.
    • he isn't lining up Incarnation and CA. For the last 15 seconds of Incarnation he should be using CA to maximise the benefit of both skills. It looks like he just uses them whenever he remembers from what I can see in the logs. Cooldown management is an important part of any class, I'm not sure what he's doing.
    • his NG uptime is not very good either. I can understand losing it during Windstorm, but otherwise he has periods of ~10-15 seconds without it up. He needs to push his eclipses faster.
    • he can definitely work on using his Shooting Stars procs better. 75 procs, only 48 Starsurges cast, meaning 36% waste. For his crit rating (10k), that's pretty high. He also has really high uptime on SS (~2 seconds per proc), which means the same thing - press SS more.

That's all I could see from the Iron Qon kill. Let me know if that helps, or if you need a better explanation
    this is actually a lot of help i directed him to this thread to look over. thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chowchig View Post
    Can someone please take a look at my logs, here is what I posted last time
    |
    |

Hello, me and my guild are currently progressing through ToT. We recently downed Durumu, as I was looking through the logs, it seems that my DPS looks low.
    Could some of you possibly point out something I'm doing wrong, or is this fight just bad for balance. I've heard it is a pain for moonkins, but with my gear it still seems low.

Here are the logs
    www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-xmrokoinx1jedpxe/dashboard/?s=4974&e=5398

Here is my armory
    us[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/frostmane/W%C3%A0rd%C3%A9r/simple

|
    |
    My name is Wàrdér on the WoL.

Thanks in advance.
    • like I said to the other chicken above this post, you're doing your opener incorrectly, though not as bad. You should start the fight 1 cast from Lunar eclipse, and then pop Incarnation at the beginning of the Lunar eclipse. Once you exit Lunar, pop CA and Incarnation should still be running for CA's duration. You're starting heading to Solar, which'll be a small DPS decrease. Good thing is that you're lining up CA and Incarnation together, which is correct.
    • your Starfalls seem to be pretty good, keep it up!
    • your SS procs/SS use is pretty high too, only 8% loss. That's very good for your current gear.
    • be wary of your NG uptime. I realise there's a bit of movement on Durumu, especially with the maze, but to maximise DPS you'll need to maximise standing still without dying. It takes practice on the maze, but during other phases it's relatively easy to position yourself so that you don't need to move much. I typically stand near the edge of the room so if Lingering Gaze goes on me I only have to move out of the puddle, rather than to position it at the edge. For fog phase, I stand near the boss so I can multidot the fogs and single-target the boss simultaenously.
    • otherwise, for your gear all I can see is you need to upgrade your trinket/ring/weapon. If you're able to get a 522+ item in each of those slots, you'll do quite a bit more DPS.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    Pretty new to Balance still but im doing fairly well now and we had our first alt raid last night. I looked at the Moonkin guide in this forum and didn't see anything for the issue I have, which is AoE. Im golden on single target but I just have no clue what to do to be effective in AoE situations. Ive tried Hurricane which does horrible damage and seems to suck up too much mana. Ive also tried Mushrooms and have not had much luck. Im talking about 4+ mobs. I know just to DoT rotate for 1-3 mobs. Help please.
    with 4 adds use your eclipse dot only for 5+ try to be in solar and hurricane. This tier is really to 5+ adds but when there is there usually predictable so just knowing when they are and prepare with pre planted mushrooms or getting to solar will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    • like I said to the other chicken above this post, you're doing your opener incorrectly, though not as bad. You should start the fight 1 cast from Lunar eclipse, and then pop Incarnation at the beginning of the Lunar eclipse. Once you exit Lunar, pop CA and Incarnation should still be running for CA's duration. You're starting heading to Solar, which'll be a small DPS decrease. Good thing is that you're lining up CA and Incarnation together, which is correct.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the info.

I'd like to ask though, when I start 1 cast away from lunar I usually have some trouble.

The reason being that I cast starfall then 1 cast of starsurge. (pop Incarnation)Then I proceed to cast starfire and watch for starfall to finish, by then I'm usually ready to pop CA and start the regular rotation, but the starfall thing is usually holding me down since I don't want to clip the effect.
    (I am casting MF and SF everytime, just didn't want to make it more confusing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info.

I'd like to ask though, when I start 1 cast away from lunar I usually have some trouble.

The reason being that I cast starfall then 1 cast of starsurge. (pop Incarnation)Then I proceed to cast starfire and watch for starfall to finish, by then I'm usually ready to pop CA and start the regular rotation, but the starfall thing is usually holding me down since I don't want to clip the effect.
    Firstly, you shouldn't starsurge first (unless its a fight starting with multiple targets like council) you should wrath [as starsurge will do alot more damage if cast once in eclipse, on top of cooldowns etc).

Once you hit lunar, pop incarnation AND THEN MOONFIRE/SUNFIRE not casting these buffed dots not only is a flat out dps loss, but it means you'll get no shooting stars procs either. Then starsurge, then starfire this is the point im usually ready to cast my second starfall. Starsurge when you can, otherwise starfire your way to 0 energy and pop Celestial Alignment putting you back into eclipse. Cast moonfire (sun fire will be applied aswell) continue to SS when poss and starfire if not, cast your 3rd starfall when 2 fades; refresh moonfire before CA falls off and then push into solar and run the usual rotation from there

(all this is covered in 'the opener' in the balance sticky I believe).

I may be wrong in saying this, but with your comments about starfall and watching it etc, I'm lead to believe you don't have a weak aura? If that is the case, without a doubt you should get one, it makes tracking things like starfall, cooldowns (that are being used) and those waiting to come off cooldown really easy to track
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2013-04-27 at 02:04 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Thanks for the info.

Are you casting both DoTs once you hit Incarnation? Usually you can clip Starfall on 1 sec left but it's not always necessary. Also are you popping the 1st Starfall after the pull or during the countdown? If you are doing it after the pull, then this might what causes the excessive overlap.

Beyond that, trigger Lunar with Wrath, not Starsurge so you can use it right after DoTing, hardly enough time for a proc to happen.

I have one question (new moonkin here that trains hard in multiple LFRs). Since I know all the fights with my main, I can time my CDs fine according to boss mechanics etc. One thing I'd like to know is whether it is ok to do my next Incarnations and CAs while in a Solar eclipse or should I wait to move to lunar and then use it? Or wait for Solar to end, pop CA+Inc and continue to Lunar with the same Inc? (I think the second is exactly the same as going from Lunar to none). If I am not understood, once more...

My Inc is off cooldown while I am ready to enter Solar. What to do...

1. Enter Solar, pop InC --> out of Solar --> pop CA, continue
    2. Enter Solar --> out of Solar --> Pop CA+Inc --> Enter Lunar with Inc still active
    3. Enter Solar --> out of Solar --> Enter Lunar, pop Inc --> out of Lunar --> pop CA

I think the first one lacks proper Starfall damage so we must scrap it (?). How about the other 2?

P.S. I am not talking about opener, hence the "next incarnation" phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Are you casting both DoTs once you hit Incarnation? Usually you can clip Starfall on 1 sec left but it's not always necessary. Also are you popping the 1st Starfall after the pull or during the countdown? If you are doing it after the pull, then this might what causes the excessive overlap.

Beyond that, trigger Lunar with Wrath, not Starsurge so you can use it right after DoTing, hardly enough time for a proc to happen.

Yep, but on this fight we lust at start and with that, I usually end up at like 20 energy going out of Lunar, with like 3-4 seconds left on starfall.

I would cast starfall right before pull and be casting starsurge during the second or two it takes the tank to get the boss.

Yep, but on this fight we lust at start and with that, I usually end up at like 20 energy going out of Lunar, with like 3-4 seconds left on starfall.

I would cast starfall right before pull and be casting starsurge during the second or two it takes the tank to get the boss.
    Might be that then, cause even with BL it almost never happens to me. I usually pop Starfall before prep-pot and my Wrath lands as soon as the tank has hit the boss, so basically the fight starts with Inc being triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    My Inc is off cooldown while I am ready to enter Solar. What to do...

1. Enter Solar, pop InC --> out of Solar --> pop CA, continue
    2. Enter Solar --> out of Solar --> Pop CA+Inc --> Enter Lunar with Inc still active
    3. Enter Solar --> out of Solar --> Enter Lunar, pop Inc --> out of Lunar --> pop CA

I think the first one lacks proper Starfall damage so we must scrap it (?). How about the other 2?

P.S. I am not talking about opener, hence the "next incarnation" phrase.

Inc during Solar would obviously result in less DPS than when in Lunar so you don't want to normally do that. Now if the boss is dying then you don't really care ot have enough time to go to Lunar :P

If you have 2 RPPM trinkets and the legendary meta then use (2) but don't waste time depleting the Solar, as you would had opened the fight.

In standard rotation you usually know when you are in Lunar, if the next Lunar will have the CDs up so you save the Starfall. Make the full circle and then just like the opener pop the saved Starfall at <=95 energy and go on with wrath+cds (Option 3)

Deleted
    Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. My guild recently got out first Horridon HC kill. Looking at the parses my dps is quite abysmal on the fight, while I usually do quite well on normal Horridon as well as the other normal fights. On epeen bot post of the HC kill where I'm under 10th percentile, but on normal kills across all of ToT I'm managing between 50th and over 95th on various fights.

Unforuntately I can't post links as this is my first post here, but my character is called Permute on Chamber of Aspects EU, in a guild called HXC and can be found quickly on raidbots . com / epeenbot as well as world of logs. There is only 1 heroic kill parse of Horridon from 21-04.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Permute

I recently reached level 90 on my boomkin but was carried through part of ToT by my guild to scoop up some loot. I won several pieces in the raid but I do still have some very weak pieces of gear from leveling, dungeons, and grabbing whatever epics I could with honour points.

I do realize I'm missing a bracer enchant at the moment. I'm working on grinding my leatherworking up and the armour piece is a PvP item, so just waiting to finish LW for the enchant instead of wasting crystals.

Here's my character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Chii/advanced

Even though I have a few weak items, I still feel my DPS should be higher than what I've managed in LFR the past week. I have pored over the guide here on MMO Champ, as well as the guide on EJ. It seems like I'm doing everything right but my sustained DPS tends to just plummet in raids. I tend to average around 80-90k DPS on most LFR fights.

I have noticed that since getting a bit more gear my rotation seems more fluid. Reaching eclipses doesn't take as long as it used to now that I have more haste for faster casting in general (reached the first DoT plateau) and more crit for procs to reach the next eclipse faster.

My DPS is always high after following the proper pull rotation, starting at one tick from lunar eclipse, using starfall, wrath, incarnation, both DoTs, starfall again once the first expires, starsurge, starfire until energy is 0, celestial alignment and berserking, starfall, DoT, and spamming starsurge/starfire. I refresh my DoTs with 1-2 seconds left on celestial alignment.

Once celestial alignment wears off and I begin my normal rotation towards a solar eclipse, my DPS steadily goes down. I also cannot seem to find the proper flow of using the CDs again, even when I am standing still and simply chain casting from eclipse to eclipse. As soon as my CDs are up I wait for another lunar eclipse and use them similarly to the opening rotation.

During movement phases I keep DoTs up, prioritizing the eclipsed DoT, and use the instant cast starsurge procs whenever it's up. I admit I am not great yet at placing mushrooms on the run but that's something I plan to practice and improve upon.

My guild is currently progressing on heroic Horridon and we were short numbers so I was asked to come fill a spot on my boomkin. Most players in the guild are 510-520+ ilvl but even still, my DPS was complete bottom of the barrel. I would mainly focus Horridon with my normal rotation until priority adds spawned, then would immediately switch to them. When several priority adds are up I try to mainly use the eclipse DoT on each priority add then focus the main kill target until DoTs begin to fall. My DPS was absolutely terrible. I averaged around 95k, which was the lowest by far in the raid.

I have to admit I'm feeling somewhat discouraged already. Am I doing something glaringly wrong? Are boomkins simply gear dependent? If anyone has advice for me I would greatly appreciate it. I enjoy the class, rotation, and playstyle but my DPS is so so horrible and I'm unsure how to fix it aside from gear.
    Last edited by Chisato; 2013-04-28 at 09:15 PM.

I have a question but don't see the need to make a separate thread for it.

Whats better Relic of Yu'lon 484 or Breath of the Hydra 502?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    I have a question but don't see the need to make a separate thread for it.

Whats better Relic of Yu'lon 484 or Breath of the Hydra 502?
    Breath of the Hydra by a long shot.

Other than the other post, I have another quick question: Is the Shado-Pan Assault trinket better than having a Breath of the Hydra 502 or Cha-Ye's Essence 502?
    Last edited by borja; 2013-04-29 at 03:05 AM.

I was just curious if Boomkin's are very gear dependant or not? Cause ive been doing LFR and Normal MSV, HoF, Terrace and been low on DPS...at least in my mind. Im bursting on the pull for 130k DPS but my DPS just goes down from that point on even though im pretty sure im using abilites as I should. I usually finish around 50-65k DPS on a single target fight. My current ilvl is 476 (blues heroics and some LFR). I know how to reforge correctly and im spell hit capped. Below is my opening rotation and spell priority when not blowing CD's. I don't have logs so im just looking for someone to glance over what im doing below and letting me know if Boomkins are gear dependant or not. Thanks!

Opening Rotation
    75 Lunar Energy > Starfall > Wrath > CD's (Incarnation/Nature's Vigil/Berserking) > Moonfire/Sunfire > Starfall > Starfire (till 0 LE) > Celestial Allignment > Moonfire/Sunfire > Starfire
    Normal Rotation Priority
    Moonfire/Sunfire > Starsurge > Starfall > Wrath/Starfire

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    I was just curious if Boomkin's are very gear dependant or not? Cause ive been doing LFR and Normal MSV, HoF, Terrace and been low on DPS...at least in my mind. Im bursting on the pull for 130k DPS but my DPS just goes down from that point on even though im pretty sure im using abilites as I should. I usually finish around 50-65k DPS on a single target fight. My current ilvl is 476 (blues heroics and some LFR). I know how to reforge correctly and im spell hit capped. Below is my opening rotation and spell priority when not blowing CD's. I don't have logs so im just looking for someone to glance over what im doing below and letting me know if Boomkins are gear dependant or not. Thanks!

Opening Rotation
    75 Lunar Energy > Starfall > Wrath > CD's (Incarnation/Nature's Vigil/Berserking) > Moonfire/Sunfire > Starfall > Starfire (till 0 LE) > Celestial Allignment > Moonfire/Sunfire > Starfire
    Normal Rotation Priority
    Moonfire/Sunfire > Starsurge > Starfall > Wrath/Starfire
    Balance druids are extremely gear dependent. You won't start doing really well until 500+. Might be even higher actually. Your rotation is fine. We always burst high during the opening rotation then it drops like a rock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisato View Post
    I recently reached level 90 on my boomkin but was carried through part of ToT by my guild to scoop up some loot. I won several pieces in the raid but I do still have some very weak pieces of gear from leveling, dungeons, and grabbing whatever epics I could with honour points.

I do realize I'm missing a bracer enchant at the moment. I'm working on grinding my leatherworking up and the armour piece is a PvP item, so just waiting to finish LW for the enchant instead of wasting crystals.

Here's my character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Chii/advanced

Even though I have a few weak items, I still feel my DPS should be higher than what I've managed in LFR the past week. I have pored over the guide here on MMO Champ, as well as the guide on EJ. It seems like I'm doing everything right but my sustained DPS tends to just plummet in raids. I tend to average around 80-90k DPS on most LFR fights.

I have noticed that since getting a bit more gear my rotation seems more fluid. Reaching eclipses doesn't take as long as it used to now that I have more haste for faster casting in general (reached the first DoT plateau) and more crit for procs to reach the next eclipse faster.

My DPS is always high after following the proper pull rotation, starting at one tick from lunar eclipse, using starfall, wrath, incarnation, both DoTs, starfall again once the first expires, starsurge, starfire until energy is 0, celestial alignment and berserking, starfall, DoT, and spamming starsurge/starfire. I refresh my DoTs with 1-2 seconds left on celestial alignment.

Once celestial alignment wears off and I begin my normal rotation towards a solar eclipse, my DPS steadily goes down. I also cannot seem to find the proper flow of using the CDs again, even when I am standing still and simply chain casting from eclipse to eclipse. As soon as my CDs are up I wait for another lunar eclipse and use them similarly to the opening rotation.

During movement phases I keep DoTs up, prioritizing the eclipsed DoT, and use the instant cast starsurge procs whenever it's up. I admit I am not great yet at placing mushrooms on the run but that's something I plan to practice and improve upon.

My guild is currently progressing on heroic Horridon and we were short numbers so I was asked to come fill a spot on my boomkin. Most players in the guild are 510-520+ ilvl but even still, my DPS was complete bottom of the barrel. I would mainly focus Horridon with my normal rotation until priority adds spawned, then would immediately switch to them. When several priority adds are up I try to mainly use the eclipse DoT on each priority add then focus the main kill target until DoTs begin to fall. My DPS was absolutely terrible. I averaged around 95k, which was the lowest by far in the raid.

I have to admit I'm feeling somewhat discouraged already. Am I doing something glaringly wrong? Are boomkins simply gear dependent? If anyone has advice for me I would greatly appreciate it. I enjoy the class, rotation, and playstyle but my DPS is so so horrible and I'm unsure how to fix it aside from gear.
    You can't really expect any miracle dps from your gear right now. If you are progressing in heroics, it shouldn't be to hard to pick up some gear and you will start noticing the difference when you get to 510+.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Balance druids are extremely gear dependent. You won't start doing really well until 500+. Might be even higher actually. Your rotation is fine. We always burst high during the opening rotation then it drops like a rock.
    Ok thank you I appreciate it. Just wanted to see if I was going crazy or not lol. Frustrating to be one of the lowest DPS in my alt group when im use to being on top or 2nd on my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisato View Post

My guild is currently progressing on heroic Horridon and we were short numbers so I was asked to come fill a spot on my boomkin. Most players in the guild are 510-520+ ilvl but even still, my DPS was complete bottom of the barrel. I would mainly focus Horridon with my normal rotation until priority adds spawned, then would immediately switch to them. When several priority adds are up I try to mainly use the eclipse DoT on each priority add then focus the main kill target until DoTs begin to fall. My DPS was absolutely terrible.
    Im feeling this too, 520 ilvl here and im bottom of the pile feeling really disheartened as im usually further up, any tips/tricks for this so i can not suck?